Update: 11th Circuit Appeals Court "sacks" MAL Special Master

3 minutes ago, 5timechamp said:

Lets just ignore the fact that our National Security was potentially put at risk… this “snitch”  who is trying to safeguard our national security is committing a violation of trust.. How can one expect to conduct criminal activity when you cant trust anyone?

On a side note I ask again, when does the Scorsese version of this get made?  He loves doing crime sagas.. can you imagine the brilliance required to portray Trump, you gotta portray his utter decadence and stupidity without making it appear as if youre spoofing him… dont go full Dotard!

Forget Scorcese... I want the American Crime Story version of this like they did with the Lewensky scandal. 

1 minute ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So wait, did he keep the Nuclear documents or were they planted? I'm not sure what's going on here... what is he saying?

His defense appears to rest on the idea that the fbi planted the nuclear info, but also he was right to have it because Obama had the same info (no proof of this, to no surprise)

so he had nuclear related info he’s all but confirmed it, now trying to weasel his way out of it. 

• True 1

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

So wait, did he keep the Nuclear documents or were they planted? I'm not sure what's going on here... what is he saying?

They were planted by deep state FBI!  Mike Lindell told me he has proof that Obama Hussein sold millions of pages of nuclear to Iran, bad people believe me, such a big hoax, I know everything about nuclear, more than the guy everyone calls old crazy Joe, such a hoax.

1 minute ago, thewhyteboar said:

“Yeah he did it but the cops took to long” doesn’t seem like a very solid defense. Then again Ben Shapiro’s IQ is equal to his height. 

I love how they ignore the fact that it took this long simply because he is the former president. Literally any other person on earth and it would have been taken care of a year and a half ago

• Halal 1

50 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Might as well be a confession oh my god

Yeah, at the risk of stating the obvious this is tantamount to a confession from Trump.

The details are still in question and important, but the only reason Trump makes this Tweet is because they got him dead to rights on something.

So don't be surprised when Fox falls in line with this both sides messaging. The goal of Dems should be to get every Republican on the ballot this November to either endorse Trump's pro-treason stance, or denounce him for it. Squeeze them between moderates who won't accept the former and the Trumpers who won't accept the latter.

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I love how they ignore the fact that it took this long simply because he is the former president. Literally any other person on earth and it would have been taken care of a year and a half ago

As always, they turn Trump's own privilege and turn it against those who timidly and erroroneously granted him that privilege to begin with. 

Lesson number 247 of why Trump is an authoritarian at his core and appeasement is never the answer.

• True 1
  • Halal 2

I remember at one time it was kind of nice being able to predict all of the turns of a Trump scandal because he is so one dimensional and predictable. Kind of like you could read the future and be ahead of the game.

After a while it's just exhausting, though. Like everything else about him.

Because we know what the following weeks hold for us now. We will now have a "political debate" about how a game show host retiree in Florida having a closet full of our nuclear and intel secrets is actually not that big of a deal when you think about it.

One of the GOP's biggest advantages is that it can talk almost anything into being. It may be shot down hard on mainstream media discussions, but the disheartening part is that the GOP will force it to be treated as a valid, debatable, political topic.

• Halal 1

13 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

I remember at one time it was kind of nice being able to predict all of the turns of a Trump scandal because he is so one dimensional and predictable. Kind of like you could read the future and be ahead of the game.

After a while it's just exhausting, though. Like everything else about him.

Because we know what the following weeks hold for us now. We will now have a "political debate" about how a game show host retiree in Florida having a closet full of our nuclear and intel secrets is actually not that big of a deal when you think about it.

One of the GOP's biggest advantages is that it can talk almost anything into being. It may be shot down hard on mainstream media discussions, but the disheartening part is that the GOP will force it to be treated as a valid, debatable, political topic.

It only works because of the complicity of the American public.

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I know it's Newsweek, but isn't Arkin generally pretty credible?

It works because staying on message is a very effective tactic.

Do you stop an interview dead in it's tracks every time a Republican uses the word Democrat Senator instead of Democratic Senator to call them out and explain what they are doing? Do you do that now until the end of time? If you let that one go even with good intentions because you have a dozen other things to call them out for you are now complicit in forming a talking point.

Oh, and this kind of confrontational, zero tolerance interviewing is just extremely uncomfortable viewing in general, so we know networks love that.

At the end of the day it's like their stance on government being the problem. In the system we have it's a lot easier to tear things down than to build them up. When you want the government to fail that just means you are at a natural advantage over a party that wants it to succeed.

When you are wrong about most things, you kind of win either way. You can force the talking point into existence because they would rather you call them out on it than have to confront the facts, anyway. 

A good debater can thread the needle of tying the two together, but those are few and far between in the Democratic party so it gets lost in the sea of noise.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 5timechamp said:

On a side note I ask again, when does the Scorsese version of this get made?  He loves doing crime sagas.. can you imagine the brilliance required to portray Trump, you gotta portray his utter decadence and stupidity without making it appear as if youre spoofing him… dont go full Dotard!

I'd rather have the Coen Bros make it. Bumbling idiots doing crimes is right up their alley.