Jump to content

The Official Thread of Systemic Racism


Recommended Posts

Larry Krasner, got a primary challenger for Philly DA as kind of a referendum on criminal justice reform, even though the increase in violence in Philadelphia has coincided exactly with the pandemic in the same way it did everywhere else in the country. It looks like he's going to win easily.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Brick said:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country." :/

 

I can't even see what the video is. 

 

It's pretty awesome. I'm glad I live in America where I can see such a great video! :flag:

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Brick said:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country." :/

 

I can't even see what the video is. 


maybe there’s a YouTube channel that can get you a deal on a free trial for a VPN. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Brick said:

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country." :/

 

I can't even see what the video is. 

 

Good Hair is on Netflix. It touches on the same subject.

 

I really do hope we're in a better place 10-15 years from now when my youngest is ending the work place with her natural hair that will start up in a ponytail, even after your remove the hair ties.

 

I have to give his writers a hand for allowing him to talk about black hair and not sound stupid. There were definitely some black folk among the writers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

 

Good Hair is on Netflix. It touches on the same subject.

 

I really do hope we're in a better place 10-15 years from now when my youngest is ending the work place with her natural hair that will start up in a ponytail, even after your remove the hair ties.

 

I have to give his writers a hand for allowing him to talk about black hair and not sound stupid. There were definitely some black folk among the writers.

 

He’s made a bunch of jokes this season about black hair products that suggest he’s got some black writers on staff.

 

 

Mainly because I had to log onto a VPN, go into a private tab, then use DuckDuckGo to figure out what the jokes were about. White/10 confirmed, many shame.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my brothers wears his hair in dreads and we would laugh about how he was ALWAYS getting called to be in company photo ops at the software development firm he worked at right out of college. There can also be some weird almost fetishizing of natural and protective hair styles, in addition to the more obvious racist stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites

OK based on what you guys are now talking about, is it Last Week Tonight with John Oliver? If so then yeah I've seen the episode.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

 

He’s made a bunch of jokes this season about black hair products that suggest he’s got some black writers on staff.

 

 

Mainly because I had to log onto a VPN, go into a private tab, then use DuckDuckGo to figure out what the jokes were about. White/10 confirmed, many shame.

 

He absolutely does. I was actually able to follow everything he was talking about.

 

Either way, everything he talks about here is true and sucks. I've bitched about hair issues my wife and daughters have dealt with before around here plenty of times. My wife FINALLY found a hair dresser she likes and can actually do her hair and keep it natural. It's a full hour drive away. She went through the same experience of calling up stylist after stylist looking for something, anything. For a while, she was going to my barber because finding a barber that knows how to do natural hair on men is easy easier than it is for women, go figure.

 

Fun fact, John Oliver is right, braiding hair totally takes a long time. First time my wife visit her new stylist she wound up having to give her a ride home because the buses were shut down for the day. I think it took a good four or five hours. That's better than the previous terrible braid job she got that took twice as long. Yeah, that's right, imagine sitting in a chair like that for 8-10 hours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brick said:

OK based on what you guys are now talking about, is it Last Week Tonight with John Oliver? If so then yeah I've seen the episode.

 

Yes, it is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

 

He absolutely does. I was actually able to follow everything he was talking about.

 

Either way, everything he talks about here is true and sucks. I've bitched about hair issues my wife and daughters have dealt with before around here plenty of times. My wife FINALLY found a hair dresser she likes and can actually do her hair and keep it natural. It's a full hour drive away. She went through the same experience of calling up stylist after stylist looking for something, anything. For a while, she was going to my barber because finding a barber that knows how to do natural hair on men is easy easier than it is for women, go figure.

 

Fun fact, John Oliver is right, braiding hair totally takes a long time. First time my wife visit her new stylist she wound up having to give her a ride home because the buses were shut down for the day. I think it took a good four or five hours. That's better than the previous terrible braid job she got that took twice as long. Yeah, that's right, imagine sitting in a chair like that for 8-10 hours.

 

I’m so white that I used to buy Murray’s without realizing it was a black product. This is both a joke AND a fact!

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

I’m so white that I used to buy Murray’s without realizing it was a black product. This is both a joke AND a fact!

 

Everyone benefits from a little extra self-care.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

 

He absolutely does. I was actually able to follow everything he was talking about.

 

Either way, everything he talks about here is true and sucks. I've bitched about hair issues my wife and daughters have dealt with before around here plenty of times. My wife FINALLY found a hair dresser she likes and can actually do her hair and keep it natural. It's a full hour drive away. She went through the same experience of calling up stylist after stylist looking for something, anything. For a while, she was going to my barber because finding a barber that knows how to do natural hair on men is easy easier than it is for women, go figure.

 

Fun fact, John Oliver is right, braiding hair totally takes a long time. First time my wife visit her new stylist she wound up having to give her a ride home because the buses were shut down for the day. I think it took a good four or five hours. That's better than the previous terrible braid job she got that took twice as long. Yeah, that's right, imagine sitting in a chair like that for 8-10 hours.

It blew my mind when my wife told me some of her (Black) students would miss school on Friday so that they could get their hair done for dances or whatever that took place Friday night or Saturday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

It blew my mind when my wife told me some of her (Black) students would miss school on Friday so that they could get their hair done for dances or whatever that took place Friday night or Saturday.

 

The best part is that the fun doesn't end there. The hours I've spent hunched over my wife while we both work to undo the braids. It's something else.

 

That reminds me, there's this fantastic sketch in the third episode of A Black Lady Sketch Show's second season about a dude that has a kink for women halfway out of their weave. It's so good. I wish HBO had it up YouTube. That show is sometimes brilliant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

That reminds me, there's this fantastic sketch in the third episode of A Black Lady Sketch Show's second season about a dude that has a kink for women halfway out of their weave. It's so good. I wish HBO had it up YouTube. That show is sometimes brilliant.

 

Everyone seems to be having so much fun on that show, that even the sketches that “miss” are still fun to watch.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

 

The best part is that the fun doesn't end there. The hours I've spent hunched over my wife while we both work to undo the braids. It's something else.

 

That reminds me, there's this fantastic sketch in the third episode of A Black Lady Sketch Show's second season about a dude that has a kink for women halfway out of their weave. It's so good. I wish HBO had it up YouTube. That show is sometimes brilliant.

I find it weirdly satisfying to take out the braids, so I have some coworkers who let me assist them when they're ready to come out. :p

 

I bitch about my hair because it's so oily and I have to wash it daily, but I realize I should be glad  that's all I have to do. If I were Black, I'd continue to be lazy and just let the natural hair fly, because no way do I have patience to sit in a chair that long and have my hair messed with.

 

But really, I never understood why white people get so worked up over Black hair. Let it be. As long as you're not coming to work all smelly or whatever, I don't care. I think dreads are generally cool. We have this GI doctor, he's a really good looking guy, maybe he's pushing 50, I'm not certain. But he's had these long dreads for like 20 years he said. He's super tall and he stands out. I love it. I'd go to him any time. He came in the other morning and if it weren't for his height, I might not have recognized him right away because he'd finally cut the dreads off. Said it was the first time in 20 years or so.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
e38d9f35-31b1-4c09-ba82-c668c7ec5966-DES
WWW.USATODAY.COM

Video shows Andrew Brown Jr. driving away from deputies, but DA Andrew Womble said he endangered them. The deputies will not be charged in his death.


No way these police even get charged, but also a perfect example of the ridiculousness of policing, of the war on drugs, etc.

 

Got these SWAT guys flying in on the back of the truck like they are going to storm the Bin Laden compound :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sblfilms said:

Got these SWAT guys flying in on the back of the truck like they are going to storm the Bin Laden compound :rolleyes:

 

Didn't get their jollies in bush's desert heehaw so they brought the military cosplay home. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...