~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

10 minutes ago, SlipperySlope said:

I think the Spanish (not really"white") accomplished a lot during their rule. I don't know that I'd say the Romans or Greeks or Syrians or Ottomans or or ++ made accomplishments without breaking or exploiting others though. It is true white Americans seem to think it's been a long time that they've been in power and this is a forever thing. The USA assisted with WW2 and has been riding that through the last ~75 years, despite basically losing every encounter since. 

While it turns out that the US has sucked at winning wars for the last 75 years, it has been good at preventing wars through force projection and soft power. The latter is obviously now waning, but culturally America has managed to keep itself on top for a long time.

Trump says he will block coronavirus aid for U.S. Postal Service if it doesn’t hike prices immediately

The president said the postal agency should quadruple its package delivery prices and said he will stop congressionally approved funding

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/04/24/trump-postal-service-loan-treasury/

Withholding Congressionally approved funding is literally what finally got him impeached.

• Guillotine 3

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Trump says he will block coronavirus aid for U.S. Postal Service if it doesn’t hike prices immediately

The president said the postal agency should quadruple its package delivery prices and said he will stop congressionally approved funding

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/04/24/trump-postal-service-loan-treasury/

Can't vote-by-mail if there is no mail.

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Republicans keep trying to kill the USPS

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

White people have been coasting since the fall of the Roman Empire and then the renaissance in Italy...and both of those places weren't even considered "white" until recently! And in both cases, the places that "white" people lived were vassals or conquered states to the Romans. Yes, white Empires (British, German, American) have succeeded in pushing forward the sciences, but only through the brutal subjugation or exploitation of other people around the world.

I'm starting to think that white people were a mistake!

I don’t know, man... fried oreos are pretty good

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

Withholding Congressionally approved funding is literally what finally got him impeached.

Don’t worry, Susan will find this deeply troubling but will feel confident that trump learned his lesson.:batting:

4 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

To be fair, Amazon can get fucked

Except it won't actually fuck over Amazon since they already use UPS and their own shipping so much anyhow. It'll REALLY fuck over other e-commerce companies that rely on USPS, though.

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Except it won't actually fuck over Amazon since they already use UPS and their own shipping so much anyhow. It'll REALLY fuck over other e-commerce companies that rely on USPS, though.

Doesn't take away from the fact that Amazon should be fucked though :p

1 hour ago, SlipperySlope said:

I think the Spanish (not really"white") accomplished a lot during their rule. I don't know that I'd say the Romans or Greeks or Syrians or Ottomans or or ++ made accomplishments without breaking or exploiting others though. It is true white Americans seem to think it's been a long time that they've been in power and this is a forever thing. The USA assisted with WW2 and has been riding that through the last ~75 years, despite basically losing every encounter since. 

Why do you fuckers only count the Europeans with terrible taste in food as white?

I wish people knew more about the actual logistics of USPS, and not just ‘they claimed they couldn’t deliver my package’ or ‘I waited a long time for stamps’. What they do behind-the-scenes is absurdly impressive, and goes far beyond what their retail-level operations would have you think.