Trump campaign 3, 2024: this time, even stupider

If you need to watch something Trump related, this ad Democrats released is all you need.

or

At the end of the day, my mindset is: you never underestimate someone who ran, history can rhyme/repeat, but I'm also pretty sure if he were to win the nomination, they're not going to run a 2016 campaign of, "Look at crude he is. He said pussy and made fun of women." He has a record. He helped overturn a woman's right to their body. He coddled extremists. He is an extremist. And his jobs record is objectively inferior.

So while I am more than understanding of fears of repeating 2016, I don't think Democrats run a 2016 campaign if he wins. And while I also understand, as Spork reminded us, fears of the fractured GOP talk dream (hell, I remember people hoping evangelicals would do that if Rudy won the nomination in 2008), Trump was complaining the 2016 primary was rigged until he won the nomination, so I do truly believe he'd rile people up about the primaries same as the general, and I do see that being a relevant issue if Trump doesn't win the nomination. If he wins, I expect Republicans to get in line.
  • Thanks 3
  • True 1

Lol, the extremities of Trump fandom are truly hilarious; check out some of these reactions:

There has NEVER been a president, since the beginning of this nation, who has given up so much for this nation, which he loves!

It is no exaggeration to say that for a sizable group of people, MAGA is just a cult of Trump personality.

And I do mean cult.

• Halal 1

Did Iron born Kim of house Guillefoy come out and hype “the best is yet to come, still”

well at least now if the DOJ indict him he can cry himself silly further framing it as fear and a politically motivated…

How the hell do we lose Kevin Conroy yet a social disease like Trump still waddles on this earth

I find it odd that the right wing media take on Trump running again seems so far from what it seems like the average GOP voter's opinion is. While I'm sure the lead up to 2024 will be contentious, I'd argue that Trump is still the front runner. He's still more popular now among Republicans than he was at any time during the 2016 election cycle.

The closest point of comparison I can think of is Hilary in 2016. She'd lost the last time she ran, but was still favorable in the party, and her announcement was no real surprise. Certainly there were those that didn't want her to run again, and a vocal minority of people who actively disliked her, but I can't imagine MSNBC running a graphic of possible nominees and not including her before her official announcement, like what Fox just did with Trump. Trump has basically been campaigning since he left office, he's still popular among his voters, and despite DeSantis's rise, seems like the odds on favorite to win the Primary, but he's being met with disdain from outlets that praised him non-stop for years.

I'm not befuddled as to why this is happening, but I am curious if they can keep it up, and if they do how much it will shape the election.

8 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

I find it odd that the right wing media take on Trump running again seems so far from what it seems like the average GOP voter's opinion is. While I'm sure the lead up to 2024 will be contentious, I'd argue that Trump is still the front runner. He's still more popular now among Republicans than he was at any time during the 2016 election cycle.

The closest point of comparison I can think of is Hilary in 2016. She'd lost the last time she ran, but was still favorable in the party, and her announcement was no real surprise. Certainly there were those that didn't want her to run again, and a vocal minority of people who actively disliked her, but I can't imagine MSNBC running a graphic of possible nominees and not including her before her official announcement, like what Fox just did with Trump. Trump has basically been campaigning since he left office, he's still popular among his voters, and despite DeSantis's rise, seems like the odds on favorite to win the Primary, but he's being met with disdain from outlets that praised him non-stop for years.

I'm not befuddled as to why this is happening, but I am curious if they can keep it up, and if they do how much it will shape the election.

They'll line up if he gets the nom

1 minute ago, SuperSpreader said:

They'll line up if he gets the nom

I'm not rooting for this to happen because I know the extent to which it's playing with fire but if these midterms are any indication it would be absurdly awful for them for Trump to be at the top of the ticket again. 

• Halal 2