The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

On 6/2/2021 at 11:48 AM, ort said:

I can't even watch that. I don't know how anyone can be around him and hold back the urge to beat him to death.

Lol I hope you don't think he actually believes what he says... these people want ratings and money, its all they care about. Which actually makes it worse, because they know exactly what they are doing to their viewers, but their viewers wouldn't watch if they didn't act like this. Its a vicious circle, but it makes them $$$$.

On 6/13/2021 at 10:22 PM, thewhyteboar said:

Republicans are bitching non-stop about Critical Race Theory (which they can't define or explain). Meanwhile, this is what they are teaching:

referring to a secessionist as a “patriot” is laughable. Calling her a refugee for choosing to leave to prevent her slaves from running away is also idiotic. 

On 6/13/2021 at 11:22 PM, thewhyteboar said:

Republicans are bitching non-stop about Critical Race Theory (which they can't define or explain). Meanwhile, this is what they are teaching:

It seems to be written satirically... It can't be real, right?  I mean that second page about free workers demanding higher wages...

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, 67 actually seems like a lot of defectors when "It's impossible to learn civil war history except by looking at the statues" was a pretty standard talking point last year.

I've always been in favor of side stepping the statue thing my putting up an enslaved people memorial by every single rebel statue.

We can't force you to take them down, but we can put another up explaining how much of a traitorous shitbag they were right next to it.

9 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

I've always been in favor of side stepping the statue thing my putting up an enslaved people memorial by every single rebel statue.

We can't force you to take them down, but we can put another up explaining how much of a traitorous shitbag they were right next to it.

Ah yes, The Satanic Temple strategy.

Here's a mayor arguing that his highschool's students throwing tortillas at a majority Latino basketball team has nothing to do with racism.

istock-611996440.jpg
WWW.CBSNEWS.COM

The school, Coronado High School, also faces other sanctions, including a ban on hosting post-season games until 2024.

The tortilla throwing was instigated by a man who was an alum of the high school, but not formally involved with the team ot school district. The tortilla throwing was actually a call-back to the tortilla throwing at the university he attended (UCSB), which verifiably did the tortilla throwing during his time on campus. Side note there, tortilla throwing at sporting events originated at Texas Tech in…the 90s?

To top it off, the man who brought the tortillas is a Mexican American himself.

I think the Mayor is correct that the behavior was certainly racially insensitive, but there really is no basis for the claim that racism was the driving force.

this thread is wild. Goes from the conquest of the Americas causing an epidemic to Jim Crow causing a 40 year epidemic in the US (that was fixed only by the military requiring fortified corn grain) and leading California to be the food crop center of the US, not the southeast

• Thanks 2
30 minutes ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

this thread is wild. Goes from the conquest of the Americas causing an epidemic to Jim Crow causing a 40 year epidemic in the US (that was fixed only by the military requiring fortified corn grain) and leading California to be the food crop center of the US, not the southeast

Wow 

On 7/2/2021 at 7:55 AM, sblfilms said:

So there's no way it could be racist!

• Haha 1
On 7/2/2021 at 7:55 AM, sblfilms said:

The tortilla throwing was instigated by a man who was an alum of the high school, but not formally involved with the team ot school district. The tortilla throwing was actually a call-back to the tortilla throwing at the university he attended (UCSB), which verifiably did the tortilla throwing during his time on campus. Side note there, tortilla throwing at sporting events originated at Texas Tech in…the 90s?

I think the Mayor is correct that the behavior was certainly racially insensitive, but there really is no basis for the claim that racism was the driving force.

Yeah there is no way this is connected to UCSB. That is both different and coincidental that they are desperately trying to tie it to.

14 hours ago, Keyser_Soze said:

So there's no way it could be racist!

There could be, yet there is no evidence that it was. Just presuppositions.

22 hours ago, b_m_b_m_b_m said:

Tradcaths are so weird. It's like they think the Diablo series is non-fiction.

210721-john-bryant-mb-1542.jpg
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

The official stood up, pointed to a Black council member and used the slur, eliciting gasps from residents.

An Alabama lawmaker is facing calls to resign after using the N-word during a council meeting Monday night.

Video of the meeting posted to the Tarrant, Alabama, Facebook page shows City Council member John “Tommy” Bryant standing up, pointing at a Black councilwoman and asking: "Do we have a house N-word in here? Would she please stand up?"

Residents can be heard gasping.