Update: 11th Circuit Appeals Court "sacks" MAL Special Master

5 minutes ago, Comet said:

Honest question, why are any of these documents even printable in 2022? Access control goes out the window once something goes from digital to papers 

It's a combination of interoperability and security for the transfer of data between different systems and sometimes there is legitimately more security involved in the handling of physical copies.

4 minutes ago, Comet said:

Honest question, why are any of these documents even printable in 2022? Access control goes out the window once something goes from digital to papers 

Depends on the controls in place. Sometimes I deal with classified documents and the military almost always delivers them in paper and they're only allowed to be read in our SCIF and when they are digital, they're only allowed to be viewed on these obnoxiously locked down laptops in their own private network and no wireless and glued up USB ports within the SCIF. There's a full paper trail of everything everyone reads and accesses as documented by security.

Sometimes this stuff is so sensitive that even the appearance of a quick digital copy is too much of a risk.

• Thanks 1
  • Halal 2

33 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'll echo this as well. 

Classified markings practically SCREAM to anyone their level of classification and associated caveats because they are fully intended to be "idiot proof" so that no one can plausibly deny that they were unaware of the exact nature of the sensitivity of the documents in their possession.

The only theoretically plausible excuse would involve something known as "derivative classification" which involves "deriving" a new document from a source or sources that have an varying degrees of original classification.  But even then, there ain't much ground to stand on in that case either.

Even in the Navy when I was going through A-school, we had to stamp in all of our homework in beg red letters as "NOFORN" (No foreign nationals) and have it locked up when not in the school house.  The government doesn't mess around with classified information/

4 minutes ago, silentbob said:

Ok I might of lied about seeing comments on the FoxNews site:lol: some die hards still but the tides might be slowly turning over there. Some are even complaining that Fox isn’t even reporting the news of this literal nuclear bombshell 

This is a typical pattern. Even his rightwing allies are sometimes knocked off balance for a few days when the worst stuff comes out.

Well within a week they will have their talking points in order and connecting the dots to how it's all actually Hillary's fault.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

You should fix that, ASAP.

It's one of those always on my list. I didn't have access to HBO back when such shows ran, and I've slowly watched some of those golden era HBO series.

The news is saying a president does not have the authority to unilaterally declassify material on nuclear energy or weapons per the Atomic Energy Act. So that pretty much cuts off Trumps possible defense that he declassified the docs before leaving office.  

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

the lion king disney GIF

He's likely correct in that Trump kept them, not to sell, but because he thought it was cool and something he could brag about. I can very easily picture him bragging on the golf course that all the US nuclear secrets are locked up in a safe under his desk. What's most troubling is that he's also the type to pull out a few docs for VIP guests while also bragging about how secure and well built the safe is.

• Guillotine 1
  • Halal 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

He's likely correct in that Trump kept them, not to sell, but because he thought it was cool and something he could brag about. I can very easily picture him bragging on the golf course that all the US nuclear secrets are locked up in a safe under his desk. What's most troubling is that he's also the type to pull out a few docs for VIP guests while also bragging about how secure and well built the safe is.

With his stupid thumb up and that shit eating grin on his face and a red maga hat

14 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

"Was it illegal for Donald Trump to sell nuclear secrets to Saudi Arabia for 500 million in personal profit? Experts argue the answer is more complicated than you might think."

Or....

"Will Democrats face backlash in November for exposing Donald Trump's impropriety"

• Haha 1
  • True 1
  • Halal 1

5 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

"Was it illegal for Donald Trump to sell nuclear secrets to Saudi Arabia for 500 million in personal profit? Experts argue the answer is more complicated than you might think."

Or....

"Will Democrats face backlash in November for exposing Donald Trump's impropriety"

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

Or....

Now's not the time to divide our country 

47 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

This is a typical pattern. Even his rightwing allies are sometimes knocked off balance for a few days when the worst stuff comes out.

And you can rely on the Democrats to not strike while the iron is hot. 

• Halal 1