The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

28 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Throwing gas on the fire.

Always remember, no matter how vile it looks from the outside Trump and his ilk think these racial conflicts are a winner for him. They think it's the issue that got him elected. And he may be right.

He probably sees it as a win/win for him. The riots calm down, he looks strong, and declares victory. If it escalates, it feeds into his message of unlawful minorities running wild and it energizes his base. Maybe even brings back his sagging numbers with older voters.

All while distracting from his negligence in the deaths of tens of thousands of people.

6 hours ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

At this point in the "crisis of state legitimacy", the Imbecile-in-Chief is largely irrelevant.

The protests aren’t about Trump however I don’t know if we would be getting the same level of protesting under a more empathetic president like Obama. People like to at least feel like their leaders are at least listening. Sure, people were hopeless before Trump, but Trump just adds to their hopelessness.

I’ve always had a feeling that we would be have mass civil unrest during the Trump era. If he wins re-election then I expect his second term to be defined by these types of demonstrations. Things are only breaking down further.

2 hours ago, sexy_shapiro said:

The protests aren’t about Trump however I don’t know if we would be getting the same level of protesting under a more empathetic president like Obama. People like to at least feel like their leaders are at least listening. Sure, people were hopeless before Trump, but Trump just adds to their hopelessness.

I’ve always had a feeling that we would be have mass civil unrest during the Trump era. If he wins re-election then I expect his second term to be defined by these types of demonstrations. Things are only breaking down further.

Unfortunately, I think your first point is not true. Black Lives Matter protests happened during Obama's presidency in the wake of the Zimmerman acquittal, Ferguson, Freddie Gray, Eric Garner, etc. I remember interstate shutdowns for a few of those all across the country. 

To the rest of your point, you're right. Trump isn't a cause and he just piles on to the hopelessness.

59 minutes ago, PaladinSolo said:

Trump appears to have called a pro-trump rally to the WH for today, hes going to make everything so much worse like always.

He's got a series of tweets this morning that are astounding.  He absolutely wants his supporters to fight it out with black people in front of the White House.  

https://thegrio.com/2020/05/29/masked-white-man-smashes-minneapolis-autozone-windows/

Social media is abuzz as people try to identify a white man, dressed in what appears to be tactical gear and a gas mask and carrying an umbrella, seemingly to conceal his identity, breaking windows at a Minneapolis AutoZone. The store was later vandalized and burned, along with a Wendy’s restaurant and an under-construction affordable housing complex. The video of the man, who is white, being questioned by protesters who chase him away has been shared thousands of times on social media platforms. At one point, he seems to lunge at the woman who is filming him. His unusual behavior has prompted people to suggest that he was a police officer or an agent provocateur trying to rile up protests and fuel a riot in the midst of protests for the undue death of a Black man, George Floyd, while being arrested this past Memorial Day.

After everything that happened in the last few days and last night, the things Trump decided he wanted to communicate on Twitter this morning boggle the mind.

He makes every fucking thing all about him. I would pay good money to see Donald Trump out on those streets. He would shit his pants and curl into a ball. He's the biggest fucking pussy faced pansy ass who has ever been elected. FUCK his tough guy persona. This man is as buttery soft and effete as anyone on the planet. A worthless, cowardly, ineffectual monster who is incapable of even beginning to understand what is going through the head of anyone. The man has no empathy and exists in a headspace that contains no subtlety or shades of grey.

What would seriously happen if like 10,000 people just swarmed the White House? Could they stop that? Would they even try to stop them?

I'm sure he has a safe room in the basement that could keep him safe for years. Hell, there is probably an underground train out of there... but whatever. I think at this point if 10,000 people swarmed the White House and burned it to the ground I would be cheering them on.

8 minutes ago, ort said:

After everything that happened in the last few days and last night, the things Trump decided he wanted to communicate on Twitter this morning boggle the mind.

He makes every fucking thing all about him. I would pay good money to see Donald Trump out on those streets. He would shit his pants and curl into a ball. He's the biggest fucking pussy faced pansy ass who has ever been elected. FUCK his tough guy persona. This man is as buttery soft and effete as anyone on the planet. A worthless, cowardly, ineffectual monster who is incapable of even beginning to understand what is going through the head of anyone. The man has no empathy and exists in a headspace that contains no subtlety or shades of grey.

What would seriously happen if like 10,000 people just swarmed the White House? Could they stop that? Would they even try to stop them?

I'm sure he has a safe room in the basement that could keep him safe for years. Hell, there is probably an underground train out of there... but whatever. I think at this point if 10,000 people swarmed the White House and burned it to the ground I would be cheering them on.

War of 1812: Redux?