~*Official #COVID-19 Thread of Doom*~ Revenge of Omicron Prime

5 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Does anyone remember when Herman Cain died? No one seems to care that one of Trump's cabinet members died from COVID-19 has a result of the administration he served with failing miserably to control the pandemic. Trump didn't get nearly enough flack on this.

He was not an administration official. Iirc he was floated to be nominated for the Fed though

6 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Does anyone remember when Herman Cain died? No one seems to care that one of Trump's cabinet members died from COVID-19 has a result of the administration he served with failing miserably to control the pandemic. Trump didn't get nearly enough flack on this.

Herman Cain was not a Cabinet member, I think you’re mixing him up with Ben Carson lol

9 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Do all old black people look the same to you, sir?!?!

10 minutes ago, Massdriver said:

Did Marco Rubio write this?

• Haha 10

4 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

He was not an administration official. Iirc he was floated to be nominated for the Fed though

4 hours ago, Chris- said:

Herman Cain was not a Cabinet member, I think you’re mixing him up with Ben Carson lol

4 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Do all old black people look the same to you, sir?!?!

I had this same conversation in a WhatsApp chat with my friends. When the news broke:

hSu1dUQ.jpg

eudEFT8.jpg

FYI Andrew considers himself to be the most woke of all of us (10 in this chat).

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Korea is back over 100 cases. Most of the cases are tied to churches. Shut that shit down.

Just anecdotally, it feels like people are easing up. I see more and more people hanging out without masks. It's driving me nuts.

When you smuggle me in I want my name legally changed to Dong Dong-Dong.

13 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Korea is back over 100 cases. Most of the cases are tied to churches. Shut that shit down.

Just anecdotally, it feels like people are easing up. I see more and more people hanging out without masks. It's driving me nuts.

Highest number of cases in 4 months. One of the biggest spreaders is a super conservative church. America doesn't have a monopoly on asshole Christians.

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Very good news! (long-term t-cell response)

Also, Canada-US border closure has been extended until Sept 21. Realistically I am guessing it will re-open in June 2021.

I’m in Michigan picking up some projection equipment and need to drive to NY near Niagara to pick up another projector, would save like three hours driving through Canada, but alas.

5 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

I’m in Michigan picking up some projection equipment and need to drive to NY near Niagara to pick up another projector, would save like three hours driving through Canada, but alas.

I just thought of something, apart from the pile of used digital projectors that are now out there that were owned, are these companies that put digital projectors in cinemas with those VPF agreements going to want their equipment back?

33 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I just thought of something, apart from the pile of used digital projectors that are now out there that were owned, are these companies that put digital projectors in cinemas with those VPF agreements going to want their equipment back?

I'll take one to use in my living room. May go blind...but probably worth it.

12 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

I'll take one to use in my living room. May go blind...but probably worth it.

I can point you to 20 Christie Solarias in the Dayton area from the remains of a regional chain that went belly up.  They don't even require an exhaust to the outside, you'll probably have to rewire your house and in the winter it'll double as a heater.

47 minutes ago, finaljedi said:

I think all the VPF programs expired by 2018, so the equipment is all outright owned. And damn near worthless. If I didn’t need something this month for my new drive in, I would bet by October people will be giving away a lot of it just because they need to vacate the premises of their leased theater building.

1 minute ago, sblfilms said:

I think all the VPF programs expired by 2018, so the equipment is all outright owned. And damn near worthless. If I didn’t need something this month for my new drive in, I would bet by October people will be giving away a lot of it just because they need to vacate the premises of their leased theater building.

I know of one that either expires end of this year or next year for 10 Sony SRX-515s in a cinema that never made money but is still not shut down for good somehow.  The new owner was wanting out of the VPF agreement.