The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

19xp-lofton-photo-facebookJumbo.jpg
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Cedric Lofton, 17, was handcuffed and placed face down at a detention center in Wichita, Kan., last year. The district attorney says the employees were acting in self-defense.

I don't understand how this falls under Stand Your Ground. I've dealt with worse as a nurse and somehow I've never allowed a patient to die. The fuck?

• Guillotine 2

On 1/18/2022 at 3:31 PM, Jason said:
700.png
APNEWS.COM

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — A bill pushed by Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis that would prohibit public schools and private businesses from making white people feel “discomfort” when they...

The TRUE Snowflakes.

3 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:
19xp-lofton-photo-facebookJumbo.jpg
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Cedric Lofton, 17, was handcuffed and placed face down at a detention center in Wichita, Kan., last year. The district attorney says the employees were acting in self-defense.

I don't understand how this falls under Stand Your Ground. I've dealt with worse as a nurse and somehow I've never allowed a patient to die. The fuck?

He added: “This is not a reflection of this office’s approval of what happened to Cedric Lofton on September 24, 2021. This should never have happened.”

"We don't approve of what happened, but we'll allow it and sign off on it if it happens again. Really nothing can be done in regards to tying up minors and leaving them to die."

• Guillotine 2

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

So rather than be with his son who was “in the hospital with a peanut allergy”, he flipped out at some young workers who got his order wrong:

People are the worst

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

So rather than be with his son who was “in the hospital with a peanut allergy”, he flipped out at some young workers who got his order wrong:

Just wanna add that according the workers , he only asked for the smoothie without Peanut Butter. He didnt specify that he his son was allergic to it. I have a feeling this tantrum was brought on by his guilt for fucking up and rather then acknowledging this fuck up he decided this was the best course of action.

41 minutes ago, SimpleG said:

Just wanna add that according the workers , he only asked for the smoothie without Peanut Butter. He didnt specify that he his son was allergic to it. I have a feeling this tantrum was brought on by his guilt for fucking up and rather then acknowledging this fuck up he decided this was the best course of action.

Yeah, but like, people don't randomly become racist when they get mad. Just saying.

9 hours ago, SimpleG said:

Maybe, but I don't even want to give him that.  This is clearly a person who has been making everyone else pay for his emotions for a long time now. The most important thing in that moment was to make someone else pay for his mistake; which to his mind meant making someone else responsible. It must have started with a casual request that he expected to be treated like a kingly decree; and I say that because the safety of his child is obviously not something he thinks deeply about, he left his child's bedside to go exact his lame-ass vengeance. 

Here's your regular reminder of how fucked up colorism is...

61f1335ae996470011906dae?width=1200&form
WWW.INSIDER.COM

Colombian-born Leguizamo spoke about colorism in Hollywood in an interview for the Academy Awards' "Seen" series.

I stayed out of the sun so I could work. I definitely would not go in the sun for years. It was a conscious thing because I could work. And all the Latinos that made it so far, a lot of them were all light-skinned. What happened to all the Afro-Latinos and the majority of indigenous Latinos? They don't get a shot, you know. So, there's a lot of things we got to deal with in Hollywood, and we got to fix, and we got to speak out and we got to speak up.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Here's your regular reminder of how fucked up colorism is...

61f1335ae996470011906dae?width=1200&form
WWW.INSIDER.COM

Colombian-born Leguizamo spoke about colorism in Hollywood in an interview for the Academy Awards' "Seen" series.

Colorism is still criminally un-twittered. I've met Dominicans who are blacker than midnight who swear they aren't black, and that could lead to a whole discussion of "why even is race, it's just something we made up 400 years ago," and it's also easy for me to talk about it from my literal ivory tower, but damn... Colorism is not something America is ready to deal with yet,I don't think. If we can't even get over the literal black and white racism yet, we're not equipped to handle the nuances of colorism.

21 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Colorism is still criminally un-twittered. I've met Dominicans who are blacker than midnight who swear they aren't black, and that could lead to a whole discussion of "why even is race, it's just something we made up 400 years ago," and it's also easy for me to talk about it from my literal ivory tower, but damn... Colorism is not something America is ready to deal with yet,I don't think. If we can't even get over the literal black and white racism yet, we're not equipped to handle the nuances of colorism.

When my wife was having difficulties during pregnancy, we had older families member that told us that they were praying for her to have a beautiful, healthy, light skinned baby with good hair.

No, we aren't equipped to handle this subject. Disney's newest musical, Encanto, takes place entirely in Colombia. The entire main cartoon family is light skinned minus a 5yo and his dad. So that's 2/13 for them. Random villagers get to be more diverse, though the ones with actual speaking roles are also all light skinned.

Maybe I'm just imagining things. I mean, Disney did cast an all Latinx cast.

World-Premiere-Of-Walt-Disney-Animation-

...oh.

Yeah, we aren't anywhere near being able to address the nuances of colorism even within our own communities.

2 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

When my wife was having difficulties during pregnancy, we had older families member that told us that they were praying for her to have a beautiful, healthy, light skinned baby with good hair.

No, we aren't equipped to handle this subject. Disney's newest musical, Encanto, takes place entirely in Colombia. The entire main cartoon family is light skinned minus a 5yo and his dad. So that's 2/13 for them. Random villagers get to be more diverse, though the ones with even actual speaking roles are also all light skinned.

Maybe I'm just imagining things. I mean, Disney did cast an all Latinx cast.

World-Premiere-Of-Walt-Disney-Animation-

...oh.

Yeah, we aren't anywhere near being able to address the nuances of colorism even within our own communities.

My Mexican grandmother was white by most definitions and and she is basically the reason Hispanic is still considered white on the census. "I'm Mexican but I'm not like *that* kind of Mexican."

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

My Mexican grandmother was white by most definitions and and she is basically the reason Hispanic is still considered white on the census. "I'm Mexican but I'm not like *that* kind of Mexican."

My mother is the darkest of her family that moved up here from the island way back when. She's about as dark as John Leguizamo with hair so straight and textureless it will barely stay up in a ponytail. While growing up, she was regularly bullied and called a n* by other PUERTO RICANS.

I just started listening to the autobiography of Malcolm X and he mentions that his mother seemed to treat him poorly because he was the lightest skinned child (and she was white passing to get decent jobs in white homes) and vice versa for his father. 

I didn’t expect it to show up in parent/child relations but it makes sense that it would show up there as well. 

36 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:

My grandmother would tell me as a little kid to not marry "a morena" and to marry someone white. She was indigenous+black. 

Mexico is sooooooo racist it’s unbelievable. I wonder who taught them? :thinking:

• True 2

24 minutes ago, Joe said:

Mexico is sooooooo racist it’s unbelievable. I wonder who taught them? :thinking:

I don’t know how many times I’ve had to tell the in-laws you can’t call all east Asian looking people “Chinitos”, but it is a LOT 😬😬😬

I have dogs from Asia and family has told me "oh yeah they have Chinese eyes!!" Or "do they speak Chinese!?" 

They're not from China and dogs don't speak any language. My dogs are from here: 

campaigns-savedogsasia-dmt-header-02.jpg
WWW.SOIDOG.ORG

The Asian dog meat trade is one of the largest animal welfare concerns in the world and a barbaric practice that Soi Dog Foundation is working hard to end. Click here to read more.