Boebert has the manners of a baboon

6 minutes ago, Brian said:

Ok so we should be concerned about the children in the Congos mining the minerals for the polluting EVs but fuck those kids who die by guns because my rights.  How anyone reconciles this shit is beyond me. 

I suggest to not even bother expending the cognitive energy in making the attempt.

2 minutes ago, Joe said:

@Commissar SFLUFAN C’est vrai?!

My patience for threads devolving into the tiresome "food debates" ended long ago.

It's no longer funny (not that it ever was) to see threads that addressed serious issues that involved users transform into debates about goddamned food.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ort said:

F6UTdtHWAAAF_8I?format=jpg&name=large

Theater masturbation is for exhibitionists with some awareness.  When I managed a cinema we'd get a masturbator once every year or two... that we'd know about.  Then there would be the used condoms.  Fun fact, seats in that top row when there's stadium seating is a little more likely to have stuff you don't want to sit in.  Never had anyone get upset after getting caught and tossed though, Boebert is unique in that respect.

2 hours ago, Brian said:

Ok so we should be concerned about the children in the Congos mining the minerals for the polluting EVs but fuck those kids who die by guns because my rights.  How anyone reconciles this shit is beyond me. 

Conservatives just last year unanimously voted to significantly raise the child poverty rate in the US back up. Democrats sure could fight harder for children, but republicans actively HATE children.

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

Conservatives just last year unanimously voted to significantly raise the child poverty rate in the US back up. Democrats sure could fight harder for children, but republicans actively HATE children.

That's where I'm at. Like, as far as "both sides"ing things goes, you can absolutely say that both Democrats and Republicans are supreme dicksuckers of our corporate overlords (though not in equal measure, to be sure), but it's like at least Democrats aren't actively trying to strip rights away from everyone who isn't a wealthy heterosexual cisgender white christian.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Joe said:

https://x.com/natesilver538/status/1703732030872170531?s=46

I apologize for ever having defended this fucking moron.

Eh, the stuff you defended him on was legitimate.

However, even after admitting he had succumb to punditry in 2016 during the primaries, his Twitter feed is almost nothing but. I miss the more humble Silver from 2012, but he’s really far up his own ass now. Unfortunate because he’s a brilliant guy with numbers.

• Like 1
  • True 1

16 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

That's where I'm at. Like, as far as "both sides"ing things goes, you can absolutely say that both Democrats and Republicans are supreme dicksuckers of our corporate overlords (though not in equal measure, to be sure), but it's like at least Democrats aren't actively trying to strip rights away from everyone who isn't a wealthy heterosexual cisgender white christian.

It’s why I realized that trying to find commonality amongst people by having a political ideology of “both sides suck” doesn’t work since the entire issue with Democrats is that they don’t go far enough or fight republicans hard enough, so if you are at all entertaining the idea of them being equal, you obviously want to see a very different world than I do.

It isn’t a point of mutual agreement when you dislike democrats for doing a little bit of the things that I’m mad at them for not doing enough of. It just means we are on completely opposite sides and both dissatisfied our side isn’t crushing the other.

• Like 1
  • True 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

It's borderline "political malpractice" that House Democrats don't attempt on a near-daily basis to use whatever limited procedural means they have at their disposal to get the CTC to a floor vote in the House if only to get the GOP on record voting to kill it over and over and over again.  Who gives a rip what soon-to-be-former Senator Manchin has to say about it?

• True 1

1 hour ago, ort said:

I worked as an usher in my teens and the stuff you find is pretty incredible. Lots of condoms, money, drugs, beer/booze bottles, etc...

You haven't truly lived until you've taken acid you found on a movie theater floor.

schitts creek lol GIF by CBC

I was sent in to watch Old School because someone smelled someone vaping. Had me sit in there for the last 15 mins of film and no more smell. One of the girls found a jizz filled condom on the floor.

I had my projection Buddy run downstairs one time trying to find me and our managers because someone was getting head in Shrek. So we snuck down and looked up to watch the only 2 people in the theatre. He was was getting a blowjob and started yanking his girlfriends by the hair when he noticed the 5-6 of us watching. They left on their own by the side exit doors to avoid us later

36 minutes ago, stepee said:

It’s why I realized that trying to find commonality amongst people by having a political ideology of “both sides suck” doesn’t work since the entire issue with Democrats is that they don’t go far enough or fight republicans hard enough, so if you are at all entertaining the idea of them being equal, you obviously want to see a very different world than I do.

Many Democrats all my life have gone out of their way to prove how not liberal or moderate they are, touting positions they're actually conservative on, all of that. It's done exactly nothing because it's never reciprocated. 

• True 1

45 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

It's borderline "political malpractice" that House Democrats don't attempt on a near-daily basis to use whatever limited procedural means they have at their disposal to get the CTC to a floor vote in the House if only to get the GOP on record voting to kill it over and over and over again.  Who gives a rip what soon-to-be-former Senator Manchin has to say about it?

Honestly it would only help

manchin keep his seat (and I’d rather him stay than whatever ghoul comes out of the WVGOP)

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

lmao if this was really their first date 

WWW.THEDAILYBEAST.COM

The Colorado congresswoman insisted it wasn’t because her mystery man was a Democrat—something she didn’t know before attending the theater with him.

out of all the things that that suck about her, there’s nothing wrong with putting out on the first date ad long as you’re not actively committing a sex crime :p

8 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Why would any left leaning person date her? I can’t understand. 

something something smokeshow

5 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

out of all the things that that suck about her, there’s nothing wrong with putting out on the first date ad long as you’re not actively committing a sex crime :p

There's plenty wrong with putting out in the middle of a crowded theater when you go around telling everyone the mere existence of trans people sexualizes children.

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

something something smokeshow

There's plenty wrong with putting out in the middle of a crowded theater when you go around telling everyone the mere existence of trans people sexualizes children.

I mean, she’s decently attractive, but who she is just completely turns me off. 

And yeah, I don’t care if people have sex on the first date, but maybe don’t grope each other in public with children around.