~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

Trump was not just "asking questions" he's the dumbest person alive who doesn't realize how fucking stupid he is. He thinks this is a miracle cure, and his allies are going to bat for him here to curry favor, and have no scruples doing so because there is no justice in this country so they won't have any repercussions for their actions.

10 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Probably less because this is America.

I don't know honestly, just passing the tweet along

I know that's what the tweet wants us to infer, but how do we know?

If this was a Logical Reasoning question on the LSAT, it would be one of those easy logical fallacy ones in the very beginning.

1 minute ago, Jose said:

I know that's what the tweet wants us to infer, but how do we know?

If this a Logical Reasoning question on the LSAT, it would be one of those easy logical fallacy ones in the very beginning.

Blame MSNBC for not elaborating in their production!

Showtime Bodega Boys GIF by Desus & Mero

3 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Trump was not just "asking questions" he's the dumbest person alive who doesn't realize how fucking stupid he is. He thinks this is a miracle cure, and his allies are going to bat for him here to curry favor, and have no scruples doing so because there is no justice in this country so they won't have any repercussions for their actions.

Worth remembering he is a vaccine "truther" whatever the fuck that means.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

FEC?

Family Entertainment Center; arcades, bowling, laser tag, crappy food, bars for parents to get drunk at, etc.

2 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Who fucking cares?!?

I think the issue is that video is an example of how a President should be speaking to the American people about this. Donald has been and is so terrible, we cannot imagine such a message being crafted and conveyed by him to the American people. 

10 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Warren Buffett sells entire stake in airline companies

I'm not someone who thinks Buffett is an investing Messiah...but this certainly won't help to inspire confidence in their recovery.

My thinking is airlines people actually liked before coronavirus are decent investments because the customers will want to go back when they can. In the US I figure that means Southwest, Alaska, Delta, and maybe JetBlue, in that order. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

This is rehabbing gwbs image, and is what I am talking about when I say there is no justice in this country

Imagine the future awful presidents that are going to allow the press to rehab Trump's image.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

My thinking is airlines people actually liked before coronavirus are decent investments because the customers will want to go back when they can. In the US I figure that means Southwest, Alaska, Delta, and maybe JetBlue, in that order. 

I don't know... I think air travel will be down dramatically for awhile and I think tourism to the States will take a  HUGE hit. I REALLY need to fly back to LA for a bit but I've been putting it off... videos like THIS don't help

50 minutes ago, Jason said:

Unless we keep electing sundowners I don't see how that happens.

You're REALLY underestimating the press's ability to canonize the dead. Combine that with a future smart version of Trump's xenophobic fearmongering and we'll see stories taking about how much we should really miss Trump.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

You're REALLY underestimating the press's ability to canonize the dead. Combine that with a future smart version of Trump's xenophobic fearmongering and we'll see stories taking about how much we should really miss Trump.

2-weeks into the next Dem President’s run we’ll see memes with Trump that state “miss me yet?” :/ 

• Guillotine 1

The NRA is cutting staff and Salaries due to The 'Rona

The National Rifle Association has laid off dozens of employees, canceled its national convention and scuttled fundraising, membership and shooting events that normally would be key to rallying its base in an election year. The coronavirus pandemic has upended the gun-rights organization during what should be heady times for the group, in the middle of presidential election and with gun owners riled up over what they see as an effort by authorities to trample on their Second Amendment rights.

The NRA, which boasts about 5 million members, in recent weeks laid off or furloughed dozens of employees, imposed a four-day workweek for some employees and cut salaries across the board, including for CEO Wayne LaPierre. The financial issues, combined with the cancellation of fundraisers and the national convention, which would have surely drawn a visit from President Donald Trump, have complicated its ability to influence the 2020 election.

In a memo to staff, LaPierre said 20% salary cuts were across the board while some senior staffers “voluntarily” reduced their wages even more. He said the staffing reductions and other changes were intended to be temporary. “The cancellation of the annual meeting had a significant financial impact but, beyond that, the health crisis has caused us to postpone countless fundraising and membership events along with competitions, training seminars and other revenue streams — those disruptions are the primary drivers of our decision-making process,” said Andrew Arulanandam, spokesman for the NRA. “Like every other business and nonprofit, we are forced to make tough choices in this new economic environment.”

I just had a phone call with Kevin Hart’s agent about Hart shooting a Netflix special at our drive in. What an absolutely strange year 2020 is.

10 hours ago, sblfilms said:

I just had a phone call with Kevin Hart’s agent about Hart shooting a Netflix special at our drive in. What an absolutely strange year 2020 is.

I will consult with you on this for a 20% cut.