Boebert has the manners of a baboon

6 hours ago, MarSolo said:

I deliberately hid my political leanings on my Bumble dating profile and it’s amazing how many right wing women are suddenly matching with me.

And let me tell you, it’s amazing how often sex happens on a first date these days.

But are you required to keep the red MAGA hat on the entire time? 

6 hours ago, MarSolo said:

I deliberately hid my political leanings on my Bumble dating profile and it’s amazing how many right wing women are suddenly matching with me.

And let me tell you, it’s amazing how often sex happens on a first date these days.

4 hours ago, TUFKAK said:

Nobody puts out as easy as conservative women in my experience anyway.

My problem is there's no way I'd make it through the small talk long enough to get to the banging if I was talking to some Trumper.

• Like 1
  • True 1

1 minute ago, Jason said:

My problem is there's no way I'd make it through the small talk long enough to get to the banging if I was talking to some Trumper.

It’s why I just made sure they had big tits so I could focus on those if they’d bring up their shit views. I’m a simple guy at some levels.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's why you should follow sports. You can get along with someone fine if that's all you talk about, and you'd never know what other ideologies they would hold.

47 minutes ago, Keyser_Soze said:

That's why you should follow sports. You can get along with someone fine if that's all you talk about, and you'd never know what other ideologies they would hold.

Kinda true. One of my best work friends is a libertarian and we disagree on most politics, but majority of our conversations revolve around sports and traveling. Been friends for a decade and still going strong. 

• Hype 1

22 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Kinda true. One of my best work friends is a libertarian and we disagree on most politics, but majority of our conversations revolve around sports and traveling. Been friends for a decade and still going strong. 

Its how I get by with some of my conservative family members. As long as we talk about anything other than politics we can tolerate each other for the few hours we spend a year.

37 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Ewww

libertarians 

• True 1

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

In my experience with libertarians or anarchists (I used to be one after all), I find it's like... we may very well disagree strongly about how to solve problems, but we can at least agree on what the problems are. I can work with that. We can build bridges.

With Republicans, it's like they live in fantasy land. They live in a world where the 50s/60s never ended (nevermind the fact that in the 50s and 60s, something like a third of all workers in America were part of a union, we don't talk about that). We can't agree on solving problems if you deny that there is one to begin with. You were fed some fantasy idea of what America was that corporations have fed to you for decades and you bought it.

5 hours ago, Fizzzzle said:

In my experience with libertarians or anarchists (I used to be one after all), I find it's like... we may very well disagree strongly about how to solve problems, but we can at least agree on what the problems are. I can work with that. We can build bridges.

With Republicans, it's like they live in fantasy land. They live in a world where the 50s/60s never ended (nevermind the fact that in the 50s and 60s, something like a third of all workers in America were part of a union, we don't talk about that). We can't agree on solving problems if you deny that there is one to begin with. You were fed some fantasy idea of what America was that corporations have fed to you for decades and you bought it.

Can confirm—true libertarians and anarchists are usually suspicious of all institutional power, and I can sympathize and respect that even if I don’t agree with them on particular issues. Straight-up movement conservatives (and *especially* evangelical conservatives) often think wielding institutional power over people is fine, even to a totalitarian or quasi-totalitarian degree, so long as that power is wielded in the name of right-wing notions of ‘traditional morality’.  It’s not a view I can really respect—too fascist-adjacent.  With them I just try to not talk politics.  Fortunately I’ve found many of them to be quite friendly if you stay away from the subject.

I can also usually have a reasonable political conversation with business conservatives who are liberal on social issues (or just indifferent to them) but conservative on economic ones.  In a center-right country like the US I’d rather have the spokespeople of capital be tolerant of minorities and subcultures than abusive towards them. (Interestingly enough, most of the anarchists I know criticize me for that—they usually see said tolerance as a ploy by capital to pacify the people they oppress and stave off the revolution lol)

23 minutes ago, Signifyin(g)Monkey said:

Can confirm—true libertarians and anarchists are usually suspicious of all institutional power, and I can sympathize and respect that even if I don’t agree with them on particular issues. Straight-up movement conservatives (and *especially* evangelical conservatives) often think wielding institutional power over people is fine, even to a totalitarian or quasi-totalitarian degree, so long as that power is wielded in the name of right-wing notions of ‘traditional morality’.  It’s not a view I can really respect—too fascist-adjacent.  With them I just try to not talk politics.  Fortunately I’ve found many of them to be quite friendly if you stay away from the subject.

I can also usually have a reasonable political conversation with business conservatives who are liberal on social issues (or just indifferent to them) but conservative on economic ones.  In a center-right country like the US I’d rather have the spokespeople of capital be tolerant of minorities and subcultures than abusive towards them. (Interestingly enough, most of the anarchists I know criticize me for that—they usually see said tolerance as a ploy by capital to pacify the people they oppress and stave off the revolution lol)

Blair mountain intensifies