~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

I am unsurprised by this and even mentioned this back when the efficacy numbers on J&J first dropped. There will be people who get all choosy about which one they get. Didn’t a big city mayor recently reject thousands of J&J vaccines because he “wants the best” for the residents of his city? So stupid. All these vaccines are way above efficacy for the average vaccine. Just get the shot.

I would rather have got the one hitter J&J

instead of having to make two appointments!

9 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I am unsurprised by this and even mentioned this back when the efficacy numbers on J&J first dropped. There will be people who get all choosy about which one they get. Didn’t a big city mayor recently reject thousands of J&J vaccines because he “wants the best” for the residents of his city? So stupid. All these vaccines are way above efficacy for the average vaccine. Just get the shot.

I would rather have got the one hitter J&J

instead of having to make two appointments!

I think they said it was due to already having enough supply to meet their ability to distribute to citizens.

106846734-16143812292021-02-26t230116z_6
WWW.CNBC.COM

Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan said the city had enough supply of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines to cover demand from eligible residents.

“The only reason we chose to not accept the first shipment of Johnson & Johnson was that we had enough capacity with Moderna and Pfizer to handle the 29,000 first and second dose appointments scheduled for the coming week, which already put us very close to our capacity at our current locations,” Duggan said in a statement Friday.

3 minutes ago, Ominous said:

I think they said it was due to already having enough supply to meet their ability to distribute to citizens.

106846734-16143812292021-02-26t230116z_6
WWW.CNBC.COM

Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan said the city had enough supply of Pfizer and Moderna vaccines to cover demand from eligible residents.

“The only reason we chose to not accept the first shipment of Johnson & Johnson was that we had enough capacity with Moderna and Pfizer to handle the 29,000 first and second dose appointments scheduled for the coming week, which already put us very close to our capacity at our current locations,” Duggan said in a statement Friday.

Sounds like backtracking.

“Johnson & Johnson is a very good vaccine. Moderna and Pfizer are the best. And I am going to do everything I can to make sure that residents of the city of Detroit get the best,” Duggan said at a press briefing Thursday.

My partner’s parents (big Fox News folks) recently told her they do not plan to get the vaccine. I’m not too concerned because I’m sure their employers will very quickly require it, but still, the fact this bullshit is manifesting is truly harmful. 

10 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Pretty lame. I got a Jury Duty summons.

3 hours ago, CayceG said:

I did too! For FEDERAL court. 

But so far, I'm on week 2 of being approved, but not assigned a case. Fingers crossed for you that you won't either. 

I'm jealous of you guys. I always wanted jury duty but have never received a summons.

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I'm jealous of you guys. I always wanted jury duty but have never received a summons.

Jesus. I got my first summons within days of turning 18. I haven't gone in a little over 3 years, for the most part I've gotten summoned basically 2 years on the day. So that means I've been 5 or 6 times, I don't remember how many. One time I served on a trial that took like 2 weeks. I didn't have a job at the time, so I didn't mind. It was something to do. The last time I got summoned, I got sent to a small courthouse that was only hearing 1 case that day, so they basically sent everyone home after like an hour (I come packed for jury duty. Handheld console, book, snacks, portable charger, the works)

I've never believed in trying to duck out of jury duty. One of my college professors put it to me like this: "If anyone ever wrongfully accused you of something, who do you want on your jury? Just the idiots who didn't know how to get out of it?"

One time I did ask for a deferment because I got summoned less than 2 weeks after starting a new job, so they delayed it by 6 months I think. But I got that summon again EXACTLY six months later.

3 hours ago, osxmatt said:
106814221-1615233279633-106814221-160855
WWW.CNBC.COM

An overwhelming majority of people who have been hospitalized, needed a ventilator or died from Covid-19 have been overweight or obese, the CDC said.

Is there any differentiation between fat and muscle? I lift weights have a BMI of 27.5 but a body fat around 13%. Is it the fat that is increasing risk or just total mass?

1 minute ago, Air_Delivery said:

Is there any differentiation between fat and muscle? I lift weights have a BMI of 27.5 but a body fat around 13%. Is it the fat that is increasing risk or just total mass?

I'm sure it's just fat, and that's why BMI is not a good be-all and end-all measure for overall health because it doesn't take into amount muscle mass. 

28 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

But also one of the best records of kicking out/killing their own governments! So, both good and bad!

They would have been rioting less than a week into Trump's presidency, so there's that.

One year into the pandemic the state contractor that manages Home and Community Based long term care for Medicaid just sent me a box of PPE; a couple hundred masks (surgical, KN-95, cloth, scarf), gallons of hand sanitizer, gloves, thermometer gun, alcohol wipes. and tote bag. A year into the pandemic. 

2 hours ago, Air_Delivery said:

I asked my doctor the same question. He said if you are lifting without strengthen your heart and lungs you are in the same boat as someone who is obese. Even if you do a fair amount of cardio you have to remember your heart and lungs dont know the difference between 30 pounds of muscle or 30 pounds of fat, they have to work over time for that extra weight.