Official "Look How Insane and Shitty ALL GOP Officials Are" Thread

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

She filed the motion, but didn't "trigger" it by classifying it as a "privileged" motion which would've forced Johnson to call the vote within 48 hours.  As such, it's just gonna sit there as the House goes into recess for the next two weeks.

IMG-8646.jpg

1 hour ago, silentbob said:
WWW.CNN.COM

A Republican state representative in Michigan, Rep. Matt Maddock, claimed on social media on Wednesday night that he had photo evidence of “illegal invaders” arriving at Detroit Metro Airport.

He is a good representation of the majority of rural Michigan. 

11 hours ago, silentbob said:
WWW.CNN.COM

A Republican state representative in Michigan, Rep. Matt Maddock, claimed on social media on Wednesday night that he had photo evidence of “illegal invaders” arriving at Detroit Metro Airport.

better yet is when someone pointed out it was Gonzaga he called them a kommie lol

1 hour ago, silentbob said:
WWW.MSNBC.COM

A generation after renaming National Airport, some Republicans have set their sights on the other D.C.-area airport — which they want to name after Trump.

Comedy Laugh GIF by For(bes) The Culture

Another example as to why nothing should ever be named after anyone. My school division is moving into a new HQ and there was a small push to name the building (and meeting rooms, etc) after former leaders, etc. Fortunately that was squashed, probably because we had to recently rename a school after it turned out the namesake was a sexual assaulter.

WWW.CNN.COM

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene bluntly warned Speaker Mike Johnson on Wednesday that moving ahead with an aid package for Ukraine would be one of “the most egregious things he could do” as she said...

Crazy is fun until it bites you back 

On 4/2/2024 at 6:13 PM, silentbob said:
WWW.MSNBC.COM

A generation after renaming National Airport, some Republicans have set their sights on the other D.C.-area airport — which they want to name after...

Comedy Laugh GIF by For(bes) The Culture

ABCNEWS.GO.COM

A group of House Democrats are proposing a bill to rename a federal prison in Miami after former President Donald Trump.

Lolololol

• Haha 5
  • Sicko 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Critics say it was inspired by unsubstantiated conspiracy theories that planes are spraying poison.

In the debate over the Tennessee bill, lawmakers and witnesses cited a range of both reliable and debunked facts about geoengineering and weather modification, and at least one witness said she believed the White House was engaged in climate experiments but could not provide definitive proof.

• Guillotine 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PaladinSolo said:
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Critics say it was inspired by unsubstantiated conspiracy theories that planes are spraying poison.

In the debate over the Tennessee bill, lawmakers and witnesses cited a range of both reliable and debunked facts about geoengineering and weather modification, and at least one witness said she believed the White House was engaged in climate experiments but could not provide definitive proof.

1 hour ago, TUFKAK said:

Republicans focused on the important thing 

The best thing about that is, if I remember right, they had to edit the bill a couple times because they realized the wording would stop actual, legit polluting done by businesses in the state.

"Hey now, we are just trying to press on the fear centers of the brains of tinfoil hat wearing weirdos....we don't want to risk actually stopping hog farmers from spraying aerated pig shit into the air!!!"

-Some Republican, probably

• Guillotine 2

8 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Apparently Rock "The Dwayne" Johnson was on Fox news saying he's not going to endorse either candidate this election and went on to unironically complain about woke and "cancel culture"

In a year or two he'll be fully right-wing, it's the standard arc. He'll say it's because of the woke reaction to this announcement.

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

Apparently Rock "The Dwayne" Johnson was on Fox news saying he's not going to endorse either candidate this election and went on to unironically complain about woke and "cancel culture"

WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

The star actor told Fox News that he now prefers to keep his politics private.

“The endorsement that I made years ago with Biden was one I thought was the best decision for me at that time. I realize now going into this election, I will not do that, my goal is to bring this country together,” said the actor and former pro-wrestler who has toyed with the idea of a presidential run.

Johnson added that he believed the Biden presidency has sown “division” in the country, repeating Fox-friendly platitudes about “cancel culture, woke culture, this culture, that culture” which he said “really bugs me.” He didn’t go into further detail about what that “division” looked like to him.

• Guillotine 3
  • Haha 1

I see The Rock continues to get more entitled and obsessed with his brand as he gets older. A shame, when he was doing interesting work like The Rundown, Be Cool, Southland Tales, etc. I liked and rooted for him. He's pissed all that good will away in the intervening years.

• True 2