The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

4000.jpg?width=1200&height=630&quality=8
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Los Angeles officials have announced an effort to return the valuable Manhattan Beach property to the descendants of Willa and Charles Bruce

What they did to this family's land and history is what Trump tried to do to Obama's legacy. That's what it was all about, same thing. 

11 hours ago, SuperSpreader said:
210122112503-01-marjorie-taylor-greene-f
WWW.CNN.COM

Conservative Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene is launching a new "America First" caucus, her office confirmed Friday, bringing together a group of far-right lawmakers known for their...

Anglo-Saxon political tradition?  We going back to a monarchy now? 

11 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:
210323-ayurvedic-medicine-appropriation-
WWW.NBCNEWS.COM

After a year of online yoga favoring white influencers, Desis in the industry are confronting the new landscape and reclaiming an appropriated practice.

Google favors white yogis

There's a lot about that I don't like. A lot of what people label as cultural appropriation can eventually morph into "only Mexicans can own restaurants that sell burritos." I do find the idea that youtube's algorithm favors white women problematic, though, and totally sHoCkEd that youtube's algorithm does that and they either don't know about it, don't care, or lie about it.

2 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

There's a lot about that I don't like. A lot of what people label as cultural appropriation can eventually morph into "only Mexicans can own restaurants that sell burritos." I do find the idea that youtube's algorithm favors white women problematic, though, and totally sHoCkEd that youtube's algorithm does that and they either don't know about it, don't care, or lie about it.

YouTube and a lot of tech, in general, has a sort of white as default. This story of here makes perfect sense one you realize white yoga instructors are treated as the default for when people search for yoga, but if you want a yoga instructor that isn't white you need to search for like Desi yoga. They'd need to have a breakthrough outside the algorithms otherwise and even then it's not guaranteed they won't be as highly recommended as their white counterparts assuming equal production values.

• 2 weeks later...

How about some actual slavery for a change of pace?

image?q=85&c=sc&poi=%5B975%2C484%5D&w=15
PEOPLE.COM

A Black man who was enslaved by his white boss from 2009 to 2014 has been awarded $546,000 in restitution for unpaid wages

Monster in human skin took advantage of a mentally disabled man and forced him to work for free while beating him whenever the guy didn't work fast enough. Now we know what the punishment for slavery is in the US today, 10 years in prison and $500k in back wages. That... doesn't seem like nearly enough.

1 hour ago, Fizzzzle said:

Who are they getting that money from?

Supposedly the business owner. In other words, nobody. It'll never happen. This is one of those cases where if the guy can't pay, the state should foot the bill and then garnish his wages to recoup the costs from now until the day he dies.

1 hour ago, SuperSpreader said:

500k is not enough

28 minutes ago, Ghost_MH said:

Supposedly the business owner. In other words, nobody. It'll never happen. This is one of those cases where if the guy can't pay, the state should foot the bill and then garnish his wages to recoup the costs from now until the day he dies.

yeah, because otherwise if they set the amount too high then he can be ruled “judgement proof” and not have to pay anything and the abused party gets nothing. 

9c309928-scott.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Lamar County Democratic Party chair Gary O’Connor announced his resignation after calling South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott a racial slur in a Facebook post

This is the big head story on Fox News. The super prominent and well known Lamar County Party Chair called Tim Scott an Oreo and had to resign. I also like how they keep whining like the pathetic mewling dip[shits they are about how progressive did this and said that. WHAT PROGRESSIVES SAID THAT? WHICH ONES YOU INTELLECTUAL DISHONEST MOTHERFUCKERS? WHICH ONES? Oh, random people on twitter? Huh, why not say that?

And fuck Tim Scott... America isn't a racist country? Tim Scott is a fucking dipshit, who is selling his soul to the Republican Party in exchange for power. What a fucking stupid buffoon. I read a transcript of the speech the entire Republican Party is falling over themselves to praise and it's clear that they are just using it as a smokescreen to cover their twisted fucked up racist bullshit. Nothing is more pathetic and rage inducing than watching a bunch of fucked up asshole racists try and weaponize racial outrage back at the other side. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT SHIT. FUCK YOU.

They are pathetic and what they are doing is so blatantly obvious it makes my head spin.

Can you imagine being so fucking EVIL that you would willfully spread dishonest bullshit like this to make money?

Can you imagine being so fucking STUPID AND IGNORANT that you would fall for this shit?

Can you imagine being Tim Scott and going on National TV and saying something like "America is not a racist country". What a fucking dishonest shithead he is. I wonder how this man sleeps at night. I wonder if being this much of an asshole eats at his soul. It should. He should be fucking ashamed of himself. He's the worst kind of enabler. He's playing right into their hands in exchange for power, fame and money. He stands for nothing and believes nothing. His speech sucks and he should crawl into a cave and spend the rest of his life reflecting on what a fucking idiot he is.

7 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

How about some actual slavery for a change of pace?

image?q=85&c=sc&poi=%5B975%2C484%5D&w=15
PEOPLE.COM

A Black man who was enslaved by his white boss from 2009 to 2014 has been awarded $546,000 in restitution for unpaid wages

Monster in human skin took advantage of a mentally disabled man and forced him to work for free while beating him whenever the guy didn't work fast enough. Now we know what the punishment for slavery is in the US today, 10 years in prison and $500k in back wages. That... doesn't seem like nearly enough.

Criminal courts can't impose punitive restitution, I believe. A civil court could though.

32 minutes ago, ort said:

Can you imagine being Tim Scott and going on National TV and saying something like "America is not a racist country". What a fucking dishonest shithead he is. I wonder how this man sleeps at night. I wonder if being this much of an asshole eats at his soul. It should. He should be fucking ashamed of himself. He's the worst kind of enabler. He's playing right into their hands in exchange for power, fame and money. He stands for nothing and believes nothing. His speech sucks and he should crawl into a cave and spend the rest of his life reflecting on what a fucking idiot he is.

Or maybe he actually believes it? I mean, do you know any Black people very well? I kinda do :p There are millions of Black conservatives who feel that same way.

57 minutes ago, sblfilms said:

Or maybe he actually believes it? I mean, do you know any Black people very well? I kinda do :p There are millions of Black conservatives who feel that same way.

I know quite a few black conservatives myself, some in my family, and they all strike me as being willfully ignorant or completely full of shit. No way you can be black and travel in those circles and not see the ugliest examples of racism first hand regularly. They often think that THEY can rise above it and change it or that the racism that they see doesn't apply to them. You see a lot of this in the South and amongst Black Immigrants from the Carribean and Africa. Usually lasts until they get that first wake up call.

2 hours ago, ort said:
9c309928-scott.jpg?ve=1&tl=1
WWW.FOXNEWS.COM

Lamar County Democratic Party chair Gary O’Connor announced his resignation after calling South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott a racial slur in a Facebook post

This is the big head story on Fox News. The super prominent and well known Lamar County Party Chair called Tim Scott an Oreo and had to resign. I also like how they keep whining like the pathetic mewling dip[shits they are about how progressive did this and said that. WHAT PROGRESSIVES SAID THAT? WHICH ONES YOU INTELLECTUAL DISHONEST MOTHERFUCKERS? WHICH ONES? Oh, random people on twitter? Huh, why not say that?

And fuck Tim Scott... America isn't a racist country? Tim Scott is a fucking dipshit, who is selling his soul to the Republican Party in exchange for power. What a fucking stupid buffoon. I read a transcript of the speech the entire Republican Party is falling over themselves to praise and it's clear that they are just using it as a smokescreen to cover their twisted fucked up racist bullshit. Nothing is more pathetic and rage inducing than watching a bunch of fucked up asshole racists try and weaponize racial outrage back at the other side. GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT SHIT. FUCK YOU.

This is why they put Tim Scott out there in the first place.  And it's inaccurate anyway... I can think of a lot of things to our esteemed Senator from South Carolina. "Oreo" wouldn't be one of them.

18 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

You see a lot of this in the South and amongst Black Immigrants from the Caribbean and Africa

I was just coming to type something similar. The company i work for just a hired a young man from Africa. When we were discussing the current climate of politics he mention" blacks in America are lazy and only want handouts, if they stayed out of trouble they wouldnt have to deal with cops" It was something out of the The Twilight Zone.

2 hours ago, ort said:

They are pathetic and what they are doing is so blatantly obvious it makes my head spin.

Can you imagine being so fucking EVIL that you would willfully spread dishonest bullshit like this to make money?

Can you imagine being so fucking STUPID AND IGNORANT that you would fall for this shit?

Can you imagine being Joe Biden and Kamala Harris and agreeing with South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott that the United States as a nation is not racist! Those two should be ashamed of themselves!

210428235703-79-biden-address-0428-super
WWW.CNN.COM

President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris on Thursday agreed with South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott that the United States as a nation is not racist, but added that the country has a history of racism that cannot be overlooked.