~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Yeah...

There's going to be problems.

It's the one part of that angry ranting guy in a car thing that I really agreed with.

What the fuck is even the point of mortage moratoriums if you don't have a phase two plan to deal with the problem?

I guess there are some people that have a nice enough job so that they can bounce back from 3-6 piled up mortage payments if they go back to work or get hired somewhere else, but it is my understanding that most Americans can barely absorb an unexpected 500 dollar emergency.

That's why I didn't even consider putting my mortage on hold. Better to scrape by now then to be immediately swamped when Trump releases the hounds.

1 minute ago, Chairslinger said:

It's the one part of that angry ranting guy in a car thing that I really agreed with.

What the fuck is even the point of mortage moratoriums if you don't have a phase two plan to deal with the problem?

I guess there are some people that have a nice enough job so that they can bounce back from 3-6 piled up mortage payments if they go back to work or get hired somewhere else, but it is my understanding that most Americans can barely absorb an unexpected 500 dollar emergency.

That's why I didn't even consider putting my mortage on hold. Better to scrape by now then to be immediately swamped when Trump releases the hounds.

There are no mortgage moratoriums. That's the problem. There's a moratorium on foreclosures and evictions and that just means late payments get to come back and bite people in the ass. As I previously said, what now feels like five years ago, there's going to be a wave of people losing their homes as soon as the moratoriums are lifted. It was basically designed to do that.

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

There are no mortgage moratoriums. That's the problem. There's a moratorium on foreclosures and evictions and that just means late payments get to come back and bite people in the ass. As I previously said, what now feels like five years ago, there's going to be a wave of people losing their homes as soon as the moratoriums are lifted. It was basically designed to do that.

Yeah, my bad. I knew I was going to screw up the verbage on it.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

Yes but have you considered using your one time $1200 for three months of your mortgage all at once?!?!?? Pay your bills!!

18 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Let's see how much money comes in to federal coffers (which then keeps red states alive) from these rich states if they are allowed to collapse! GOP are so fucking stupid.

Just exempt the pensions from bailout money just so state and local employees aren't laid off. 

Then nationalize the pension system  and make it universal so there are so state funded lucky ducks.

June & July oil futures are not looking well today. :s

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/quote/CL=F?p=CL=F

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/quote/CLN20.NYM?p=CLN20.NYM&.tsrc=fin-srch

18 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Let's see how much money comes in to federal coffers (which then keeps red states alive) from these rich states if they are allowed to collapse! GOP are so fucking stupid.

I'm sure the GOP in the senate would pitch a fit if California, New York and Illinois threaten to directly collect and withhold their portions. 

42 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

The US is likely to eclipse 1 million cases and 56,000 deaths today.

22 minutes ago, chakoo said:

I'm sure the GOP in the senate would pitch a fit if California, New York and Illinois threaten to directly collect and withhold their portions. 

:feelsgood:

49 minutes ago, chakoo said:

Could they do that?  I'm sure that is somehow illegal or extralegal. 

23 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Could they do that?  I'm sure that is somehow illegal or extralegal. 

I haven't looked into it but probably very illegal but not doing illegal things hasn't stopped this administration. Also the thought comes from the fact Quebec in canada has this past year been pushing to change how taxes are processed in their province to collect all taxes directly in their province. 

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

You work at a lender? Seems like it’s a repeat of the first day last time where etran basically didn’t work for 36 hours.

Yup. It is pretty much the same fiasco as before. The large banks were able to submit in bulk while smaller banks weren't allowed to which is a joke.  We are having to submit one by one and the system is crashing constantly.

22 minutes ago, rc0101 said:

Yup. It is pretty much the same fiasco as before. The large banks were able to submit in bulk while smaller banks weren't allowed to which is a joke.  We are having to submit one by one and the system is crashing constantly.

So ridiculous. Hope it gets sorted out quickly for you guys!