Do you believe in any conspiracy theories?

Fizzzzle

Personally, I believe that Lee Harvey Oswald was not the sole shooter of JFK. I can't find enough evidence to conclude anything beyond that, but there is a lot of smoke there to have no fire.

In general, most conspiracies fail the Occam's razor test. JFK's assassination does not. Lots of people wanted him dead for lots of different reasons, and the killing of Oswald followed by the killing of Jack Ruby is a pretty clear indication that there was a greater motivation beyond "anarchist wants to kill the president." What was that motivation? No idea. I just think there was one.

31 minutes ago, Derek said:

I like to think that I don't, but the 69 Moon landing confuses me. We 'did it' over 50 years ago, have been wanting to do it again, but can't for some reason or another. I don't get it. Did we just need to win the space race?

Yes we just needed to win the space race so we could prove our rockets are better and we can blow anyone up all around the world better and faster.

• Thanks 1

Not really.  I do find the JFK Assassination fascinating.  I've even read, "Not in Your Lifetime." and have the Warren report on my Kindle. 

Oliver Stone's JFK is one of my favorite films too.

I too have a tough time believing in the Lone Gunman theory.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

57 minutes ago, Derek said:

I like to think that I don't, but the 69 Moon landing confuses me. We 'did it' over 50 years ago, have been wanting to do it again, but can't for some reason or another. I don't get it. Did we just need to win the space race?

It was dick wagging at its finest but Artemis is going to back there in 2025

https://www.nasa.gov/artemisprogram

2 minutes ago, skillzdadirecta said:

All I'm gonna say is... we go for thousands of years on this planet with horse and buggy technology and then make dramatic leaps in the last 200 years?

:hmm:

Aliens finally decided they like white people!

• Haha 1

None that I know of. I tend to lean a lot on Occam's Razor and its corollary, Hitchen's Razor, and generally have an allergic reaction to people claiming special knowledge. Someone claiming something extraordinary needs to have extraordinary evidence, IMO, and that is pretty much never the case with conspiracy theories, in my experience.

1 minute ago, Nokra said:

None that I know of. I tend to lean a lot on Occam's Razor and its corollary, Hitchen's Razor, and generally have an allergic reaction to people claiming special knowledge. Someone claiming something extraordinary needs to have extraordinary evidence, IMO, and that is pretty much never the case with conspiracy theories, in my experience.

That's where the rub is. For example, did a lot of people get rich from 9/11? Absolutely. Did they form a cabal to plan the attack? Probably not.

6 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

That's where the rub is. For example, did a lot of people get rich from 9/11? Absolutely. Did they form a cabal to plan the attack? Probably not.

Yeah, it's also tricky because I'm sure that a lot of really absurd and unbelievable things happen every day. It's the law of truly large numbers, right?  Given enough time and a large enough sample size, even very unlikely things happen. 

2 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

All I'm gonna say is... we go for thousands of years on this planet with horse and buggy technology and then make dramatic leaps in the last 200 years?

The invention of mass industrialization was made possible by unbelievable riches.

7 hours ago, Derek said:

I’ve just googled it and there were 6 lunar landings…

5 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

These kinds of things are always fascinating. To the best of my knowledge, we used domesticated animals for labor and riding for thousands of years before yokes and saddles were invented. Just a bunch of assholes riding bareback and nobody thought, "perhaps a cushion," or, "2 oxen could schlep a larger plow if they worked together."

7 hours ago, skillzdadirecta said:

-this in itself, but moreso “evolution”… you went from “this” to “that”…. sure but there just isnt overwhelming samples of it.. a fossil here and there.. but its not like a RTS where you reach the next “Age” and everyone magically upgrades at once… wheres the half evolved mutates (besides West Virginia)

-9/11 as significant and damaging as it was… you would think it would happen way more often. At times they sell intelligence apparatus as being incredible and all knowing and next thing you know a spy balloon is just crossing the country frogger style or someone is tossing a shoe at Bush. There is also a very clear disconnect between the haves and have nots in this country so sacrificing a few thousand isnt beyond their capacity to do since those lives can be reduced to a percentage on a power point highlighting a future profit margin

-Weinstein, just how bad was he that the controlling heads of Hollywood  allowed one of their own to take the fall? Casting Couch and quid pro quo has been the norm in Hollywood since its inception… there is a very clear line that in Hollywood everything is fair game except Jews.. they are the “butt” of a joke only on their terms and they are very controlling as to how they are presented, any perceived attack is automatically labeled “Anti-Semitism” and punished with impunity… so with their ivory tower being that guarded what did Weinstein do that he and only he is held accountable

-Moon landing, same thing… we did it first and we are a nation that “LOVES” patting itself on the back.. how is it that in a country full of the “smartest” and brightest we dont have tons of pics and videos of others going to the original moon landing spot just to celebrate our own greatness?

I dont particularly lose sleep over any of this but it does lay dormant back there as WTF?

49 minutes ago, Commissar SFLUFAN said:

No.

Or maybe you don't recognize what you believe as a conspiracy theory because you're not self-aware enough to realize it?

If you're militant enough about your beliefs, nothing is a conspiracy theory. Just truth.

10 minutes ago, Fizzzzle said:

Or maybe you don't recognize what you believe as a conspiracy theory because you're not self-aware enough to realize it?

If you're militant enough about your beliefs, nothing is a conspiracy theory. Just truth.

I can assure you that I am self-aware to the point where I am fairly convinced that the "self" does not actually exist!