Trump says he will be arrested on Tuesday and urges his supporters to attempt another coup

2 hours ago, LazyPiranha said:

The chuds on the supreme court have a vision for the future, and it doesn’t revolve around a morbidly obese octogenarian.  They’ll be more than happy to watch him rot as it actively makes their future goals easier.

It does involve a president who is largely immune from oversight

16 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It does involve a president who is largely immune from oversight

From an intellectual POV I'm interested to see what happens. Does the US government view him as a real danger? Like would they be willing to send an ex-President to jail or are they hoping to get a plea deal with the goal of stopping him from running.

4 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

Well, you ain’t getting that either. He’ll never be that badly off. Hell, his salary as an ex president alone lets him be comfy. His pension is over 200k. Then theres yhe hidden assets, and the kushners

being reasonable, theres no outcome where he truly gets what he deserves.

At least give me a broken drugged out Don Junior begging to give handjobs for blow?

Come on, who is gonna give HIM money?

2 hours ago, Zaku3 said:

From an intellectual POV I'm interested to see what happens. Does the US government view him as a real danger? Like would they be willing to send an ex-President to jail or are they hoping to get a plea deal with the goal of stopping him from running.

He’s a threat to the political but not social order so who knows

Yo my MAGA friend is asking what are the charges. I told him I wasn't sure but I think it's about Trump's organization being sus. He watches soccer so I used like Man City somehow making more money then Real Madrid sus.

Also told him based on it being Trump I'd could get him conviced as a prosecutor without evidence.

1 hour ago, Zaku3 said:

Yo my MAGA friend is asking what are the charges. I told him I wasn't sure but I think it's about Trump's organization being sus. He watches soccer so I used like Man City somehow making more money then Real Madrid sus.

Also told him based on it being Trump I'd could get him conviced as a prosecutor without evidence.

I think the crux is he used campaign funds as hush money for his prostitute.

• Halal 1

The thing is… he shows up, no bail and gets to leave on his own..

now that hes shown to be a loud mouth and inciting (again)… that technically gives the judge ground to detain him for generally being a shithead..   wont happen, but if it were anyone else

Just die already!

1 minute ago, 5timechamp said:

The thing is… he shows up, no bail and gets to leave on his own..

now that hes shown to be a loud mouth and inciting (again)… that technically gives the judge ground to detain him for generally being a shithead..   wont happen, but if it were anyone else

If this is the way things play out then I'm sure prosecutors won't complain when 45 inevitably sends out 10,000 tweets between then and his official court date filled with incriminating statements.

24 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

LOL, no, it doesn’t.

Imagine being at the level where the government gives you advance warning that they're going to arrest you. No SWAT, no no-knock raids, just "... Heeeyy, so we're gonna need you to come in on Tuesday, that would be greeaaat..."

But I generally agree that trump will never actually be convicted of anything. A former president getting convicted of felonies is not a precedent anyone actually wants to set. This seems all very performative.

4 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Imagine being at the level where the government gives you advance warning that they're going to arrest you. No SWAT, no no-knock raids, just "... Heeeyy, so we're gonna need you to come in on Tuesday, that would be greeaaat..."

But I generally agree that trump will never actually be convicted of anything. A former president getting convicted of felonies is not a precedent anyone actually wants to set. This seems all very performative.

That is a whole can of things that won't improve our situation bad.

Wait this story is a press release or a leak?

5 hours ago, MarSolo said:

At least give me a broken drugged out Don Junior begging to give handjobs for blow?

Come on, who is gonna give HIM money?

We can only hope, but at best we’ll probably need to be secure knowing he has to live with Guilefoiwhateverhernameis.

13 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

This happens to normies all the time, bud :p 

41 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

I’m so jaded that I don’t think it has fully sunk in that Trump could actually be arrested this Tuesday.

Well yeah that's a normal level of skepticism. Who knows if it's even true, or another lie Trump is telling his followers to rally them up?

53 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

So, MSNB is already at “Maybe we shouldn’t put former presidents in prison”.

Laws for thee.

Yeah, why do these discussions always ignore the tiny little sticky whicket that the inverse means that being president means you can commit any crimes and get away with it?

This is an especially important point for Trump as he broke the law to help himself win.

So, much like his pardons for people who helped him win '16 illegitimately, are we saying we should just let him cheat to win, and then accept that the mere fact that he wins shields him from all crimes....including the ones he broke to help him win?!

Nothing slippery about that slope:rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Yeah, why do these discussions always ignore the tiny little sticky whicket that the inverse means that being president means you can commit any crimes and get away with it?

This is an especially important point for Trump as he broke the law to help himself win.

So, much like his pardons for people who helped him win '16 illegitimately, are we saying we should just let him cheat to win, and then accept that the mere fact that he wins shields him from all crimes....including the ones he broke to help him win?!

Nothing slippery about that slope:rolleyes:

Pls let's keep it 100 Trump in trouble because he is basically a walking talking id. Biden ain't give enough of a shyt to reverse migrant detention centers. Torp'ed Kamala with her Don't come her speech. So Biden's response to people seeking asylum for problems in their home country that we more then likely is to stay there and die. Like sure your kid was threated to join a gang and if he doesn't your family is good as dead. Leaving to the US is a valid response to that and Biden is like naw bro. You'll be aight. 

Edit: Trump disgusts us because of what he says and that he is America mask off. For Biden the problem is he is mask off. 

19 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

I’m so torn. I also want Donald and DeSantis to tear into each other. Maybe even if Donald

cant run he will make it his mission to make DeSantis lose. 

I'd like to see that but at the same time I want outcomes that lead to winning the war not losing it. 

The contradictions that brought about Trump will continue to exist without him and be made worse by him being seen as a martyr. It's the most likely outcome of this. You know if he takes a plea deal that involves not runnung Q isn't gonna see him as the snitch he is but he had to do it to protect Ivanka or something. Or whatever makes him look like he is sacrificing himself for his family or something.

This won’t preclude Trump from running. At minimum the Trump legal team can kick the can down the road a few years with just procedural delays before you even get to a trial.

29 minutes ago, Brick said:

Fuck, for once I hope Trump is right. 

He is a liar. :dab:

But inciting violence to save himself from prison makes more sense.

I don't get supporting Trump he is literally everything wrong with this country.

29 minutes ago, Brick said:

Fuck, for once I hope Trump is right. 

On 3/18/2023 at 5:39 AM, Jason said:

My "there will not be a standoff at Mar-a-Lago" shirt... 

LH4ZEI75HJDUFJLVYH65MR7AHM.jpg
WWW.NYDAILYNEWS.COM

Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg is believed to be on the cusp of nearing a charging decision in his office’s long-running investigation into Trump, his business dealings, and the infamous hush...

This lawyer didn't make that statement just for funsies.

2 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Trump famously listens to his lawyers 

I just meant that something is probably actually happening given the lawyer also said something, and it's not just Trump making shit up out of whole cloth to get attention.