~* Make America Great Depression Again -- Official Thread of Corona Virus infected markets *~

Jason

It's only $1.60 so it's just annoying and not actually a huge deal, but I only bought a couple of shares of it when it tanked and since the 8:1 reverse split leaves me with less than a share I'm being forced into taking cash in lieu. I knew it was never going to be a huge gain but it's still annoying to be forced into taking a loss so quickly after buying it.

12 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I've already gained weight during these last couple weeks, mainly due to staying at home and having no gym, and being so bored that I eat more.

This sucks.

NJ larks are opening this weekend so I will go for a hike when weather and work permits. I was fat prior to the lockdown and started going to the park and gym but ya that died. In fairness I thought the parks were closed earlier then they actually were.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/the-billionaires-whose-wealth-grew-despite-covid-19-2020-5-1029154677

US billionaires increased their collective wealth by $282 billion in just 23 days during the initial weeks of the coronavirus lockdown, a report from the Institute for Policy Studies claims. The Billionaire Bonanza report says that between March 18 and April 10 2020, billionaire wealth in the US increased 9.5%. During that same period, the report noted, 22 million Americans filed for unemployment.

:guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine::guillotine:

18 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/the-billionaires-whose-wealth-grew-despite-covid-19-2020-5-1029154677

US billionaires increased their collective wealth by $282 billion in just 23 days during the initial weeks of the coronavirus lockdown, a report from the Institute for Policy Studies claims. The Billionaire Bonanza report says that between March 18 and April 10 2020, billionaire wealth in the US increased 9.5%. During that same period, the report noted, 22 million Americans filed for unemployment.

Good for them, they deserve it for all the jobs they've created.

• Haha 1

Tesla stock plunges after Musk tweets "Tesla stock is too high imo."

lol wat

Whoops:

Tesla‘s stock price crashed Friday morning after the company’s maverick billionaire founder Elon Musk tweeted that he believed its price was too high. Tesla stock opened at $755 on Friday morning, and by 11:20 ET had crashed by more than 8%. Musk tweeted his thoughts on $TSLA‘s value just nine minutes earlier. The electric vehicle maker surprised Wall Street on Thursday by posting a first-quarter profit despite the wider economic slowdown brought on by the coronavirus pandemic.

The tweet might be surprising to those who remember the details of Musk‘s settlement with the SEC over alleged securities fraud. Aside from having to step down as company chairman, it requires someone review any Musk tweet that might affect the value of Tesla stock.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, mclumber1 said:

Maybe Musk is trying to literally get fired from Tesla and forced to sell his shares?  That would be a huge payout and would give his other companies, mainly SpaceX a huge boost of private capital. 

He also posted the star spangled banner and a comment that his gf is mad at him this morning. Someone give him a peon to yell at, Elon is bored!

4 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

In our lifetime, Republicans will be chastising us for engaging in class warfare when we lament the minting of the U.S's first trillionaire.

Had the drive in open tonight for the first time in 40 days. We only had movies playing, no concession. It was actually really nice and low stress. We started doing online ticketing for the first time in the history of our drive in and it was great. It was also 70 degrees and breezy, so a pitch perfect night all around. Was good for my soul.

And people actually followed the rules and stayed in their cars. I was shocked!

4 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I know someone with a small business (cheese shop) and it went smoothly for them as well, which is a very good because I love cheese.

70% of applicants did not recieve benefits in March.

In Florida, only 8% did.

This is what happens when you take an already anemic social safety net designed to stop people from claiming benefits, and then throw something at it that would strain even a good system.

Yet, I have little hope this will make a dent in the perception of most Americans that collecting SNAP or unemployment is somehow immoral or wrong. They would rather bitch about someone on welfare buying steak than billionaires war profiteering billions of dollars in the middle of a pandemic.

• Thanks 1

We’ve sold $22,000 in tickets for the drive in this weekend for two movies you can watch at home. Should end up over $30k by the end of Sunday night. This is with us artificially capping capacity. Could have been $50k.

Another theater my film buyer works has a 12 screen indoor that reopened yesterday and are on pace to do $2500 for the weekend.

People want to get out and do safe things.

4 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

We’ve sold $22,000 in tickets for the drive in this weekend for two movies you can watch at home. Should end up over $30k by the end of Sunday night. This is with us artificially capping capacity. Could have been $50k.

Another theater my film buyer works has a 12 screen indoor that reopened yesterday and are on pace to do $2500 for the weekend.

An indoor theater doesn't really seem safe right now though?

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

An indoor theater doesn't really seem safe right now though?

Exactly. $2500 is nothing for a 12 screen indoor, people don’t want to go for safety reasons. But we are turning away gobs of people from the drive in.

Just now, sblfilms said:

Exactly. $2500 is nothing for a 12 screen indoor, people don’t want to go for safety reasons. But we are turning away gobs of people from the drive in.

Oh, yeah, I think I kind of glossed over $2500 being nothing. :p

31 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

If there’s hope of a faster-than-usual recovery, it’s in pent-up demand like this.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Oh, yeah, I think I kind of glossed over $2500 being nothing. :p

Yeah, $2500 is about what I need to clear weekly JUST to pay rent on our four screen. I’m sure 12 screen dude is paying $40,000/month in rent/mortgage on his building which is also a small FEC like Main Event or Dave and Busters.