Official "Look How Insane and Shitty ALL GOP Officials Are" Thread

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’s administration is blocking cities from using rainbow lighting on bridges for Pride Month and other events.

a joke on the bird app: "Welcome to Freedom Summer. The following colors are now forbidden."

I like the lighting look.

It also reminds me of the inside of church with “god shining through onto his people” via the very colourful stain glass displays. Well how I remember them, as it’s been 13+ years since I’ve been in one (via weddings/baptism) So I think the LGBTQ+ community/people should demand them to be removed from the churches as well. Both colourful displays should be displayed and enjoyed by everyone, and fuck DeSantis and the neo nazi republican party. 

Also feels like real life Marvel’s Hydra Agents are out of hiding and are trying to take over S.H.I.E.L.D.

also fuck the current NYT headline: "Another Provocative Flag Was Flown at Another Alito Home"

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

The justice’s beach house displayed an “Appeal to Heaven” flag, a symbol carried on Jan. 6 and associated with a push for a more Christian-minded government.

• Guillotine 1

22 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The worst part is you can’t even say “none of this will happen” because there is no supposed border invasion in the first place

So... you're saying he's right! :o 

3 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Not GOP officials, but it seriously blows my mind what these people believe despite me not having any bar for their idiocy:

IMG-8873.jpg

It's really not talked about enough how incoherent Trump's foreign policy is and how much wishful thinking goes into his supporters view of it.

On one hand they think that Trump is going to keep us out of all foreign entanglements and save big money doing so!

But on the other he is also going to magically be more singularly powerful as any other president so as to dictate the will of other countries.

• Halal 3

32 minutes ago, Chairslinger said:

It's really not talked about enough how incoherent Trump's foreign policy is and how much wishful thinking goes into his supporters view of it.

On one hand they think that Trump is going to keep us out of all foreign entanglements and save big money doing so!

But on the other he is also going to magically be more singularly powerful as any other president so as to dictate the will of other countries.

The right wing news grift engine paves the runway ahead of Trump when it comes to a lot of this. During the 30 minutes I was subjected to it while waiting for a tire to be patched, Fox talked about Biden's "open border policy" no fewer than ten times. Biden doesn't have an open border policy! If Trump wins and makes zero changes they can just start referring to US policy accurately and it'll vibe like something Trump did. It's bananas.

The meatball actually did something I... support?!

WWW.WFLA.COM

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday evening announced he signed a bill that would limit some homeowners association fines and increase transparency.

The bill states that HOAs can’t fine residents for leaving out a trash can within 24 hours before or after the collection day or time, or for leaving holiday decorations up for longer than indicated in governing documents unless the decorations are left up more than one week after a written notice is issued.

HOAs can’t ban residents from parking personal vehicles, “including a pickup truck,” or work vehicles — that aren’t commercial vehicles — on the property. It also amends part of the law pertaining to parking law enforcement vehicles on the property to include any assigned first responder vehicle.

The associations would not be allowed to set requirements or rules for the inside of a home for things that are not visible from the outside or from a neighboring home.

6 hours ago, Reputator said:

The meatball actually did something I... support?!

WWW.WFLA.COM

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Friday evening announced he signed a bill that would limit some homeowners association fines and increase transparency.

Leaving decorations up too long is harder to punish now? I always knew he was white trash at heart. 

17 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The former Trump adviser was sentenced to four months in prison for refusing to comply with Jan. 6 Committee subpoenas, but it had been...

this is fun but also the doomer in me says he never actually steps foot in for reasons 

The one good thing about all the wannabe Trumpers is that they have negative charisma.  They're a bunch of nerdy Ivy League lawyers who tell people they're totally "based" or whatever.  They'll workshop and focus group debate zingers only for Trump to call one sleepy at a speech and get totally blown away.

Desantis' problem is that he seems to hate people and that comes across when he does the standard diner primary campaign stop and he overacts like an alien wearing human skin.  Tilda Swinton in The Dead Don't Die, played human more convincingly.

4 minutes ago, osxmatt said:
WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito in a new recording says the battle for America "can't be compromised," and that one political party will "win."

Roberts (kinda/sorta) comes off pretty good in that article.

Can't read the full thing, but just from the little preview I can see the quote "return our country to a place of godliness"... and this fucking numbskull can't see that he's the problem. Most people don't have a problem letting you live a godly life, dude. It's when we all have to live your version of a godly life that we start to have problems.

• True 1
  • Halal 2