Trump says he will be arrested on Tuesday and urges his supporters to attempt another coup

43 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Everything I am hearing is that people aren't taking Trump up on the offer.

The protests that are happening seem to be somewhere between small and non-existent.

Wait is that blowback for not like pardoning Jan 6th? I feel that could be blowback from ultimately leaving them up to dry.

I've been very dubious that this day would ever come, and even though it's thanks to the least impactful of the various Trump crimes, I'm still happy to see it actually happen.

This has me hoping that maybe we'll see indictments on Georgia and the Mar-a-Lago documents, but I won't get my hopes up too much.

2 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I've been very dubious that this day would ever come, and even though it's thanks to the least impactful of the various Trump crimes, I'm still happy to see it actually happen.

This has me hoping that maybe we'll see indictments on Georgia and the Mar-a-Lago documents, but I won't get my hopes up too much.

Fulton county is a slaaaaam dunk for indictment. Will eat my shoe if there isn’t.

13 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Fulton county is a slaaaaam dunk for indictment. Will eat my shoe if there isn’t.

The best part about the Georgia case?  Governor Kemp has no authority to pardon Trump before or after conviction.  If indicted, the only way to be pardoned in Georgia is for Trump to go to prison first and petition the Parole and Pardon Board. 

Jennifer Lien is cast as Kes in Star Trek Voyager

She starts having mental health issues and is fired, leading to Jeri Ryan being hired to play 7 of 9

Jeri Ryan's higher profile leads to people finding out her husband, Illinois Senate hopeful Jack Ryan, is an abusive piece of shit and they get divorced, tanking his campaign

His opponent, Barack Obama, wins the seat

In 2011, Barack Obama roasts Donald Trump at the Correspondent's dinner, leading him to decide to run for president

Which means if Captain Janeway had followed the Prime Directive, we'd have never had Obama or Trump as presidents

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Jennifer Lien is cast as Kes in Star Trek Voyager

She starts having mental health issues and is fired, leading to Jeri Ryan being hired to play 7 of 9

Jeri Ryan's higher profile leads to people finding out her husband, Illinois Senate hopeful Jack Ryan, is an abusive piece of shit and they get divorced, tanking his campaign

His opponent, Barack Obama, wins the seat

In 2011, Barack Obama roasts Donald Trump at the Correspondent's dinner, leading him to decide to run for president

Which means if Captain Janeway had followed the Prime Directive, we'd have never had Obama or Trump as presidents

Really torn over whether four years of president Trump is worse than 4 extra years of Kes on Voyager....

20 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:

Don Jr. just posted a picture of the Judge's daughter. 

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

lock him up

14 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

That’s definitely a threat

It's 12-D chess. Because the judge will now be mad at the Trumps, which means he can't be impartial, and therefor Trump must be released. Maybe.

22 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

From what I’m reading they’re all (34 counts or so) class E felonies which are the lowest level felony in NY but have 4 year prison sentences

falsification of business records all

12 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

And those felonies would normally be misdemeanors, but the kicker in New York law is that if they are done in the furtherance of a separate crime it upgrades them to a felony. The question has been what Bragg thought he could prove those other crimes were....the statement of fact makes it seem like the answer is "lots" :lol:

15 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

And those felonies would normally be misdemeanors, but the kicker in New York law is that if they are done in the furtherance of a separate crime it upgrades them to a felony. The question has been what Bragg thought he could prove those other crimes were....the statement of fact makes it seem like the answer is "lots" :lol:

Yeah it seems pretty straightforward: 

A) Michael cohen plead guilty and did time for actions which are and were federal crimes.

B) He did these actions under the direction of and for trump.
C) Here’s the invoices where trump paid cohen for these actions. 
D) trump and his org falsified the business records as services that didn’t happen (legal services under retainer during 2017) in order to facilitate actions under B

if it were just B, C, and D, the crime, D, would be a misdemeanor and would not see the inside of a courtroom tbh. But because of A, it is now a felony. 

lmao

• Thanks 2

from Reddit:

He is charged with 34 counts of FALSIFYING BUSINESS RECORDS IN THE FIRST DEGREE, P.L. §175.10.

That statute reads:

§ 175.10 Falsifying business records in the first degree.
A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second degree, and when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof.
Falsifying business records in the first degree is a class E felony.

Source: https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/laws/PEN/175.10

The statute of limitations on a class E felony is 5 years per Crim. Proc. 30.10(b):

(b) A prosecution for any other felony must be commenced within five years after the commission thereof

Source: https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/laws/CPL/30.10

Here is some info on sentencing for a class E felony: https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/laws/PEN/70.00