~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

Probably one of the saddest stories I caught yesterday on the news. There is a chance the mom could end up dying without seeing her baby over community transmission of covid. -.- (fyi this is in canada)

covid-fraser-bc-stewart-251120.jpg
WWW.CBC.CA

A newborn goes home from the hospital while his mother fights for her life in a coma after getting COVID-19 somewhere in the community. Gillian McIntosh lives in British Columbia’s Fraser Valley, which has become the province’s COVID-19 hotspot.

• Sad 3

I'm going to my dad's today. I'm fine with it, we live about a 5 minute drive from each other, it's just going to be me, my dad, and his girlfriend. Maybe my brother will be there for a little bit.

However, I also learned that next week, my dad's girlfriend is basically bringing her whole family over. She has 3 kids who are all married and 5 grandkids. Most of them are traveling from California.

I just... *sigh*

SHE WORKS AT A CANCER CLINIC

5 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I'm going to my dad's today. I'm fine with it, we live about a 5 minute drive from each other, it's just going to be me, my dad, and his girlfriend. Maybe my brother will be there for a little bit.

However, I also learned that next week, my dad's girlfriend is basically bringing her whole family over. She has 3 kids who are all married and 5 grandkids. Most of them are traveling from California.

I just... *sigh*

SHE WORKS AT A CANCER CLINIC

Emily Carey Eating GIF by Luis Ricardo

• Guillotine 1

I'm so sick of the conspiracy theories I keep seeing. I think I've mentioned before how this girl I know keeps posting on her Instagram things like how "it kills less people than the flu", "this is dystopian, and trying to take away your rights", "look at this study from Denmark that proved masks are useless", "here's this doctor telling the truth that it's all a big scam", "this is all so they can wipe out small businesses", etc., etc., and I'm just so sick and tired of it. I probably should just unfollow her since it's not like we were close or anything anyway, but I have this morbid curiosity about what she's going to say next. The really sad thing though is that she's a singer, and has over 11.5 thousand followers, so all this shit she's spewing is going out to a lot of people that are going to believe it. I wish I knew the counter arguments to some of the things she's saying, and it bugs me that I don't, but even if I did and called her out on it she would just ignore and block me anyway. This is the same girl that thinks 5G is harmful, there's huge voter fraud, QAnon has a point, and had an interview with some crazy woman who thinks nightmares are signs of demons trying to influence you while they bonded over this shit, and conspiracy Internet movies like "Fall of the Cabal", and "The Great Reset", or whatever they're called, and people need to "wake up", so yeah wouldn't do much good since rational thought clearly isn't her strong suit, the gullible dumbass. 

I'm just so sick and tired of it all. Fucking even my sister today said, "we're turning into a communist country". It's all taking a mental toll on me. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Brick said:

I'm so sick of the conspiracy theories I keep seeing. I think I've mentioned before how this girl I know keeps posting on her Instagram things like how "it kills less people than the flu", "this is dystopian, and trying to take away your rights", "look at this study from Denmark that proved masks are useless", "here's this doctor telling the truth that it's all a big scam", "this is all so they can wipe out small businesses", etc., etc., and I'm just so sick and tired of it. I probably should just unfollow her since it's not like we were close or anything anyway, but I have this morbid curiosity about what she's going to say next. The really sad thing though is that she's a singer, and has over 11.5 thousand followers, so all this shit she's spewing is going out to a lot of people that are going to believe it. I wish I knew the counter arguments to some of the things she's saying, and it bugs me that I don't, but even if I did and called her out on it she would just ignore and block me anyway. This is the same girl that thinks 5G is harmful, there's huge voter fraud, QAnon has a point, and had an interview with some crazy woman who thinks nightmares are signs of demons trying to influence you while they bonded over this shit, and conspiracy Internet movies like "Fall of the Cabal", and "The Great Reset", or whatever they're called, and people need to "wake up", so yeah wouldn't do much good since rational thought clearly isn't her strong suit, the gullible dumbass. 

I'm just so sick and tired of it all. Fucking even my sister today said, "we're turning into a communist country". It's all taking a mental toll on me. 

My man, you gotta smash that unfollow button. 

That's not good for you. 

15 hours ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

merlin_180213399_bccc9a12-821f-448b-bb02
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Some trial participants only got a partial dose of AstraZeneca’s vaccine. Experts said the company’s spotty disclosures have eroded confidence.

They really need to re-do the Phase 3 trial.

Hey - how about that?

4252.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Share price drops as critics question claim vaccine could protect up to 90% of people

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, GeneticBlueprint said:

I have a friend whose father died of COVID a month ago. Just scrolling through FB and he and his family were at some huge gathering with at least 50 people. Fucked indeed.

The only thing feasting yesterday was coronavirus.

I stayed home alone yesterday and ate turkey burgers.

BEST THANKSGIVING EVER!

Also:

On 11/26/2020 at 10:23 AM, CitizenVectron said:
XND2TKM2NFB3XLXJE6UNXVJIT4.jpg
WWW.TAMPABAY.COM

Grocery stores need to be treated the way bars and restaurants have been treated. It’s almost criminal how much shit big grocery store chains have gotten away with.