The Official Thread of Systemic Racism

On a more serious note, there was a case in NY a couple of months back where this White Bar owner who repeatedly refused to close his bar to abide by the pandemic rules put in place, fled the scene when cops showed up to arrest him and RAN OVER a cop and broke his leg. Guess what happened to THAT guy? 

GONCENHJINCLDOU2FXXAGNO77A.jpg
WWW.NYDAILYNEWS.COM

Daniel Presti, owner of notorious Mac’s Pub, hopped in his car and hit the gas, sending the deputy flying onto the hood after the official tried to arrest him outside his on Lincoln Ave. near Edison St. for serving customers inside his bar Saturday night, officials said.

16 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

On a more serious note, there was a case in NY a couple of months back where this White Bar owner who repeatedly refused to close his bar to abide by the pandemic rules put in place, fled the scene when cops showed up to arrest him and RAN OVER a cop and broke his leg. Guess what happened to THAT guy? 

GONCENHJINCLDOU2FXXAGNO77A.jpg
WWW.NYDAILYNEWS.COM

Daniel Presti, owner of notorious Mac’s Pub, hopped in his car and hit the gas, sending the deputy flying onto the hood after the official tried to arrest him outside his on Lincoln Ave. near Edison St. for serving customers inside his bar Saturday night, officials said.

released without bail, huh. Yeah, because

a guy that ran over a cop trying to flee is definitely not a risk of no-showing his court appearance. 

Just now, mclumber1 said:

Felony murder for douchebag that kid was criming with.

I generally don’t like felony murder charges, but it fits really well here. 

1 hour ago, Ricofoley said:

Seems like this is the crux of the problem right here. Cops aren't deviating from their training, it's just that the training they get is not actually based around the preservation of human life.

Not to bring it here but I have it on good authority that cops are fine they just need more training

30 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Kid clearly had his hands up.

At the end of the full video, which also shows another angle, you can see the gun is further down the way behind the fence. He threw the gun away and put his hands up as instructed. 

The story makes me feel bad all around. A 13-year-old not at home, with a gun, who gets killed after following orders. Everything makes me feel bad. =(

24 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

At the end of the full video, which also shows another angle, you can see the gun is further down the way behind the fence. He threw the gun away and put his hands up as instructed. 

The story makes me feel bad all around. A 13-year-old not at home, with a gun, who gets killed after following orders. Everything makes me feel bad. =(

Don't rule out that the video may have been edited by police to show a "gun". Chicago PD may have done so in the recent past!

mt3poz5dbjwlbsb2dymm.jpg
WWW.THEONION.COM

With riots raging in Ferguson, MO following the shooting death by police of an unarmed African-American youth, the nation has turned its eyes toward social injustice and the continuing crisis of race relations. Here are The Onion’s tips for being an unarmed black teen in America:

From 2014 but The Onion has been on point for some time.

15 minutes ago, SuperSpreader said:
210122112503-01-marjorie-taylor-greene-f
WWW.CNN.COM

Conservative Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene is launching a new "America First" caucus, her office confirmed Friday, bringing together a group of far-right lawmakers known for their...

Was there anyone who could nazi this coming?

• Shocked 1