~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

In actuality, him tweeting post-presidency would well and truly suck. he'd still act like he was president and he'd whip up the fascists more easily. (And I'm still waiting on the next group of fascists to do some political violence, because it's coming.)

So I got vaccinated today through Kaiser... I saw that there was an e-Visit/questionnaire to check eligibility last Friday night, I put down that I was in education then it asked for a code provided by my employer. I selected the option that I didn't have one. The next morning, I got an email saying I can schedule my covid shot. Today was the earliest appointment available. I went in nervous but took my old work badge just in case for "proof." No questions AT ALL and I proceeded to get my shot (Pfizer). I kind of feel bad about it but at the same time I don't care as I'd rather not keep risking getting sick and dying. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Joestradamus said:

So I got vaccinated today through Kaiser... I saw that there was an e-Visit/questionnaire to check eligibility last Friday night, I put down that I was in education then it asked for a code provided by my employer. I selected the option that I didn't have one. The next morning, I got an email saying I can schedule my covid shot. Today was the earliest appointment available. I went in nervous but took my old work badge just in case for "proof." No questions AT ALL and I proceeded to get my shot (Pfizer). I kind of feel bad about it but at the same time I don't care as I'd rather not keep risking getting sick and dying. 

Hmmm might try this. I have my old substitute teacher ID in case they ask.

• Guillotine 1

4 hours ago, Joestradamus said:

No.  Fuck it. Do not feel bad. We all need it 

6151.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Health agency suspends use of Covid jab but says no conclusive link has been established

Six other European countries, including Estonia, Latvia, Luxembourg and Lithuania, have reportedly halted the use of a batch from AstraZeneca, whose vaccine has been approved for use in adults by the UK’s national medicines regulator MHRA and the European Medicines Agency (EMA).

The EMA said this week there was no evidence so far linking AstraZeneca to the two Austrian cases, adding that the number of people reporting blood clots who havd received the shot was no higher than in the general population, with 22 cases reported among the 3 million people who had received it as 9 March.

3 hours ago, Anathema- said:

No.  Fuck it. Do not feel bad. We all need it 

Don't be a line jumper, it's wrong. Yes we all need it, but there's people who need it more than you right now (likely, I don't know your particular situation). If you can work from home, if your young and healthy, are in a situation where you can limit your risk, then do the right thing and wait your turn. It's been 12 months, we'll all have it in another month or two.

N5G2TKDWAYI6XFEJR562ZVI6OU.jpg&w=1440
WWW.WASHINGTONPOST.COM

Vaccines and previous infections are combining to raise the level of population immunity.

NYT linked to this in their morning briefing email as they talked about herd immunity not being a light switch as much as a light dimmer. I think that is a helpful way to think about how policy can change incrementally over time because the risk of activities changes dramatically when 0% of the population has been infected/vaccinated vs even 35-40% and the infection math changes really quickly even as the percentage changes at a relatively steady pace. 

12 minutes ago, Gavin King said:

Don't be a line jumper, it's wrong. Yes we all need it, but there's people who need it more than you right now (likely, I don't know your particular situation). If you can work from home, if your young and healthy, are in a situation where you can limit your risk, then do the right thing and wait your turn. It's been 12 months, we'll all have it in another month or two.

There is nobody who legitimately needs it more than any rando here that isn’t getting theirs because of this guy. The real high risk groups are getting priority which is why a majority of the olds are already vaccinated. Don’t be surprised to see a lot of states drop all restrictions in the next few weeks as the number of available doses and appointments will eclipse the number of people wanting to get a shot on any particular day soon as the current priority groups wind down.

If you can get an appointment, do it and don’t look back.

1 hour ago, sblfilms said:

There is nobody who legitimately needs it more than any rando here that isn’t getting theirs because of this guy. The real high risk groups are getting priority which is why a majority of the olds are already vaccinated. Don’t be surprised to see a lot of states drop all restrictions in the next few weeks as the number of available doses and appointments will eclipse the number of people wanting to get a shot on any particular day soon as the current priority groups wind down.

If you can get an appointment, do it and don’t look back.

Yup.  I was super surprised when my group (Essential services, communications) in Nevada was authorized on March 2nd.  Before that, I figured my group would have to wait until at least April to be eligible. 

We are already having appointments go unfilled every day in the US. We need MORE people trying to get in line, not less, and this will only become a larger problem the longer states go without opening up new groups.

covid-que-20210310.jpg
WWW.CBC.CA

Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin said today that vaccine supplies have stabilized and the "ramp up" phase of the inoculation campaign is in full swing, with some 36.4 million shots expected to arrive before the end of June.

Just a few million shy of the canadian population. 

:feelsrona:

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, chakoo said:
covid-que-20210310.jpg
WWW.CBC.CA

Maj.-Gen. Dany Fortin said today that vaccine supplies have stabilized and the "ramp up" phase of the inoculation campaign is in full swing, with some 36.4 million shots expected to arrive before the end of June.

Just a few million shy of the canadian population. 

:feelsrona:

Yeah Pfizer especially has really ramped up shipments for this month and next. The AZ and J&J shipments are icing on the cake.

cp-justin-trudeau-1.jpg
WWW.CJME.COM

OTTAWA - Prime Minister Justin Trudeau rose in the House of Commons Thursday, one year after COVID-19 was decl...

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau rose in the House of Commons Thursday, one year after COVID-19 was declared a global pandemic, and said March 11, 2020 will always be marked by a before and an after.

“For families and close ones, each death has a before and an after,” Trudeau said.

“Since the great wars of the 20th century, there is a sentence we often evoke, and it’s a sentence that we can bring back for those that we lost this year during the pandemic: We will remember them.”

The prime minister briefly touched on the multiple tragedies in long-term care centres, where seniors across the country died in the thousands from the disease, often in circumstances of labour shortages and immense personal hardship.

“For every senior in Canada, we must do better, and I know that we will,” he said.

Got my first dose. 

The place I went was very organized. No wait. In and out pretty quickly. I spent more time waiting to ensure I did not have any adverse reactions to the shot than it took getting it after waking in. I’m also scheduled for my second dose. 

...and my boss told me to fuck off and go home. So it’s also just a half day of work. Not bad. 

• Like 2

The Novavax final data in the UK matches the interim data almost exactly. UK approval all but guaranteed in the coming weeks. Huge news for Europe and Canada!

38ed9e0ce1d8f293cb07ad07e4cae537
UK.SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Novavax Inc's COVID-19 vaccine was 96% effective in preventing cases caused by the original version of the coronavirus in a late-stage trial conducted in the United Kingdom, the company said on Thursday, moving it a step closer to regulatory approval. The vaccine was also about 86% effective in protecting against the more contagious virus variant first discovered and now prevalent in the UK. In both trials...

• Like 1