Update: 11th Circuit Appeals Court "sacks" MAL Special Master

10 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

I would simply not threaten the life of the fbi director or the attorney general or FBI agents but I guess I’m just built differently 

I guess we can look forward to some badass being frog marched to a courthouse practically crying.

• True 1

56 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

wtf is with these people (specifically in this case, her hat)

The easiest thing to tell these people, even if it simplifies things beyond the point of resembling reality, is that what she and Trump did wasn't criminal until Trump made it so in 2018. Yeah, that's not really what's going on here, but it's worked for a few conservatives I work with who were bitching about this whole thing yesterday afternoon.

1 minute ago, Ghost_MH said:

The easiest thing to tell these people, even if it simplifies things beyond the point of resembling reality, is that what she and Trump did wasn't criminal until Trump made it so in 2018. Yeah, that's not really what's going on here, but it's worked for a few conservatives I work with who were bitching about this whole thing yesterday afternoon.

This is exactly how I explain why Tom Brady absolutely had footballs deflated to Pats fans, Brady and other QBs wanted the rules changed to let teams handle the balls. They hate when I say it and have no comebacks. :p

3 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

This is exactly how I explain why Tom Brady absolutely had footballs deflated to Pats fans, Brady and other QBs wanted the rules changed to let teams handle the balls. They hate when I say it and have no comebacks. :p

I'm a Pats fan and yeah, this is pinetar or guys at second stealing signs in baseball. Everyone does it. You only get in trouble for it if you're especially egregious or opposing teams don't like you enough and complain about it. Unfortunately for the Pats, they were egregious AND nobody likes them.

2 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The objective of making the claim of planted evidence isn't legal - it's political.

Oh absolutely.

Again, this is why pointing out the hypocrisy of these ghouls is pointless, they’d be rock hard about the FBI within 5 seconds of saying they were going after Hunter or some shit.

Just now, Kal-El814 said:

Oh absolutely.

Again, this is why pointing out the hypocrisy of these ghouls is pointless, they’d be rock hard about the FBI within 5 seconds of saying they were going after Hunter or some shit.

Also, people should ignore that this is one of his lawyers saying it. He would have shopped around for another lawyer if one of his wasn't willing to jump on TV and say the FBI planted evidence. Trump loves nothing more than having folks debase themselves for him.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Also, people should ignore that this is one of his lawyers saying it. He would have shopped around for another lawyer if one of his wasn't willing to jump on TV and say the FBI planted evidence. Trump loves nothing more than having folks debase themselves for him.

Oh, there's no "debasement" with Christina Cobb.  She's an absolutely true believer!

• True 1

1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

is trump so powerful that he can appoint an fbi director that even he can't defeat

Is Trump so powerful that he can take a dump that even he can't flush?

Oh wait we already know the answer to that one.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

You know what?  You're absolutely correct and this thread casts doubt on the story's sourcing:

I'm removing the link to not give it more exposure.

Yeah, isn't Newsweek like Nat Geo or something? And Sinclair with local media. They were bought out by some rich conservative fuck and they haven't went full Fox News because they would rather soft peddle the conservative messaging while maintaining the veneer of the impartial credibility those outlets gained over the years.

Just now, Chairslinger said:

Yeah, isn't Newsweek like Nat Geo or something? And Sinclair with local media. They were bought out by some rich conservative fuck and they haven't went full Fox News because they would rather soft peddle the conservative messaging while maintaining the veneer of the impartial credibility those outlets gained over the years.

National Geographic is MAGA now??? 

Newsweek got really weird, it was passed around so much it’s considered a “zombie magazine” now. It doesn’t have any real direction or any standards/concerns over fact checking etc. I’m not even sure how much they are right wing as much as just not concerned with truthful reporting, purely clickbait driven.

4 minutes ago, stepee said:

Newsweek got really weird, it was passed around so much it’s considered a “zombie magazine” now. It doesn’t have any real direction or any standards/concerns over fact checking etc. I’m not even sure how much they are right wing as much as just not concerned with truthful reporting, purely clickbait driven.

RW media is like 90% click bait and headlines 

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

This was always going to happen, that's why I never bought the idea of Trump slowly fading away and DeSantis sliding right into place.

It was a fantasy predicated on a false impression due to Trump's relatively low visibility right now(due to his social media bans and it not being election season). It presumed that Trump would just go down without a fight. Which, again, was never going to happen. 

The funny thing is a week ago the GOP was terrified that Trump announcing a run before the Nov. election would hurt them due to bringing out the anti-Trump vote in the midterms.

Now they are convinced fricking pipebombing FBI headquarters is their path to electoral success.

It's a weird turn, but I think the reason is pretty obvious. They are a party addicted to rage, grievance, and a persecution complex. Counter punching used to be their strategy, now it's a reflex. They just can't help themselves, just like Trump.

10 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

This is true. Republicans have basically decided Trump is above the law.

I saw a take that Republicans view criminals as a class of people, not in an action of breaking the law that makes you a criminal. That’s why they’re all about “just comply” until it’s one of them. Then it’s victimization because they’re not really criminals.

I’ve argued with several Trump supporters who have big beautiful mugshots and they whine about criminals.

• Like 1
  • True 2
  • Halal 3