The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

I've always been in favor of side stepping the statue thing my putting up an enslaved people memorial by every single rebel statue.

We can't force you to take them down, but we can put another up explaining how much of a traitorous shitbag they were right next to it.

9 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I've always been in favor of side stepping the statue thing my putting up an enslaved people memorial by every single rebel statue.

We can't force you to take them down, but we can put another up explaining how much of a traitorous shitbag they were right next to it.

Ah yes, The Satanic Temple strategy.

Here's a mayor arguing that his highschool's students throwing tortillas at a majority Latino basketball team has nothing to do with racism.

istock-611996440.jpg
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

The school, Coronado High School, also faces other sanctions, including a ban on hosting post-season games until 2024.

The tortilla throwing was instigated by a man who was an alum of the high school, but not formally involved with the team ot school district. The tortilla throwing was actually a call-back to the tortilla throwing at the university he attended (UCSB), which verifiably did the tortilla throwing during his time on campus. Side note there, tortilla throwing at sporting events originated at Texas Tech in…the 90s?

To top it off, the man who brought the tortillas is a Mexican American himself.

I think the Mayor is correct that the behavior was certainly racially insensitive, but there really is no basis for the claim that racism was the driving force.

this thread is wild. Goes from the conquest of the Americas causing an epidemic to Jim Crow causing a 40 year epidemic in the US (that was fixed only by the military requiring fortified corn grain) and leading California to be the food crop center of the US, not the southeast

• Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

this thread is wild. Goes from the conquest of the Americas causing an epidemic to Jim Crow causing a 40 year epidemic in the US (that was fixed only by the military requiring fortified corn grain) and leading California to be the food crop center of the US, not the southeast

Wow 

On 7/2/2021 at 7:55 AM, sblfilms said:

The tortilla throwing was instigated by a man who was an alum of the high school, but not formally involved with the team ot school district. The tortilla throwing was actually a call-back to the tortilla throwing at the university he attended (UCSB), which verifiably did the tortilla throwing during his time on campus. Side note there, tortilla throwing at sporting events originated at Texas Tech in…the 90s?

To top it off, the man who brought the tortillas is a Mexican American himself.

I think the Mayor is correct that the behavior was certainly racially insensitive, but there really is no basis for the claim that racism was the driving force.

Yeah there is no way this is connected to UCSB. That is both different and coincidental that they are desperately trying to tie it to.

14 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So there's no way it could be racist!

There could be, yet there is no evidence that it was. Just presuppositions.

22 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Tradcaths are so weird. It's like they think the Diablo series is non-fiction.

210721-john-bryant-mb-1542.jpg
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The official stood up, pointed to a Black council member and used the slur, eliciting gasps from residents.

An Alabama lawmaker is facing calls to resign after using the N-word during a council meeting Monday night.

Video of the meeting posted to the Tarrant, Alabama, Facebook page shows City Council member John “Tommy” Bryant standing up, pointing at a Black councilwoman and asking: "Do we have a house N-word in here? Would she please stand up?"

Residents can be heard gasping.

11 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The official stood up, pointed to a Black council member and used the slur, eliciting gasps from residents.

He sounds like a pleasant guy...

Bryant also admitted to calling Newton, who is the first Black mayor in Tarrant, a "little boy."

When asked if he is racist, he responded: "What the public’s definition is, I might be a racist but according to what the true meaning of the word racist is, absolutely not."

In Monday's meeting, Bryant also referred to the LGBTQ community as "LGBT-whatever."

He then called a Buddhist constituent a Muslim, and went on to say that Muslims believe that "if you're not Muslim, their religion says they need to kill you."

Hating so many different kinds of people must be exhausting. No wonder these people are always cranky and whiny.

15 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

So the black mayor referred to the black city council woman as a housey, and the white city councilman was all tooooo eager to talk about it?

Sounds about white

13 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

Bill Maher has the blue print on how to fix this. 

1. say it was a joke

2. invite every black person you’ve ever had a non-negative interaction with do a 30 minute show where they take turns telling the camera how not racist you are. 
3. sit there and look like you shouldn’t even have to apologize. 
4. get visibly annoyed with Ice Cube because he still called you out. 
5. forget it ever happened. 

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Spawn_of_Apathy said:

Bill Maher has the blue print on how to fix this. 

1. say it was a joke

2. invite every black person you’ve ever had a non-negative interaction with do a 30 minute show where they take turns telling the camera how not racist you are. 
3. sit there and look like you shouldn’t even have to apologize. 
4. get visibly annoyed with Ice Cube because he still called you out. 
5. forget it ever happened. 

I love how he tries to escape the panel giving him the business by being like “LETS PLUG YOUR ALBUM, MY NIII…MY FRIEND”

ShareLogo2.png
APNEWS.COM

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — A Missouri legislative committee on Monday held a hearing on how educators teach K-12 students about race and racism without hearing from any Black Missourians. No Black parents, teachers or scholars testified to the Joint Committee on Education during the invite-only hearing on critical race theory.

No Black parents, teachers or scholars testified to the Joint Committee on Education during the invite-only hearing on critical race theory.

44 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

White people need to just stop talking about racism. And I say that as a white guy who talks about it all the time.

I swear if more white people just read Between the World and Me we'd all just be better off

That sounds a lot like critical race theory.

If you have a big problem with whatever you think CRT is... there is a 99% chance you are a vile racist piece of human garbage.

You defiantly are not interesting in having an honest open debate about anything. You are likely a close-minded simpleton piece of shit with such a narrow view of the world that your opinions carry so little merit that you should just shut your fucking garbage hole in your face and go slither off to whatever dark pit of humanity your brain lives in.

Every propagandist at Fox News who helped decide that this is the hot-button topic they want to push right now to rile up their racist audience of shithead garbage people is fucking trash. The entire argument is built on such a garbage bad faith base that it just, I don't even know. I don't understand how anyone can be so incapable of critical thinking that they can so easily fall for this stuff. These people are beyond hope. Fuck these people.

Ask me how I really feel...

I mean, yes, I like to speak hyperbolically online about stuff like this because I find it cathartic... but it seriously hurts me deep down inside to know I share this planet with people this close-minded, this ignorant and confused and this filled with hate. It's really fucking depressing.

• Sad 1