The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

So… enough time has passed..

So the Depths yay or nay?

other than a some combat encounters and treasure chests, was it worth it? or was it a content dump to distract from the same surface map?

honestly the Caves would have been satisfying enough for me…. perhaps the main depths content could have been on a larger sky island?

Just now, 5timechamp said:

So… enough time has passed..

So the Depths yay or nay?

other than a some combat encounters and treasure chests, was it worth it? or was it a content dump to distract from the same surface map?

honestly the Caves would have been satisfying enough for me…. perhaps the main depths content could have been on a larger sky island?

A lot of that stuff could have been in the sky, but there are a couple of things I enjoyed about the depths. The darkness made for some very surprising encounters. It's always fun when your gliding in complete darkness and then oops, I just bumped into a Colgera battle.

I don't think I would have wanted the depths to be as content-heavy as the surface. That would have just been too much, but I do wish things like the Yiga camps would have been more interesting battles. Some of those camps are super interesting, but then weren't very interesting as soon as you realized there were only two members there.

I would have liked to see some sort of city or two down there, even if they were monster cities. This is the land where Demise had an entire kingdom. I mean, yeah, it's been so many thousands of years since then, but I don't see why that would matter.

On 6/25/2023 at 9:11 AM, Spork3245 said:

Finally beat this. After the 4 temples it began to feel like kind of a slog, tbh, but the game is still great.

Reveal hidden contents

I can understand you saying that but I think that's mostly because of just how much damn stuff they put in the game. What was your play time? How much of the side stuff did you do? I put in over 180 hours and there was still so many side quests/tasks I didn't complete 

19 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

I can understand you saying that but I think that's mostly because of just how much damn stuff they put in the game. What was your play time? How much of the side stuff did you do? I put in over 180 hours and there was still so many side quests/tasks I didn't complete 

I’m talking about the main quest.

Finally wrapped this one up. I had probably 20 quests still in my queue, and still had chunks of the map I never really explored, but whatever. Maybe I’ll go back and do some of that if/when they do some DLC. 

Great game, obviously. Don’t have much new to say. Ending was awesome. 

I maxed out my stamina REALLY early not realizing that was the max. I'm near the end of the main story, but I've taken my time with the 160+ hours I've accumulated. 

With all the armor upgrades, I've been too strong for many bosses, but considering the amount of work and the sometimes annoying missions to unlock the fairies, I deserve to feel too strong. :p 

• Hugs 1

7 hours ago, Spork3245 said:

IMG-7892.jpg

It’s weird how there’s seemingly no connections to the previous game

There are references to the previous game's events, so it's definitely still connected, but I do find it weird how little the characters refer to it in dialog. Like holy shit, wouldn't you all be talking about how Ganondorf relates to Calamity Ganon!? My best guess is Nintendo didn't want new players of the series to feel lost or left out for having not played the previous one.

On 7/6/2023 at 2:35 PM, legend said:

There are references to the previous game's events, so it's definitely still connected, but I do find it weird how little the characters refer to it in dialog. Like holy shit, wouldn't you all be talking about how Ganondorf relates to Calamity Ganon!? My best guess is Nintendo didn't want new players of the series to feel lost or left out for having not played the previous one.

Spoiler

I kind of attributed it to Zelda being in the past and maybe THAT is why all the Sheikah stuff is replaced with the current shrines now. 

42 minutes ago, MarSolo said:

Hide contents

I kind of attributed it to Zelda being in the past and maybe THAT is why all the Sheikah stuff is replaced with the current shrines now. 

Spoiler

There's still remnants of the tech. You can find a decommissioned Guardian and I think it's stated somewhere that the towers etc. were torn down and recommissioned, e.g., to build the new towers and other stuff. There's also a number of references to the calamity and the people who are lost. So I don't think there is a time re-write. Zelda seemed to always have gone back in time as well. Note that when Ganondorf reappears and before Zelda goes back, he already knows who Zelda is and figures out that he's looking at Link.

The shrines previously only appeared to and the monks preserved themselves purely for the reason to help the future hero fight calamity Ganon. Since Ganon is destroyed, the shrines would probably disappear again.

On 7/6/2023 at 2:37 PM, best3444 said:

I never finished this because of ff16. Same shit happened with BotW and I never completed that either. These games are just too fuckin big.

Just return to it from time to time when you get the itch to play Zelda. Chip away at it. It’s not a race. You don’t have to play it like @Xbob42  

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Just return to it from time to time when you get the itch to play Zelda. Chip away at it. It’s not a race. You don’t have to play it like @Xbob42  

What is this Tears of the Kingdom you speak of? I played that shit what feels like years ago. You old folks alright??

On 7/11/2023 at 5:07 PM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Over 70 hours in and I'm just not doing my second temple/dungeon. Doing the Goron quests. I've completed 81 shrines, I think.

Hey at least you've gotten a second temple done. I've only just now made it to the Gerudo and I've played for 125 hours! 

• Shocked 1

19 hours ago, Brick said:

I defeated my first Gleeok. Took down a Flame Gleeok since I thought that might be the easiest without getting frozen or shocked and dropping my weapons constantly. Pretty intense fight.

I did the Ice Gleeok the other night. Wasn’t too bad. Did it for a side quest to get Zelda’s horse. My only one so far. 

I did beat my first Lynel last night. A blue one I stumbled across in the Hebrew Mountains. I just said “fuck it, let’s try this” and it worked!

• Halal 1

4 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I did the Ice Gleeok the other night. Wasn’t too bad. Did it for a side quest to get Zelda’s horse. My only one so far. 

I did beat my first Lynel last night. A blue one I stumbled across in the Hebrew Mountains. I just said “fuck it, let’s try this” and it worked!

Yeah I avoided that Gleeok when I went for that horse because I found it early, and didn't have enough hearts. It saw me a couple of times, and nearly killed me. One day I'll go back, and get revenge. 

The Hebrew Mountains? Ah so it's not just the French who exist in Hyrule. :raisedbrow:

I know it was likely your autocorrect fixing Hebra but that's funny. 

On 7/20/2023 at 7:47 AM, MarSolo said:

I ran into a King Gleeok in the Depths. Snagged a photo for posterity. Turns out I needed that photo for a later quest.

are you kidding me? I thought I'd explored every damn inch of the depths and I don't recall running into him. Only place I saw him was way way way way high in the sky 

On 7/21/2023 at 11:11 AM, EternallDarkness said:

are you kidding me? I thought I'd explored every damn inch of the depths and I don't recall running into him. Only place I saw him was way way way way high in the sky 

Yup, he’s down there. I stumbled upon him as well. Kicked his ass :angry: