~*Official Thread of America's Return to Thoughts & Prayers Normalcy*~

1 hour ago, marioandsonic said:
ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Police are responding to a shooting near Union Station in Kansas City, Missouri, on Wednesday, where the Chiefs' Super Bowl rally was located.

:flag:

A ResetERA poster stated that they were at the parade with their daughter, niece, and nephew when the shooting happened.

Needless to say, they're all quite traumatized by it.

• Sad 4

CNN or NBC were showing eye witness accounts. One woman said she saw a young girl get shot in the face/cheek and was bleeding into her shoulder. She said she saw 3 kids in total bleeding from gun shot wounds, when she was running away with her kids. 

Took longer than expected… the joining of the 2 things most worshipped in the US.. Football and firearms… only thing missing was a scripture on the side of the weapon.

Sandy Hook should have been a long overdue turning point, in a way it was…it proved nowhere was off limits for the violence and it showed no tragedy would ever be too big for lobbyists to overcome..

is there any place left in anyones mass shooter bingo card?  

• True 2

The firearm homicide rate today is just a fraction of what it has been historically. This nation will never give up its guns, and I’m even willing to bet that it will eventually break up along those lines. Let us all pray that it is more peaceful this time.

The fatality has been reported as a DJ for a local radio station.

WWW.NBCWASHINGTON.COM

A DJ for Kansas City’s KKFI was killed in Wednesday’s shooting at the end of the Chiefs’ Super Bowl parade, the radio station said Wednesday.

• Guillotine 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Throwing it out there, but it was definitely a right wing chud who thinks Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift are bringing forth the anti-Christ right?

Not this time.

From the photos that I've seen of the immediate aftermath, the main suspect is a young African-American man who was tackled by the crowd and appeared to have been carrying a long gun.

From USA Today:

A personal dispute between several people erupted in gunfire at a packed celebration of the Kansas City Chiefs' Super Bowl victory, injuring over 20 people and killing a mother of two, authorities said on Thursday.

At the rally, police detained three people, including two juveniles, and recovered several firearms. No one has been charged in connection with the shooting, the chief said. One of the three people being questioned by law enforcement was tackled by bystanders before being detained. 

Investigators are working to determine "the involvement of others," Graves said, adding that "there was no nexus to terrorism or home-grown violent extremism."

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Throwing it out there, but it was definitely a right wing chud who thinks Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift are bringing forth the anti-Christ right?

I get this is a joke but pls don’t conspiracy mass shootings :(

• True 4

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Apparently there was a double murder with another person seriously wounded in my hometown of 1900 people. Yikes. 

Feels weird when it’s so close to home. About 5 minutes away from me, about 2 years ago, there was a murder-suicide on a street I go down all the time. A lady separated from her husband and dated a guy. She ended up reconciling with the husband. The ex boyfriend came to their house, killed her, shot the husband, and then killed himself. Husband survived. That all of that happened while her and the husbands 3 kids were in the house…Every time I drive by that house I think about it. Can’t imagine.

• 2 weeks later...

Tbf, Chipotle sucks and the employees don’t know the god damned menu. Every time I’ve gone they want to charge me for guac when I point to the menu where it says guac included with whatever item. Then they still want to charge for it.

Of course that doesn’t justify shooting somebody. 

7 hours ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

Tbf, Chipotle sucks and the employees don’t know the god damned menu. Every time I’ve gone they want to charge me for guac when I point to the menu where it says guac included with whatever item. Then they still want to charge for it.

Of course that doesn’t justify shooting somebody. 

You should be shot for eating at a Chipotle.

18 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Did anyone post about the guy at the drive-thru who threatened the fast food worker with a gun because the worker gave him a discount (because there was a sale)?

WTF? The guy got mad he saved money? Let me guess, got his pride insulted because he didn't think he needed a discount? 

3 hours ago, osxmatt said:

Counterpoint: Chipotle is one of the last remaining values when eating out. Less than $10 (here) for a chicken bowl with rice and veggies? I eat there 2-3 times a month.

There’s Cafe Rio (sucks) and Costa Vida (pretty good) where I’m at in addition to Chipotle. Similar pricing and food.