Trump Says There Will Be a ‘Bloodbath’ and Elections Will End if He Isn’t Reelected

The sanity takes on the news remind me of previous cycles. Trump was rotten lettuce back then, his death would be balls out for his cult, a win would be balls out for his cult, a loss would be balls out for his cult. Never mind the republic how many bodies do you want. That is the optimistic take right?

13 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

The only reason Trump has a chance is because Biden is the nominee.

Someone like Beshear or Newsom would beat Trump in a landslide.

Yea, I feel the exact opposite: others may be able to beat Trump, but I believe Biden has the highest chance of doing so.

• True 3
  • Halal 1

20 minutes ago, CastletonSnob said:

The only reason Trump has a chance is because Biden is the nominee.

Someone like Beshear or Newsom would beat Trump in a landslide.

Beshear maybe, Newsom has a bunch of skeletons in his closet from the lockdown era and the mantle of California doesn’t appeal to swing voters in Middle America the way it did in the age of Reagan.

The problem is timing—Biden would have had to step down, and then giving Harris the shaft would probably tank the black vote.

Win or lose, we need some new blood after the 2024 elections, though.  Provided Trump doesn’t manage to rig all the elections after that, should he get back into office.

17 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Beshear maybe, Newsom has a bunch of skeletons in his closet from the lockdown era and the mantle of California doesn’t appeal to swing voters in Middle America the way it did in the age of Reagan.

The problem is timing—Biden would have had to step down, and then giving Harris the shaft would probably tank the black vote.

Win or lose, we need some new blood after the 2024 elections, though.  Provided Trump doesn’t manage to rig all the elections after that, should he get back into office.

What states are we considering middle America that Biden won but Newsom wouldn’t appeal to? Illinois, Wisconsin? 

59 minutes ago, Spork3245 said:

Yea, I feel the exact opposite: others may be able to beat Trump, but I believe Biden has the highest chance of doing so.

I agree only because Taylor Swift isn't old enough to run </3

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

That’s because out of the 20 plus people that have run against Trump, Biden is the only person to beat him.

4 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

Election 2020 Shut Up GIF by Joe Biden

Get a debate booked sooner than later, and let Joe wipe the floor with him one more time.

10 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

That’s because out of the 20 plus people that have run against Trump, Biden is the only person to beat him.

I don’t know, I think a strong candidate like Hillary could… oh… wait, fuck.

• Halal 1

This is getting all the media play because the media and some posters here learned nothing from 2016. 

THIS is what matters and what should be plastered all over peoples feeds. 

WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

Donald Trump said he would hit cars made in Mexico by Chinese companies with a 100% tariff, double the levy he has previously said he would put on automobiles made south of the US border.

Yeah no one talks about his ridiculous tariffs on China that he did. He was raising prices on goods before COVID, with no actual plan or objective behind it.

But you know, 10 second memory on all that. Only Biden's 'shrinkflation' matters now.

1 hour ago, Spork3245 said:

What states are we considering middle America that Biden won but Newsom wouldn’t appeal to? Illinois, Wisconsin? 

Not middle America, but I don't think Newsome would do well in Nevada and Arizona because of the general dislike of Californians in those states.

9 minutes ago, CayceG said:

This is getting all the media play because the media and some posters here learned nothing from 2016. 

WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

Donald Trump said he would hit cars made in Mexico by Chinese companies with a 100% tariff, double the levy he has previously said he would put on automobiles made south of the US border.

I don’t know if this would get the traction you think it would. These positions were pretty popular for American factory workers — putting tariffs on foreign made goods — and I don’t know how much tariffs are on other people’s minds to begin with.

If I post this on my feed, it won’t get many eyes. Then again, it’ll probably be weird to switch from engagement photos to tariffs. 😬

2 hours ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Shapiro, Whitmer, and Pritzker will all be contenders in 2028.

37 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I don’t know if this would get the traction you think it would. These positions were pretty popular for American factory workers — putting tariffs on foreign made goods — and I don’t know how much tariffs are on other people’s minds to begin with.

If I post this on my feed, it won’t get many eyes. Then again, it’ll probably be weird to switch from engagement photos to tariffs. 😬

I guess so, but that's a messaging issue for Democratic outreach. And the media can do its part in tying Trump's tariffs to the increase in goods prices that was seen even before the pandemic. 

Also, congrats :p 

• Thanks 1

If you’re listening, President Xi — and you and I are friends — but he understands the way I deal. Those big monster car manufacturing plants that you’re building in Mexico right now … you’re going to not hire Americans and you’re going to sell the cars to us, no. We’re going to put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you’re not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected,” Trump said

“Now if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole — that’s gonna be the least of it,” he added. “It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country. That will be the least of it. But they’re not going to sell those cars. They’re building massive factories.”

Later, he added, “If this election isn’t won, I’m not sure that you’ll ever have another election in this country.”

When I read the full quote it changed how I originally thought about it based on the headline. 

1 hour ago, CayceG said:

WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

1) Chinese Cars?

2) cApItALiSm

9 hours ago, CayceG said:

WWW.BLOOMBERG.COM

I fail to see how Trump’s increasingly violent and fascist rhetoric doesn’t matter. We can’t just ignore this stuff anymore because we know his supporters are willing to storm the capitol over him, and they’ve only become more zealous and angry since January 6. I guess some haven’t learned the lesson from that day either.

• Like 1
  • True 2