I'm 31.

Bacon

6 minutes ago, Slug said:

I got that feeling at 25, when I realized I was closer to 30 than to 20.  I got over it pretty quickly.  The 30's are awesome.

Last year it was I'm 26 which is only 1 year away from 27 which is 3 years away from 30. 

Every decade you look ahead and those people seem so old, but then you look back and those people seem so young and dumb.  Like, I look back at early 20-somethings and they seem like kids to me.

I think the 30's are terrific.  You've got enough life experience that you can handle your shit.  You know what you want out of everything and how to get it.  Your body hasn't started to fall apart yet.  Basically you're young enough to still have fun and old enough to know how to do it right.

Yeah I turned 30 this year and it fucking rules, though I think one's thoughts on the matter tracks with their feelings about the overall trajectory of their life. I can see how turning 30 might frighten people if they think they haven't accomplished as much as they would like.

30 is fantastic. Not a naively young adult, but your body still is in good shape.

I'm 36, and I'm also pretty comfortable with this age. The only thing that bothers me is not the age itself, but that time moves faster and faster. I feel like I'll practically be dead in what feels like a blink of an eye.

1 hour ago, Chris- said:

Yeah I turned 30 this year and it fucking rules, though I think one's thoughts on the matter tracks with their feelings about the overall trajectory of their life. I can see how turning 30 might frighten people if they think they haven't accomplished as much as they would like.

Hey dude, I don’t appreciate this personal attack. 

• Haha 2

I never felt like I was getting older until this year when I turned 32.  I remember being really young and asking my dad how old are you. He replied 32.  That stuck in my head the rest of my life and I always thought pfffft I'm not even close to 32. Now here it is.

And like @legendsaid, it feels like time just keeps speeding up. Guess having kids/family just amplifies that feeling. 

15 hours ago, Bacon said:

It really gives me that sinking feeling in my stomach. 

15 hours ago, Slug said:

I got that feeling at 25, when I realized I was closer to 30 than to 20.  I got over it pretty quickly.  The 30's are awesome.

What Slug said. I was excited to turn 30 and it's been a lot of fun. There's nothing that different mentally or physically from 29 or 30, so there was nothing to fear about it.

I also look better than I did in my late 20s because I realized I've no reason to let the mentality of, "It's harder to lose weight," become reality. Yes, people get wider when they get older on average, but you don't have to settle for what you're told is "supposed" to happen to you. I feel more control than I ever did in my 20s.

8 hours ago, SaysWho? said:

What Slug said. I was excited to turn 30 and it's been a lot of fun. There's nothing that different mentally or physically from 29 or 30, so there was nothing to fear about it.

I also look better than I did in my late 20s because I realized I've no reason to let the mentality of, "It's harder to lose weight," become reality. Yes, people get wider when they get older on average, but you don't have to settle for what you're told is "supposed" to happen to you. I feel more control than I ever did in my 20s.

I'll echo that overall the 30's are great. Still young enough but now you have a lot of experience behind you and should be hopefully for most people starting to make some real decent money.

The waistline thing ain't agreeing though. The 30's have been a death march of gaining about 100 pounds, and it feels like the second I even look at a cookie I gain 5 pounds I'll never lose. The battle with my waistline the last few years has been real. I admit I only sporadically attempt to do anything about it, but the fatter and older I get it's a lot harder to get started back in the right direction.

Which reminds me I need to finish building my home gym so I can start working out at home. 

I'm 33. I'm now a young old person as opposed to an old young person is how I see it. The biggest difference is if you're going to do anything with your life, it's time to get on it or you know you're just gonna be one of the masses because time is genuinely running out. That's the toughest part to internalize. Otherwise it's more of the same.