The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

23 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:
211107-colin-kaepernick-kneel-jm-1626.jp
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

If anyone has earned the right to condemn the NFL's mistreatment of Black players, it’s Kaepernick.

9d14a075-aacb-452d-8e31-f16641ff8056-kae
WWW.RGJ.COM

Kaepernick's recruitment by Nevada doesn't really play into the series until the sixth episode, "Dear Colin." But once we get there — wow.

618b314480dab90018db13fd?width=1200&form
WWW.INSIDER.COM

"I'm hopeful that we can use this to move forward and to progress and get some true meaningful change," James Whitfield told NBC News.

First, fuck that headline. Second, I love the "we aren't forcing this principal to resign for racist reasons, he was just really bad at his job" coupled with "as part of our settlement, he'll be receiving his full salary from now until the beginning of the 2023 school year".

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:
618b314480dab90018db13fd?width=1200&form
WWW.INSIDER.COM

"I'm hopeful that we can use this to move forward and to progress and get some true meaningful change," James Whitfield told NBC News.

First, fuck that headline. Second, I love the "we aren't forcing this principal to resign for racist reasons, he was just really bad at his job" coupled with "as part of our settlement, he'll be receiving his full salary from now until the beginning of the 2023 school year".

... I wish someone would give my severance for being bad at my job...

3 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:
kkk-image.jpg
WWW.EBONY.COM

The victim and the alleged perpetrators all attend Woodsboro Highschool in Woodsboro, TX.

But Critical Race Theory is the REAL problem.

It's just boys being boys settle down you sensitive libcuck.

1 hour ago, skillzdadirecta said:
kkk-image.jpg
WWW.EBONY.COM

The victim and the alleged perpetrators all attend Woodsboro Highschool in Woodsboro, TX.

But Critical Race Theory is the REAL problem.

I can barely describe how much I despise the quote from the superintendent.

“is aware of an event that occurred on Halloween night and involving Woodsboro High School students allegedly dressed in garb associated with a widely-known racial hate group and antagonizing a classmate.”

29 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Yeah, complete cowardice

Why even be fearful of name dropping KKK there? Let me fix that statement.

“is aware of an event that occurred on Halloween night and involving Woodsboro High School students allegedly dressed in KKK hoods and attacking a classmate.”

• 2 weeks later...

I'll never understand how people fail to see that one side plays on fear while the other doesn't. It's unendingly baffling to me. I wasn't the biggest Obama fan, but it says a lot that Obama's campaign slogan was simply "yes we can." It projects building towards something, having a goal, not trying to recapture some imagined glory or restore some imagined loss, or avenge some imagined slight. Meanwhile, Republicans prey on fear. They're taking your guns, they're poisoning the minds of your children, they're forcing abortions on your daughters, they're going to make your kids share bathrooms at school, they're making you sterile, they're turning the frogs gay... "THEY." There is a bogeyman around every corner.

I don't understand how people fall for this shit for so long. Like my mom was saying the same shit my whole life like "they're trying to remove our Christian roots and make you say Allah" or whatever. How do you not eventually call them out for crying wolf? The Democrats have controlled either one or both members of the Oregon congress for the last 30+ years, they've never tried to take "under God" out from the pledge of allegiance, even though you don't have to stand for it (however, not having to stand for the Pledge has been encoded in law in Oregon since the 40's, so it's not some libcuck snowflakery).

How do you not eventually realize the bogeyman doesn't exist?

3 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

They should take the current median income and give him a year for all 42 years.

This is the bare minimum. I hope he can find a way to enjoy the rest of his life, but the trauma inflicted upon this man is staggering and heartbreaking. Part of why I wish we had much shorter sentences in this country is to limit the extent of the damage of wrongful convictions.

42 years…

13 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

This is the bare minimum. I hope he can find a way to enjoy the rest of his life, but the trauma inflicted upon this man is staggering and heartbreaking. Part of why I wish we had much shorter sentences in this country is to limit the extent of the damage of wrongful convictions.

42 years…

That gets into a fascinating moral argument. Long term sentences have only been a thing for like the last 50-60 years. Before that it was pretty much short sentences or execution. Long term incarceration is still a fairly new phenomenon in our society. Obviously I'd be more okay with shorter sentences and more education/therapy/job training, but hooooooo boy if you want to get the general public to approve sentence reductions for rapists or whatever.

On 11/23/2021 at 4:18 PM, Fizzzzle said:

That gets into a fascinating moral argument. Long term sentences have only been a thing for like the last 50-60 years. Before that it was pretty much short sentences or execution. Long term incarceration is still a fairly new phenomenon in our society. Obviously I'd be more okay with shorter sentences and more education/therapy/job training, but hooooooo boy if you want to get the general public to approve sentence reductions for rapists or whatever.

I mean, out of all the crimes, I think sex predators are about the worst and need to be kept from society. I mean, like actual sex predators, not a guy who made a mistake at 21 and had sex with a 16 year old. That's not great, but that can be more of a dumbass decision you learn from. I'm highly skeptical of the former being rehabilitated.  But in general, I'm very much in favor of reducing sentences.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I mean, out of all the crimes, I think sex predators are about the worst and need to be kept from society. I mean, like actual sex predators, not a guy who made a mistake at 21 and had sex with a 16 year old. That's not great, but that can be more of a dumbass decision you learn from. I'm highly skeptical of the former being rehabilitated.  But in general, I'm very much in favor of reducing sentences.

That's the problem, though. If you think they can't be rehabilitated, then you might as well just kill them. But then you reach the problem of the fallibility of our justice system. Not everyone who dies was guilty.

The justice system is much more about making US feel good than it is about actual rehabilitation. That guy who diddled kids is going to be released and be your neighbor someday. Thinking of that, do you really want him to drop the soap, or do you want him educated?

Don't get me wrong, I think rapists should have their balls  cut off, but I'm not God. The rapists will be released back into society at some point. I  care more about that person than I do about the dude who got his balls cut off. The former affects my life.

12 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

That's the problem, though. If you think they can't be rehabilitated, then you might as well just kill them. But then you reach the problem of the fallibility of our justice system. Not everyone who dies was guilty.

The justice system is much more about making US feel good than it is about actual rehabilitation. That guy who diddled kids is going to be released and be your neighbor someday. Thinking of that, do you really want him to drop the soap, or do you want him educated?

Don't get me wrong, I think rapists should have their balls  cut off, but I'm not God. The rapists will be released back into society at some point. I  care more about that person than I do about the dude who got his balls cut off. The former affects my life.

I don't really think education is a cure for pedophiles. And while I don't have all  the answers, I don't think killing them is a viable option in most cases.

I certainly think we need to have some major prison reform, I'm just highly skeptical of sex predators ever truly being reformed.

12 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

The State should not be in the business of killing its own citizens even for the worst of crimes. 

Agreed. I'm fine with society shouldering the financial cost of housing pedos for life in prison if it means they're not out causing more harm.

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I don't really think education is a cure for pedophiles. And while I don't have all  the answers, I don't think killing them is a viable option in most cases.

I certainly think we need to have some major prison reform, I'm just highly skeptical of sex predators ever truly being reformed.

Chemical castration? Does that even  work?

One day we will have some medtech solution to drastically reduce recidivism in sexual predators. At that point I think you can offer people the choice of that solution or to stay out of society for the long haul. But sexual predation is indeed the sort of thing that you can’t just will your way to stop. The physiological and psychological issues are complex.