Update: 11th Circuit Appeals Court "sacks" MAL Special Master

Just now, Jason said:

Would launch codes be usable without the football?

I'm pretty sure his launch codes became useless the moment Biden became President.

It's probably related to either intelligence on other countries or details regarding some classified operation.

I think the question is:  Is the President just allowed to haul out whatever?  They don't have anyone from the NSC going through the shit they're taking out of The White House before it goes out the door?

1 minute ago, Chris- said:

I don’t think it matters given that they would still give adversaries a chance to reverse engineer them. 

My point was you can't just call up a Minuteman base and order a strike, there's a whole chain of verifying that it's actually coming from the president and I think an order also has to come in over specific systems. I guess it's possible he stole enough to allow spoofing that, but what I was thinking is that the codes by themselves are like telling you the password to my computer but not telling you where it is. 

Just now, Jason said:

My point was you can't just call up a Minuteman base and order a strike, there's a whole chain of verifying that it's actually coming from the president and I think an order also has to come in over specific systems. I guess it's possible he stole enough to allow spoofing that, but what I was thinking is that the codes by themselves are like telling you the password to my computer but not telling you where it is. 

I’d say access to our nuclear arsenal is serious enough that we don’t want anyone to know the password. 

1 minute ago, Chris- said:

I’d say access to our nuclear arsenal is serious enough that we don’t want anyone to know the password. 

Yes, it would probably still qualify as "HAVE to act", I'm just saying I'm dubious that he could have walked out with enough to enable Putin or Saudi Arabia to actually successfully issue a false launch order to US nukes.

the values of the specific passcode to the nuclear arsenal aren't as important as how the values are generated. I have zero (0) knowledge of how the USG does it but some techcompanies go through a LOT to try and get truly random numbers for seeding, (e.g. lava lamps used by Cloudflare) and knowledge of that type of information from the USG would be an absolutely massive security issue. that said, 

4 minutes ago, Jwheel86 said:
ARSTECHNICA.COM

PALs were not the pals of Strategic Command generals.

lmao but of course it might be embarrassing on this level too and not sophisticated at all

A subpoena was issued for the classified material that was supposedly still in their possession.  It would seem some of this material was not returned at the June meeting between DOJ officials and Trump's attorney/staff which led to the issuance of the search warrant.  It's worth noting that issuing a subpoena to obtain classified material is NOT standard DOJ practice - they usually go straight to the search warrant.

32 minutes ago, silentbob said:

CNN just said this conference will be talking about “the raid” on Trump. 

Right-wing media does an exceptional job of willing a term in to existence, to the point it becomes the baseline language for the rest of media, and citizens. 

• True 1

1 minute ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

my guess is trump opposes the unsealing under 'national security' grounds because that sort of brazen bullshit is right up his alley

I’d say that claiming unsealing the matters would be a national security concern would be a tacit admission of guilt, but nothing matters anymore.

I made the mistake to read the comments on the Foxnews boards after this press conference. Fuck are people scary on that board, and you get some rational people and the far right nut jobs start posting. One even called Garland a Nazi White J*w (how they spelled it out) Saying that all the democrats want to do is help wipe out the white national catholic population. 

if they’re like him and if his conspiracy is true DO IT! Fuck, these idiots are badly wired in the “brain”