~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

The SBA Website leaked Thousands of business owners personal information...

A bug in a federal government website exposed the personal information of thousands of small-business owners applying for economic injury disaster loans in March. A representative for the Small Business Administration confirmed the leak to Business Insider, saying that a total of 7,913 applicants' information could have been exposed. Businesses have applied for disaster loans in large numbers as they feel the economic fallout of the coronavirus pandemic. Small-business owners in all 50 states are eligible for $10,000 advances on the loans as part of the COVID-19 relief package enacted last month.

because why the fuck not?

2 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Military bases, and federal departments are included in these numbers, so Virginia obviously is going to receive a ton of federal dollars.

I was trolling for a response there, but I did not receive what I desired.

• Haha 1

Different perspective:

Democrats have now blocked two consecutive coronavirus rescue packages pushed by Republicans and withstood withering criticism to win concessions — and hundreds of billions of dollars — they said were vital, including in the bill that passed the Senate on Tuesday and is slated to clear the House on Thursday. At nearly $500 billion, the latest measure ended up being almost twice the size and much broader in scope than the original bill Senator Mitch McConnell, Republican of Kentucky and the majority leader, tried to ram through two weeks earlier without negotiations.

The same was true last month, when Democrats twice voted to block a sweeping economic stimulus package that contained jobless aid, direct payments to Americans and business bailouts while they held out for their priorities, including stricter oversight requirements over how the Trump administration would spend the vast amounts of money. That $2.2 trillion measure passed unanimously.

“It’s unfortunate that it took our Democratic colleagues 12 days to agree to a deal that contains essentially nothing that Republicans ever opposed,” Mr. McConnell said.

But the measure did contain multiple things that Mr. McConnell initially rejected as he sought approval of a bare-bones infusion of $250 billion into a small-business loan program that had quickly run dry of funds. Instead, that program got $320 billion in new funds, including $60 billion secured by Democrats to be funneled through smaller community lenders to reach businesses that can struggle to get loans from big banks.

Also included were $60 billion to replenish exhausted Small Business Administration disaster relief accounts, $75 billion for hospitals and $25 billion for Covid-19 testing, plus a mandate that the Trump administration establish a strategy to help states vastly step up the deployment of tests throughout the country — a move Republicans had opposed.

Just now, skillzdadirecta said:

Yeah that's peak Becky-ness right there.

Saw somebody refer to her as “Alpha Karen” and I inhaled my drink laughing so hard

On 4/22/2020 at 2:41 PM, sblfilms said:

Our PPP loan funded this afternoon. I asked the bank if they had anybody that could walk us through what we needed to do to meet the requirements for full loan forgiveness and he said the SBA still hasn’t issued their finalized guidance even though they’ve blown through 350 billion in loans.

These things aren’t going to be forgiven and come November a bunch of mom and pop shops are going to be on the hook for a monthly payment they didn’t think they would have. This is a disaster waiting to happen. Only hope is that they just decide to forgive them all regardless of whether they meet the constantly changing standard.

Our bank and accountant have given us pretty clear guidelines on what to track and set up a pretty clearly organized Spreadsheet for us to use week to week for the next 8 weeks.

75% of the funds should be spent on payroll, 25% used can be used towards rent, utilities, Interest on Loans.   

We are tracking it weekly to make sure we are within that 75% threshold of it spent on Payroll so it can be forgiven.

1 hour ago, JPDunks4 said:

Our bank and accountant have given us pretty clear guidelines on what to track and set up a pretty clearly organized Spreadsheet for us to use week to week for the next 8 weeks.

75% of the funds should be spent on payroll, 25% used can be used towards rent, utilities, Interest on Loans.   

We are tracking it weekly to make sure we are within that 75% threshold of it spent on Payroll so it can be forgiven.

My question to the bank was mostly for verification that they hadn’t received the final rules, I’m very familiar with what the SBA has put out :p 

The bank and accountant are making it up based on unfinished guidance from the SBA, guidance that has already changed. The banks are ultimately responsible for doing loan forgiveness so hopefully your bank just sticks to what they told you even if the SBA changes it up again, which seems likely :lol:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2020/04/15/ten-things-we-need-to-know-about-paycheck-protection-program-loan-forgiveness/#3d7782853291

Here is a great article that goes in deep on how there are a ton of things in what the SBA sent out that are terribly unclear.

I'll have to check next time I make a food run but for some reason gas in the Phoenix region has not dropped like a rock like almost every where else. Cheapest I have seen gas was 2.40 a gallon over a week ago. But if you go to costco I'm told it's like 1.80. So I have no idea what's going on the gas stations around here. Though we are under one of the softer stay at home orders and when I do go out I still see plenty of cars around so maybe demand hasn't cratered in AZ as much as everywhere else. 

White people have been coasting since the fall of the Roman Empire and then the renaissance in Italy...and both of those places weren't even considered "white" until recently! And in both cases, the places that "white" people lived were vassals or conquered states to the Romans. Yes, white Empires (British, German, American) have succeeded in pushing forward the sciences, but only through the brutal subjugation or exploitation of other people around the world.

I'm starting to think that white people were a mistake!

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

White people have been coasting since the fall of the Roman Empire and then the renaissance in Italy...and both of those places weren't even considered "white" until recently! And in both cases, the places that "white" people lived were vassals or conquered states to the Romans. Yes, white Empires (British, German, American) have succeeded in pushing forward the sciences, but only through the brutal subjugation or exploitation of other people around the world.

I'm starting to think that white people were a mistake!

I think the Spanish (not really"white") accomplished a lot during their rule. I don't know that I'd say the Romans or Greeks or Syrians or Ottomans or or ++ made accomplishments without breaking or exploiting others though. It is true white Americans seem to think it's been a long time that they've been in power and this is a forever thing. The USA assisted with WW2 and has been riding that through the last ~75 years, despite basically losing every encounter since.