~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

The difference between 2k and 1400 don't matter. Most people can't do the math to find the difference anyway

The point is money will be coming from diamond Joe so that will make people feel better if not actually materially help them

That said if this is the only thing we get from Dems, Chuck will be out of a job and the Senate and house are doomed

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

No, after the last four years I really want the Democrats to not immediately fucking blow it. 

I don't know what you were possibly anticipating from a Biden administration. Shit is looking good so far.

1 hour ago, Anathema- said:

Instead of wasting time getting a precise count of cow legs by counting each "motherfucking" leg individually, let's consider counting the number of cows we have multiplied by four instead. We'll gain much more from speed than we'll lose in accuracy. 

I got that part, it’s “egg sucking legs” part.

I think i have heard "go suck on an egg," before but never heard anything like that. But I also don't live rural WV. I live in a party College town that is like the second or third best place to live in the state so I don't associate with the majority of the state.

The 2ish trillion is a start. As I mentioned before, this economy probably needs 10 trillion in both individual and state/local aid to stave off some really catastrophic collapse over the course of 2021.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

The 2ish trillion is a start. As I mentioned before, this economy probably needs 10 trillion in both individual and state/local aid to stave off some really catastrophic collapse over the course of 2021.

This pandemic kicked out the incredibly fragile legs holding up our society. At a certain point, throwing endless trillions at the problem may end up making it even worse without serious, federal reform.

2 minutes ago, Uaarkson said:

This pandemic kicked out the incredibly fragile legs holding up our society. At a certain point, throwing endless trillions at the problem may end up making it even worse without serious, federal reform.

I don't think throwing money at what is currently primarily a money problem, regardless of why it is a money problem, would make it worse. I think those issues are largely independent of each other and would have to be addressed separately. But there certainly are aspects of our economic system in need of major reform...though I'm not sure people generally see it, and the political class don't realllly want it by and large.

This is how you know reconciliation is the right move. 

601a84c9ee136f00183a9f94?width=1200&form
WWW.BUSINESSINSIDER.COM

McConnell criticized the "partisan path" being taken by Democrats, though he embraced the same approach when he was in the majority.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2