Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty (PC/PS5/Xbox Series) - Information Thread, update: Update 2.1 "Overview" trailer and patch notes

legend

15 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Wednesday, I think.

Dreamcastguy beat the game and gave his impressions in a video before it was immediately removed. I only skimmed around a bit since I wasn't really in the mood to watch a 22 minute review for a game I'm definitely gonna play, but what little I heard was "everything is instant, there's no hidden loading times or anything" and then I skimmed near the end where he said "overall this is one of my favorite gaming experiences ever, and yes, I'm serious."

So that's all I got.

Was that the PC version he was playing? Curious if those load times apply to the next gen consoles as well.

4 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

Was that the PC version he was playing? Curious if those load times apply to the next gen consoles as well.

I doubt it, he usually plays console versions. But he does have a gaming PC so it's possible. I didn't see, though.

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Okay so for someone who is totally ignorant about this, what is the closest game to compare it to? Fallout?

15 minutes ago, thedarkstark said:

Deus Ex + GTA

^ This seems like a pretty good analogy. Deus Ex definitely seems like closest single game match to it. It's revolves around cybernetics and dangerous corporations, and like Deus Ex, puts a focus on allowing different ways to tackled the quests.  But it's got a huge open world city and you can drive cars, which is where the GTA connection is. I think the closest in terms of quest design is probably The Witcher 3, which should be obvious since it's CDPR :p 

9 minutes ago, atom631 said:

for those with both next-gen consoles - which system will you be playing this on? 

PC

3 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Reviews coming in, currently at an 89. Seems like it could use a few more delays...

PhmOgxAcNr8HPdpV0u.jpg
OPENCRITIC.COM

Cyberpunk 2077 has been reviewed by 31 critics and currently has a 'Mighty' rating. Read and browse them all to learn what the top critics in the video game industry are saying.

Today I learned 89/100 is a bad score

5 minutes ago, atom631 said:

I was debating PC too, just for this one. Im on a 980ti and i7-4770K and only a 1440 monitor. 

not sure how that stacks up against the new systems

Go with PS5 or XSX. The 980 Ti won’t do as well, IMO, especially after the consoles get their graphical updates in a month or so.

20 minutes ago, atom631 said:

for those with both next-gen consoles - which system will you be playing this on? 

Series X. And we should all accept the fact that any game that had to be finsihed during the pandemic is going to have a decent amount of bugs at launch. Its been true for most of the major releases this year since Ghost of Tsushima which was the last big release I personally bought that was pretty much bug free and polished. Working from home on these huge games is not conducive and if bugs are that much of a problem for you, folks should wait to buy and not get the game day one.

I'm cool with bugs accept for the ones that waste time and break the game. Rage 2 has a game breaking bug that STILL hasn't been fixed and prevents you from finishing the game :|

5 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

You clearly implied that my comment was saying the game was somehow "bad". Anyways, happy trails to you...

Nope. “89, needs more time in the cooker” says it all :p 

31 minutes ago, Amazatron said:

Maybe you should also learn to read the review blurbs about the bugs...

You sure were the one who got butthurt, though. Happy trails there, partner

2 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

Interesting. I've only played around 30 minutes of Witcher 3 and didn't really like it. However, I don't like 3rd-person action games, so that could have been why. It sounds like there will be different ways to complete missions...will most involve subterfuge and sneaking? Or is run-and-gun an option?

Your choice. Both are supposed to be viable.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, atom631 said:

Itll be running iN BC mode at launch, so it'll probably Xbox One X vs PS4 Pro versions.

I get all Multiplats on Xbox so ill be sticking with that.  Probably also getting a PC version.

Re bugs: it's unfortunate, but expected. However, you can feel pretty confident that CDPR will continue to fix them and make the game better because they always do that. As it is The Witcher 3 is receiving yet another major update for HDR and ray tracing next year.

But it's possibly worth waiting a bit longer if you don't need the game right now, like me :p