Official "Look How Insane and Shitty ALL GOP Officials Are" Thread

6 minutes ago, finaljedi said:
WWW.ROLLINGSTONE.COM

South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem describes executing an unruly puppy in an excerpt of her upcoming book obtained by The Guardian.

I guess Kristi Noem killed a puppy and a goat she didn't care for.

The GOP has long been the party of racists and misogynists, but I feel like bullies, grifters, and sociopaths have made serious inroads during the Trump years.

1 hour ago, Chairslinger said:

The GOP has long been the party of racists and misogynists, but I feel like bullies, grifters, and sociopaths have made serious inroads during the Trump years.

To be fair, a lot of overlap amongst those groups and ideologies. Racists and misogynists are bullies by their very nature.

I held my dog’s paws with tears in my eyes when the vet gave him the medicine that would end his suffering. It was the most gut wrenching moment of my life (well, until my dad died months later), and this was over a dog I initially didn’t even WANT in the first place.

FUCK. I hope bad things happen to Kristi Noem and only Kristi Noem.

• Sad 1
  • Halal 1
  • Hugs 8

1 minute ago, MarSolo said:

I held my dog’s paws with tears in my eyes when the vet gave him the medicine that would end his suffering. It was the most gut wrenching moment of my life (well, until my dad died months later), and this was over a dog I initially didn’t even WANT in the first place.

FUCK. I hope bad things happen to Kristi Noem and only Kristi Noem.

I had to put mine down in October after a long life.  I stayed there petting him until the vet confirmed he’d gone.  He was also a handful, did not care at all for other dogs.  But being a responsible pet owner I took care, I didn’t shoot him, get a taste for blood and then brutally kill the cat too.

• Hugs 1

I had never been there for when I lost a dog, until we lost my last dog Buddy. It was a holiday and no vets were open, but one emergency clinic in town. Covid restrictions were still present, but we’re kind enough to set thing up to happen outside. It was sad but the best way to say goodbye. They gave him rollover pieces as the medicine took hold and watched him pass in my mom arms as she held his head. I have pics for myself and is the one thing I always dread about being a pet owner. 

• Hugs 1

While I definitely couldn’t kill my own dog, I know plenty of farmers who have. I don’t hold it against them in any way. In all the cases I know of though, these were old farm dogs that were dying, not healthy animals. 

I have no problem in general with killing animals, I’ve killed many, hunting, farm animals, but pets are different. I did have to kill my own cat, but it had been attacked by a coyote, its back leg was half gone, I'm pretty sure its back was broken, and it was cut and bleeding. I was 15-16. It absolutely sucked and was heart wrenching, but letting him continue suffering was not an option. 

but killing a healthy pet? Man, thats 9th circle of hell level shit.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 3

6 hours ago, Chairslinger said:

Within the last 5 years specifically social media grifting has just blown the fuck up in a way I couldn’t have predicted. There have always been grifters about but the extent to which it’s now done publicly, obviously, and aspirationally is wild to see. 

32 minutes ago, BloodyHell said:

While I definitely couldn’t kill my own dog, I know plenty of farmers who have. I don’t hold it against them in any way. In all the cases I know of though, these were old farm dogs that were dying, not healthy animals. 

I have no problem in general with killing animals, I’ve killed many, hunting, farm animals, but pets are different. I did have to kill my own cat, but it had been attacked by a coyote, its back leg was half gone, I'm pretty sure its back was broken, and it was cut and bleeding. I was 15-16. It absolutely sucked and was heart wrenching, but letting him continue suffering was not an option. 

Jesus Christ that's brutal. Sorry to hear that, man. 

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

At least your cat went out like a boss throwing down with a coyote.

My beagle got his ass kicked by a poodle. It was embarrassing. He wasn’t even in his fat beagle stage yet where something like that was understandable.

Nah, he was like three then. Stupid dog. But then when he got older and fatter he would bully my sister’s pitbull/greyhound mix. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MarSolo said:

My beagle got his ass kicked by a poodle. It was embarrassing. He wasn’t even in his fat beagle stage yet where something like that was understandable.

Nah, he was like three then. Stupid dog. But then when he got older and fatter he would bully my sister’s pitbull/greyhound mix. 

I had a couple of beagles 😂 great hunting hounds, dumber than a bag of rocks! Adorable and loyal though!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Weren’t poodles initially bred to be hunting dogs? Not so bad in that context 

2 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

I’m enjoying that even some hard-right republicans and maga-chuds are pissed at Noem and don’t want her as a VP pick for Trump now

You do not fuck with dogs in America, we will fuck you up over that.

Just now, TUFKAK said:

You do not fuck with dogs in America, we will fuck you up over that.

It's just extra enjoyable because she wanted that VP pick so badly and it's probably why she even wrote this shit book in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

It's just extra enjoyable because she wanted that VP pick so badly and it's probably why she even wrote this shit book in the first place.

Like I read the excerpt, I can sortve see it, taking her at her word that dog was a problem, but it’s the callous ass way she describes it that makes it sociopathic Abd then just going, that goat  smells kill it too, and such a shit shot she fucking missed her first shot. I’ve known ranchers; they don’t cull that way 

2 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

Like I read the excerpt, I can sortve see it, taking her at her word that dog was a problem, but it’s the callous ass way she describes it that makes it sociopathic Abd then just going, that goat  smells kill it too, and such a shit shot she fucking missed her first shot. I’ve known ranchers; they don’t cull that way 

The puppy sounded like it was being a puppy, even when taking her at her word. It was chasing after birds and later a friends chickens having the "time of it's life". Like, yea, not every fucking dog makes a good hunting dog. So, her solution, "kill it"? Fuck that. There's a 1000 other solutions, but she wanted some type of sick revenge on something that was only in the world for 14 months and didn't know any better. She can fuck right off and there is literally no explanation that makes what she did even remotely understandable as the dog was not a threat to anyone in her story even though she claimed "it was dangerous to anyone it came in contact with", at the end of the day, that dog just "ruined the hunt" she was on and it probably embarrassed her so she wanted to "feel good" by getting revenge.

I mean, FFS, look at Commander. Dog bit how many USSS agents? Biden put him in proper care where he is less stressed and won't do that.

Just now, Spork3245 said:

The puppy sounded like it was being a puppy, even when taking her at her word. It was chasing after birds and later a friends chickens having the "time of it's life". Like, yea, not every fucking dog makes a good hunting dog. So, her solution, "kill it"? Fuck that. There's a 1000 other solutions, but she wanted some type of sick revenge on something that was only in the world for 14 months and didn't know any better. She can fuck right off and there is literally no explanation that makes what she did even remotely understandable as the dog was not a threat to anyone in her story even though she claimed "it was dangerous to anyone it came in contact with", at the end of the day, that dog just "ruined the hunt" she was on and it probably embarrassed her so she wanted to "feel good" by getting revenge.

I mean, FFS, look at Commander. Dog bit how many USSS agents? Biden put him in proper care where he is less stressed and won't do that.

To be fair what I read was killed a bunch of chickens then went after her aggressively when she tried to stop the dog,  that’s not puppy behavior, that’s aggressive dog behavior as most dogs don’t decimate a chicken coop. I could see in the moment killing the dog, but not the after.

2 minutes ago, TUFKAK said:

To be fair what I read was killed a bunch of chickens then went after her aggressively when she tried to stop the dog,  that’s not puppy behavior, that’s aggressive dog behavior as most dogs don’t decimate a chicken coop. I could see in the moment killing the dog, but not the after.

Any dog with a strong prey drive (which typically kicks in around 9-15 months) would have done the same. German Wirehaired Pointers are known for having extremely strong prey drives. She let a puppy, still in training, off leash among "food" and then got upset when it did a puppy thing. She's a fucking moron. And yea, if you don't teach a dog like that not to be aggressive with food/toys/whatever from a young age, of course it gets aggressive when you try to take things away. Fact of the matter is that it sounds like she didn't bother training it with any legit techniques.

She probably thought the story about killing the puppy would actually help her with Trump, because lest we forget, Trump infamously hates dogs. You'd think it would be that trait that would have turned off conservatives since everyone in America are obsessed with dogs but they're very stupid so here we are.

3 minutes ago, Greatoneshere said:

She probably thought the story about killing the puppy would actually help her with Trump, because lest we forget, Trump infamously hates dogs. You'd think it would be that trait that would have turned off conservatives since everyone in America are obsessed with dogs but they're very stupid so here we are.

Trump also cares about optics, it's why he once used a sharpie to double down and draw on a weather map. I hope this gaffe sends Noem back to political obscurity... I also hope she gets eaten by a pack of wild dogs.

• True 1

Kristi Noem is a known liar. I do not for a single second believe her puppy, who was having the time of their life frolicking in the fields, all the sudden decided to go cannibalistic Cujo on a chicken farm.

I think she put in the story about shooting her dog because she thought it made her seem strong and decisive, her editor read it, and was like what in the absolute hell is this, and made her add the chicken farm part or extremely embellish it.

In any event, it appears that this story has put her already slim chance at being the VP out of its misery.

NYPOST.COM

One ally of the presumptive Republican nominee said Trump's team was "bewildered" to hear of Noem's account in her tome "No Going Back: The Truth on What's Wrong with Politics and How We Move America...

22 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

Kristi Noem is a known liar. I do not for a single second believe her puppy, who was having the time of their life frolicking in the fields, all the sudden decided to go cannibalistic Cujo on a chicken farm.

I think she put in the story about shooting her dog because she thought it made her seem strong and decisive, her editor read it, and was like what in the absolute hell is this, and made her add the chicken farm part or extremely embellish it.

Apparently this was her spin version she put out to get out ahead of just killing the puppy in a fit of rage.

27 minutes ago, osxmatt said:

I'd still argue that, if true, the chicken farm part is 100% her fault.