Sony PS5 in Trouble?

JPDunks4

Saw this tweeted.  Take it for what you will, but I have seen rumors for months about Sony really struggling with heat issues on the PS5.  

Find it hard to believe personally.  And the stuff about not showing the console yet, and not showing games, doesn't really make sense.  In 2013 they didn't show a box til June.  I don't recall the February event they had, but did they show many games until E3 either?

Regardless, hope it's a bit overstated as I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have planned for the heat issues.

Yeah, I don't really buy it.  Especially with Jason Schrieder saying he's talked to devs before who all were hyping it up.  Daniel Rubino is a Windows Central Editor, and the only other person I saw tweet about it was Jez Corden, another Windows Central and Xbox fan. 

I just really don't see Sony having messed up as bad as this makes it sound.  Even if they had a slightly less powerful console, if its priced $100 cheaper, that's all they'd need.  Their 1st party teams make magic with their consoles, and that's all they really need.

I don't believe any of this.  

That being said it is entirely possible to screw up a console launch.  We have seen it happen a lot.  A lot of people assume that because PS has such a huge lead that they will lead in the future - but things don't always work out like that.  

Hopefully both launches go great and people have tons of great choices this Christmas.

No way this is a real issue, and i'm a huge Xbox X fan, though owning all that is out there. I don't care who wins, who is more faster, more Terraph'loppier, more anything. This is just Sony trash talk. I want there new box that is a PS5 to be bad ass. I honestly feel that as an older gamer, these 2 consoles will be my last main stream gaming consoles as I also always have a Gaming PC too. I'm excited to see the thing, but it's all horse shit, there ready to show it off in some Surprising unexpected way. Ready to take there lead and run with it. Microsoft's new X will also be a monster, can not wait!

I can buy the idea that Sony had overheating issues and even that they're figuring out the clock speeds. I don't buy that Sony is going to launch the console with those kinds of problems or that they're shocked at what MS was able to do or that they have to copy Microsoft's design. Much of that sounds like the normal issues you might encounter while developing a console, and there's nothing about the Series X design that makes it the only way to build something requiring a lot of cooling. Worst case scenario, you just make the thing really big and heavy. I really doubt it's drawing as much power as the launch PS3. Sony will be fine.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

Console Wars are so 1999.  But srs, this gen(ps4/x1) was basically like choosing between Pepsi and Coke. Sure, one may be technically better but it mostly comes down to taste and where yer friends be. 

Or in some cases people abandoned all their friends on 360 and went to PS4 anyway.

2 hours ago, Bacon said:

Console Wars are so 1999.  But srs, this gen(ps4/x1) was basically like choosing between Pepsi and Coke. Sure, one may be technically better but it mostly comes down to taste and where yer friends be. 

I remember when Pepsi used to do blind taste tests at our local waterpark. The taste between Coke and Pepsi is clearly noticeable so it wasn't hard to lie and say you liked "that" soda better and get some free swag lol.

Wait, what are we talking about?

I'm calling fud. The only truth to this is pre-release hardware can sometimes have heating issues but this is something that most devices suffer in the rush to get any form of hardware out to devs (even the freaking prototype Vita & DS units had heating issues for me). Yet the info posted looks to be concern trolling and fud.

This is the guy cited in the OP. Glad we could give him attention:

EUofE7UXsAEOMoO?format=png&name=900x900

Very interesting how many of these weird Xbox/MS fanboys are talking about "concerning" things like that guy from Windows Central about the other company and then saying they're just asking if it's true.

PlayfulWelltodoDiamondbackrattlesnake-sm

Nothing in that earlier rumor seemed far fetched to me. If this is true, I'm DEFINITELY waiting on a PS5 to see what the failure rate is... I went through 5 Xbox 360's and three PS3's due to console failures. My Xbones and PS4 have been solid this gen though from a hardware perspective. Any issues I've had with the current gen has been software related and has been stuff that I can fix myself.

Is the only reason Sony needs to get the PS5 out this year is so they can combat the sexBox? Maybe waiting another year is a blessing in disguise - get more games out for launch, get all the bugs worked out of the OS, and let sexBox sink or float on their own merits during the Covid shutdown?

15 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Is that guy in the video @Bataar posted a known Xbox fanboy? I'm not familiar with the channel.

I don't know who he is, but the guy in the video is relaying the same Twitter/Youtube comment rumor from the OP from the Xbox fanboy who set his profile to private and tweeted gems like this:

EUofE7UXsAEOMoO?format=png&name=900x900

The guy in the video says, "I'm sure I'm wrong," but titles the video, "The Playstation 5 is in serious trouble!" 

This "news" repeatedly comes from and is shared by Xbox fanboys, which is curious. They never stand by the Youtube comment rumor; they just say, "This is interesting and I'm just asking questions."

^ They just want something to talk about that allows them to put out more "content", and putting in in the form of a click bait title/video or an "interesting topic of discussion" that paints their  Microsoft's competitor in a negative light is just a plus.