The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

• 2 weeks later...

Cop gets to keep his job even after it became public that had a picture of Hitler hung up in his locker. He gets to keep it because there aren't enough members of the town council who think it's problematic. Cool.

Screen-Shot-2021-09-01-at-3.03.59-PM-612
WWW.BOSTON.COM

Officer Craig Eichhammer has said he hung the photo to make fun of a fellow officer who resembled Hitler.

ShareLogo2.png
APNEWS.COM

SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) — A former Georgia prosecutor was indicted Thursday on misconduct charges alleging she used her position to shield the men who chased and killed Ahmaud Arbery from being charged with crimes immediately after the shootings.

A former Georgia prosecutor was indicted Thursday on misconduct charges alleging she used her position to shield the men who chased and killed Ahmaud Arbery from being charged with crimes immediately after the shootings.

A grand jury in coastal Glynn County indicted former Brunswick Judicial Circuit District Attorney Jackie Johnson on charges of violating her oath of office and hindering a law enforcement officer.

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'd just like to point out that from a military perspective, Lee wasn't anything particularly special either.

Sure, he had some success, but when it really counted, he all but ignored that most important aspect of warfare: logistics.

Well he lost the war, what more can you say?

On 9/7/2021 at 7:40 AM, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

I'd just like to point out that from a military perspective, Lee wasn't anything particularly special either.

Sure, he had some success, but when it really counted, he all but ignored that most important aspect of warfare: logistics.

The Confederate commanders in general were great tacticians, but not great strategists. Lee included. They also had no real grand vision. Not to mention they had no cohesion amongst each other. Lee wanted his grand victory by sweeping into Philadelphia or whatever, meanwhile Vicksburg was under siege by Grant. Vicksburg was (in my opinion) a more important US victory over the Confederacy than Gettysburg. It gave the US army complete control over the Mississippi. At Vicksburg, Pemberton might have even asked Lee for reinforcements and Lee said "no," though now that I think about it, that might not have been Vicksburg, and I can't find anything about it on a google search. That might have been another battle. Regardless, Lee basically thought the western theater was not important.

Meanwhile, when Meade held fast (as he always did) at Gettysburg, he was urged by everyone involved to pursue Lee's army, which every single one of the Confederate commanders would have done. He was basically like "no, that won't actually accomplish anything. We may have won the battle, but we took a hell of a beating, there's no use chasing around the remnants of Lee's army through northern Virginia when we're at 40% strength (or whatever it was)." Meade was a boss.

11 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

The Confederate commanders in general were great tacticians, but not great strategists. Lee included. They also had no real grand vision. Not to mention they had no cohesion amongst each other. Lee wanted his grand victory by sweeping into Philadelphia or whatever, meanwhile Vicksburg was under siege by Grant. Vicksburg was (in my opinion) a more important US victory over the Confederacy than Gettysburg. It gave the US army complete control over the Mississippi. At Vicksburg, Pemberton might have even asked Lee for reinforcements and Lee said "no," though now that I think about it, that might not have been Vicksburg, and I can't find anything about it on a google search. That might have been another battle. Regardless, Lee basically thought the western theater was not important.

Meanwhile, when Meade held fast (as he always did) at Gettysburg, he was urged by everyone involved to pursue Lee's army, which every single one of the Confederate commanders would have done. He was basically like "no, that won't actually accomplish anything. We may have won the battle, but we took a hell of a beating, there's no use chasing around the remnants of Lee's army through northern Virginia when we're at 40% strength (or whatever it was)." Meade was a boss.

Mapa-de-la-Campana-de-Vicksburg-Misisipi

michael fassbender perfection GIF