The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

19 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

In this country it does.

"We know you guys want to have your nice peaceful protest but those damned white anarchists give us no choice, we must deploy the full power of the state and crack skulls indiscriminately"

I’ll be honest in that I have no idea what point you are trying to make. 

The point is the state has a history of blaming "outside agitators" to gather political support for crackdowns

The "outside agitator" narrative doesn't even hold up to scrutiny on even a paper thin level as we're a broken country with 25+% unemployment, a pandemic running wild and no public health care, and little to no support for those unemployed (something like 45% of all unemployment claims are either still in queue or denied at this point)

1 hour ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The point is the state has a history of blaming "outside agitators" to gather political support for crackdowns

The "outside agitator" narrative doesn't even hold up to scrutiny on even a paper thin level as we're a broken country with 25+% unemployment, a pandemic running wild and no public health care, and little to no support for those unemployed (something like 45% of all unemployment claims are either still in queue or denied at this point)

USA Today is saying their reporters are seeing  groups of organized white people committing violence and destroying cities in multiple cities, on multiple nights.  Are you suggesting that they are doing this to gather political support for crackdowns?

56 minutes ago, thewhyteboar said:

Black people aren’t allowed to protest in any form, any level of injustice. Just imagine the response if crowd of mostly Black Americans surrounded a Governor’s office with rifles in hand. 

it infuriates me. I’m not even Black. But I hate that if flies in the face of what both sides say America is all about. Protesting injustice is part of what America is about, but it seems it is reserved for a very pale group, while everyone should STFU and be ignored. 

29 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

USA Today is saying their reporters are seeing  groups of organized white people committing violence and destroying cities in multiple cities, on multiple nights.  Are you suggesting that they are doing this to gather political support for crackdowns?

Yes. The data on arrests in the twin cities area doesn't support the outside agitator theory. Who do you think gets the heel of the boot of the state once crackdowns start? That's why there was the emphasis on "these people are from out of state" because leaders don't get cover for going against their own people, especially protests that are in reaction to state violence.

This doesn't mean there are not locals who aren't taking advantage of the situation, but they're not outsiders.

16 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Black people aren’t allowed to protest in any form, any level of injustice. Just imagine the response if crowd of mostly Black Americans surrounded a Governor’s office with rifles in hand.

I believe the Black Panthers did just that (or something very similar), and it caused major gun reform, supported by the NRA. 

35 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

We don't trust American authorities to be particularly discriminating between those expressing their justifiable rage at the system and the "accelerationists" on the left (Black Bloc anarchists) and the right (the "Boogaloo" movement) who want the authorities to crack down harder in order to further their goals of societal destabilization.   So, in that sense, you're correct that at least certain elements of these groups that are committing these actions with an ulterior political goal.

And naturally, any such crack down will fall FAR harder on the former group because they're predominantly from minority communities - they're gonna feel the fist of the state first and foremost which will inevitably trigger more rage at the system, leading to more social unrest, etc. etc. etc. The latter groups can simply fade back into the larger society because of their lily-white skin.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

We don't trust American authorities to be particularly discriminating between those expressing their justifiable rage at the system and the "accelerationists" on the left (Black Bloc anarchists) and the right (the "Boogaloo" movement) who want the authorities to crack down harder in order to further their goals of societal destabilization.   So, in that sense, you're correct that at least certain elements of these groups that are committing these actions with an ulterior political goal.

And naturally, any such crack down will fall FAR harder on the former group because they're predominantly from minority communities - they're gonna feel the fist of the state first and foremost which will inevitably trigger more rage at the system, leading to more social unrest, etc. etc. etc. The latter groups can simply fade back into the larger society because of their lily-white skin.

And also: the Venn diagram of cops and right wing agitators is a perfect circle

1 minute ago, Emperor Diocletian II said:

Authorities, whether America, Canadian, or European, allow peaceful protests and marches to go forward.  There is a certain level of tolerance to violence, looting and burning.  That is no longer what is happening in American cities at night.

The focus is now changing -- and is being partially taken over by people who are less concerned about what happened to George Floyd, and are more concerned with causing chaos.  In the past, most of the "anarchists" are white -- and I don't see why this changes here.  IMHO, the justifiable cause/frustration of black Americans is partially being co-opted by white left-wing anarchist Americans at night who want to see cities burn.  This happened in my city 10 years ago, and IMHO I'm seeing it happened again across the US today.

2 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Just lol

AND NOW FOR HISTORICAL CONTEXT!

Prince Jean (Count of Paris/King Jean IV of France) is the current head of the House of Orléans, a dynasty that ruled France from July 1830 until the Revolution of 1848.  His ancestor Louis Philippe I assumed the throne after the death of Charles X who was a member of House of Bourbon, the dynasty that ruled France for most of its history until Louis XVI lost his head during the French Revolution.  Yesterday, Louis Alphonse of Bourbon (Duke of Anjou/King Charles XX of France) the current head of the House of Bourbon tweeted out how so very much he'd like the statue's hand to be returned:

Now note the difference in tone between yesterday's tweet from Orléans Jean's tweet and the one from today AFTER the tweet from Bourbon Louis -- it's markedly different!  What you're seeing is literally the rivalry between two practically defunct French royal houses being played out within the context of our current civil strife!

You simply CANNOT make this shit up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fargo Riots

I was surprised to see people protesting in Fargo. But from what I've seen on Twitter there are protests everywhere today. Also, the guys jumping on the squad cars and kicking in the windows are pretty stupid. Seems like it kicks off with one bottle thrown and then the bottles start coming in greater number. I can see how this can escalate to tear gas and riot gear. 

27 minutes ago, Brick said:

I believe the Black Panthers did just that (or something very similar), and it caused major gun reform, supported by the NRA. 

Yes, it happened in 1967 when armed Black Panthers exercised their 2nd Amendment rights and entered the California capitol building in Sacramento.  The result was newspaper headlines like this:

568b1380190000380178b094.jpeg?ops=scalef

Which lead to the passage of the Mulford Act which was supported by the NRA.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

The focus is now changing -- and is being partially taken over by people who are less concerned about what happened to George Floyd, and are more concerned with causing chaos.  In the past, most of the "anarchists" are white -- and I don't see why this changes here.  IMHO, the justifiable cause/frustration of black Americans is partially being co-opted by white left-wing anarchist Americans at night who want to see cities burn.  This happened in my city 10 years ago, and IMHO I'm seeing it happened again across the US today.

And this being the United States of America, public pressure from "decent civil society" will compel the political leadership at all levels to lower the threshold for the acceptable use of forceful measures which will again fall disproportionately on minority communities.  

19 minutes ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

Authorities, whether America, Canadian, or European, allow peaceful protests and marches to go forward.  There is a certain level of tolerance to violence, looting and burning.  That is no longer what is happening in American cities at night.

The point is that this isn't an isolated incident, it happens everywhere, and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. And once that back is broken, there's no telling where these things go. But that the response from even goddamn democrats is pray for a calm quick end and failing that repression, instead of reforms and meaningful changes, does not bode well.

I didn't know people were protesting in my area. Supposedly, it was peaceful until a small younger crowd threw water bottles and then police in riot gear showed up and things escalated to pepper spray pretty quickly. 

nmCwyrO.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pennlive.com/news/2020/05/protester-violence-at-harrisburgs-george-floyd-rally-could-have-been-prevented-if-not-for-riot-police.html%3foutputType=amp

• Sad 1