The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

9 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

He absolutely does. I was actually able to follow everything he was talking about.

Either way, everything he talks about here is true and sucks. I've bitched about hair issues my wife and daughters have dealt with before around here plenty of times. My wife FINALLY found a hair dresser she likes and can actually do her hair and keep it natural. It's a full hour drive away. She went through the same experience of calling up stylist after stylist looking for something, anything. For a while, she was going to my barber because finding a barber that knows how to do natural hair on men is easy easier than it is for women, go figure.

Fun fact, John Oliver is right, braiding hair totally takes a long time. First time my wife visit her new stylist she wound up having to give her a ride home because the buses were shut down for the day. I think it took a good four or five hours. That's better than the previous terrible braid job she got that took twice as long. Yeah, that's right, imagine sitting in a chair like that for 8-10 hours.

I’m so white that I used to buy Murray’s without realizing it was a black product. This is both a joke AND a fact!

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

He absolutely does. I was actually able to follow everything he was talking about.

Either way, everything he talks about here is true and sucks. I've bitched about hair issues my wife and daughters have dealt with before around here plenty of times. My wife FINALLY found a hair dresser she likes and can actually do her hair and keep it natural. It's a full hour drive away. She went through the same experience of calling up stylist after stylist looking for something, anything. For a while, she was going to my barber because finding a barber that knows how to do natural hair on men is easy easier than it is for women, go figure.

Fun fact, John Oliver is right, braiding hair totally takes a long time. First time my wife visit her new stylist she wound up having to give her a ride home because the buses were shut down for the day. I think it took a good four or five hours. That's better than the previous terrible braid job she got that took twice as long. Yeah, that's right, imagine sitting in a chair like that for 8-10 hours.

It blew my mind when my wife told me some of her (Black) students would miss school on Friday so that they could get their hair done for dances or whatever that took place Friday night or Saturday.

6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It blew my mind when my wife told me some of her (Black) students would miss school on Friday so that they could get their hair done for dances or whatever that took place Friday night or Saturday.

The best part is that the fun doesn't end there. The hours I've spent hunched over my wife while we both work to undo the braids. It's something else.

That reminds me, there's this fantastic sketch in the third episode of A Black Lady Sketch Show's second season about a dude that has a kink for women halfway out of their weave. It's so good. I wish HBO had it up YouTube. That show is sometimes brilliant.

25 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

That reminds me, there's this fantastic sketch in the third episode of A Black Lady Sketch Show's second season about a dude that has a kink for women halfway out of their weave. It's so good. I wish HBO had it up YouTube. That show is sometimes brilliant.

Everyone seems to be having so much fun on that show, that even the sketches that “miss” are still fun to watch.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

The best part is that the fun doesn't end there. The hours I've spent hunched over my wife while we both work to undo the braids. It's something else.

I find it weirdly satisfying to take out the braids, so I have some coworkers who let me assist them when they're ready to come out. :p

I bitch about my hair because it's so oily and I have to wash it daily, but I realize I should be glad  that's all I have to do. If I were Black, I'd continue to be lazy and just let the natural hair fly, because no way do I have patience to sit in a chair that long and have my hair messed with.

But really, I never understood why white people get so worked up over Black hair. Let it be. As long as you're not coming to work all smelly or whatever, I don't care. I think dreads are generally cool. We have this GI doctor, he's a really good looking guy, maybe he's pushing 50, I'm not certain. But he's had these long dreads for like 20 years he said. He's super tall and he stands out. I love it. I'd go to him any time. He came in the other morning and if it weren't for his height, I might not have recognized him right away because he'd finally cut the dreads off. Said it was the first time in 20 years or so.

• Like 1

e38d9f35-31b1-4c09-ba82-c668c7ec5966-DES
WWW.USATODAY.COM

Video shows Andrew Brown Jr. driving away from deputies, but DA Andrew Womble said he endangered them. The deputies will not be charged in his death.

No way these police even get charged, but also a perfect example of the ridiculousness of policing, of the war on drugs, etc.

Got these SWAT guys flying in on the back of the truck like they are going to storm the Bin Laden compound :rolleyes:

Just now, SuperSpreader said:

Whites 

One of the local NIMBY anti-development groups, who I shit you not have named themselves SMa.r.t—Santa Monica Architects for a Responsible Tomorrow. They REALLY don't like it when you point out that their acronym is actually SMAFART.

147639108929690-4.jpg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

One of the local NIMBY anti-development groups, who I shit you not have named themselves SMa.r.t—Santa Monica Architects for a Responsible Tomorrow. They REALLY don't like it when you point out that their acronym is actually SMAFART.

147639108929690-4.jpg

Wow it's like the they are trying to kill the west bank

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

147639108929690-4.jpg

This band fucking sucks

• Haha 1

My favorite are the ones who say something like "I agree that housing is an issue, but-"

Upzoning means you're going to be able to sell your house for a hell of a lot more than you bought it for, bud. Move somewhere else if it's such a big deal, you're going to have the cash for it.

973519f8-5491-46f4-9595-23dea1402711-spe
AMP.BEACONJOURNAL.COM

What at first seemed to be a short\u00a0audio malfunction at Monday's Memorial Day ceremony in Hudson's Markillie Cemetery turned out to be anything but.

"A ceremony organizer turned off the microphone when the event's keynote speaker, retired Army Lt. Col. Barnard Kemter, began sharing a story about freed Black slaves honoring deceased soldiers shortly after the end of the Civil War.

The microphone was turned down for about two minutes in the middle of Kemter's 11-minute speech during the event hosted by the Hudson American Legion Lee-Bishop Post 464."

"Cindy Suchan, who chairs the Memorial Day parade committee and is president of the Hudson American Legion Auxiliary, said it was either her or Jim Garrison, adjutant of American Legion Lee-Bishop Post 464, who turned down the audio. When pressed, she would not say who specifically did it.

Suchan said organizers wanted this part excluded because it “was not relevant to our program for the day," and added the “theme of the day was honoring Hudson veterans.”

• Guillotine 1

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:
AMP.BEACONJOURNAL.COM

What at first seemed to be a short\u00a0audio malfunction at Monday's Memorial Day ceremony in Hudson's Markillie Cemetery turned out to be anything but.

Hopefully both Cindy Suchan and Jim Garrison get fired.

Does asshole religious bigotry count here?

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F0117%2Fr172040_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Four coaches won't have their contracts renewed and another three are ineligible for future positions after a high school football player in Canton, Ohio, said he was forced to eat pork -- which is against his...

Kid skipped a VOLUNTARY workout and was forced to eat a pepperoni pizza if he wanted to keep his place on the team and not run extra drills. Sounds like someone realized this was going to look bad, so they allowed him to remove the pepperoni, but there isn't anything you can do to get the pork grease off a pizza.

28 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Does asshole religious bigotry count here?

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F0117%2Fr172040_1
WWW.ESPN.COM

Four coaches won't have their contracts renewed and another three are ineligible for future positions after a high school football player in Canton, Ohio, said he was forced to eat pork -- which is against his...

Kid skipped a VOLUNTARY workout and was forced to eat a pepperoni pizza if he wanted to keep his place on the team and not run extra drills. Sounds like someone realized this was going to look bad, so they allowed him to remove the pepperoni, but there isn't anything you can do to get the pork grease off a pizza.

"Voluntary"

On 6/3/2021 at 9:50 AM, CitizenVectron said:
AMP.BEACONJOURNAL.COM

On 6/3/2021 at 11:05 AM, Remarkableriots said:

Hopefully both Cindy Suchan and Jim Garrison get fired.

The American Legion has suspended the charter of the post and it has closed permanently.  However, it appears that Cindy Suchan's son is a straight-up neo-Nazi:

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

The American Legion has suspended the charter of the post and it has closed permanently.  However, it appears that Cindy Suchan's son is a straight-up neo-Nazi:

Imagine the anger of some vets if they saw these tweets. They defended everyone from his type from running the world, and now their “leader” wants to helps raise this thing/nazi (it’s a thing because fuck him) You’re helping it erase all the hard work that many of our grandparents/aunts/uncles sacrificed for. Get the fucking bitch out of her role and give it to someone who actually gives a fuck, because she doesn’t.