Trump campaign 3, 2024: this time, even stupider

48 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

tbh... I hate that this is a thread.

Like, all the hype over his announcement means not even this board has learned that starving him of attention is what people should do. I won't be watching the rally at all.

Can’t exactly ignore the presumptive Republican nominee

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, osxmatt said:

If Trump was smart, he would make DeSantis his VP. But Trump isn’t smart. And he needs completely unobstructed limelight.

I cannot wait for them to duke it out during the primary, DeSantis to win the nomination, Trump runs third party to spite and split the GOP.

Agreed. Its almost a guaranteed victory, but Trump is too narcissistic for that.

5 hours ago, marioandsonic said:

Congress/SCOTUS will just overturn anything that happens

They won't and can't.

2 hours ago, Ricofoley said:

Already mentally preparing myself for the headline "DOJ determines that it would be inappropriate election interference to indict Trump while he's actively campaigning" which I know is coming sooner or later.

This is not going to happen. Trump has no special protection. He's a citizen, and if the DOJ has crimes, they'll prosecute.

And Trump can still run if they do.

• Halal 1

3 hours ago, thewhyteboar said:

Hearing unconfirmed reports that he is on his 4th bucket of KFC and currently “so backed up that not even God Himself could make an enema strong enough to clean him out.”

And a national Depends shortage after their entire national inventory went to a single address in Florida.

From Marc Caputo 

“A senior Trump adviser just confirmed Tues announcement & said “The media, the corporate elites, and political establishment has all moved in unison against Donald Trump at their own peril. It’s like they want to recreate 2015-2016. Let them. We are doing it again. Buckle up””

• Haha 1
  • Sicko 2
  • Ukraine 1
  • Halal 1
  • Sicko Sherman 1

2 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

From Marc Caputo 

“A senior Trump adviser just confirmed Tues announcement & said “The media, the corporate elites, and political establishment has all moved in unison against Donald Trump at their own peril. It’s like they want to recreate 2015-2016. Let them. We are doing it again. Buckle up””

I agree with this. Trump was hit hard but time heals all thanks to peoples' immense goldfish memories. He has a cult - he may not win but he isn't out yet. Let him burn the whole thing to the ground in the attempt. The GOP, I mean. Not America or democracy.

• Thanks 1

Guess this will go here...

13dc-audit-1-80cc-facebookJumbo.jpg
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

John F. Kelly, who was White House chief of staff, said that as president, Donald J. Trump wanted investigations into perceived enemies like James Comey, the former F.B.I. director.

Sure looks like Trump sicced the I.R.S. on Comey and McCabe who were BOTH "coincidentally" selected for intensive audits in the same year... I wonder how that happened :hmm:

Also this...

donald-trump-mo-brooks-8d7ec106139a4ec58
PEOPLE.COM

Alabama Rep. Mo Brooks, once an ally of Donald Trump, now calls the former president 'dishonest, disloyal, incompetent, crude'

"It would be a bad mistake for the Republicans to have Donald Trump as their nominee in 2024," Brooks, a U.S. representative from Alabama, said in an interview with AL.com. "Donald Trump has proven himself to be dishonest, disloyal, incompetent, crude and a lot of other things that alienate so many independents and Republicans. Even a candidate who campaigns from his basement can beat him."

Ouch.

• Haha 1

Trump knows his Cult45'ers are tone deaf...  So him blaming the non-red wave on everyone but himself would be perfectly on brand...

Just waiting for his Thanos-like "Fine, I will do it myself" grift as savior of the GOP... something along the lines of "things went bad once the GOP and Mike Pence allowed the last election to be stolen from me.... even then I will try and save the day and MAGA"