~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Dave Weigel pointed out on Twitter a day or two ago that by this time in 2009, the earliest stages of the Tea Party were already forming. It really seems like comparatively, the right has absolutely nothing going right now. Maybe it's just that they don't have a black guy to villainize this time, I dunno

4 minutes ago, Ricofoley said:

Dave Weigel pointed out on Twitter a day or two ago that by this time in 2009, the earliest stages of the Tea Party were already forming. It really seems like comparatively, the right has absolutely nothing going right now. Maybe it's just that they don't have a black guy to villainize this time, I dunno

They're seriously still running with the "Biden's in his basement" angle? :lol:

Hmm AuraVax has been working on an intranasal covid vaccine (nasal spray) that is essentially meant to act as a booster for injectables and against potential variants. Could be interesting if this thing keeps mutating; just go to a pharmacy, get your “vaccine spray”, self administer and be on your way.

9 hours ago, Jason said:

lol just send them to countries that have approved it we don't even need them any more

9 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Ship them out

9 hours ago, Jason said:

Canada has approved it right? Tens of millions of doses is the entire fucking country. Send it to them as a mea culpa for the Trump years.

Yep. Right now we need to get our supply from European and Indian factories. Also, remember when Canada ordered face masks from 3M and Trump tried to steal them? This could be payback.

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Hmm AuraVax has been working on an intranasal covid vaccine (nasal spray) that is essentially meant to act as a booster for injectables and against potential variants. Could be interesting if this thing keeps mutating; just go to a pharmacy, get your “vaccine spray”, self administer and be on your way.

This is how the zombie plague will start. 

7 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I wonder if/when other states will follow suit

Biden will probably have to send the military into LA County to do the wide open 16+ vaccinations. The LA County executive had to issue an executive order to force the county health department to do 65+ when the state allowed that, the health department was insisting we couldn't move on from 1a until we'd finished doing each and every last healthcare worker. 

11 minutes ago, marioandsonic said:

I wonder if/when other states will follow suit

More and more states will move to completely open it up in April. The writing has been on the wall for the last 10 days or so.

I don't mind it being opened up to all, but I do wish the system was different, at least in NJ. If you are an elderly person trying to get the vaccine right now, you either have to know someone that is semi-competent with a computer or be one of the very select few that are actually called by the system. 

5 minutes ago, Joe said:

I don't mind it being opened up to all, but I do wish the system was different, at least in NJ. If you are an elderly person trying to get the vaccine right now, you either have to know someone that is semi-competent with a computer or be one of the very select few that are actually called by the system. 

That's how my paternal grandmother got hers.  She was very lucky to get her appointment, since she doesn’t have a smart device or computer.

47 minutes ago, Joe said:

This is only a problem because the online portal lets them better vet people trying to get the vaccine. It's literally only as problem because we have to means test everything in this country. In my local city, there's a mass vaccination site with an online portal AND an elderly care center that's vaccinating anyone that's willing to call and just make an appointment over the phone. You'd think that they'd be booked for the year already, but nope. My wife had an appointment to get vaccinated at the end of the month at the bar vaccination site. She called up the senior center on Tuesday, told them she was an in person teacher and got her first shot of Pfizer yesterday. When she got there, she was mostly in line with the elderly and some homeless folks.

Every city should have similar places set up for folks without Internet access.