The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

@Xbob42 @BloodyHell

Spoiler

How do I get a damn spring board? I go to these despensers and they never spit out spring boards.

Also, I found a a good spot at landing view in the underground to get bomb flowers. They never respawn though so how do I make them respawn? I have like 13 and need a bunch more for a Ganon fight. 

1 minute ago, best3444 said:

@Xbob42 @BloodyHell

Reveal hidden contents

I’m a noob still but you are going to dispensers that actually have the item you seek, right?

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, Captain Pickle said:

I’m a noob still but you are going to dispensers that actually have the item you seek, right?

Yes. Then I go to ones that have ? because I haven't unlocked them yet. I have yet to find what my spoiler says I'm looking for. It's annoying now. 

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

@Xbob42 @BloodyHell

Hide contents

How do I get a damn spring board? I go to these despensers and they never spit out spring boards.

Also, I found a a good spot at landing view in the underground to get bomb flowers. They never respawn though so how do I make them respawn? I have like 13 and need a bunch more for a Ganon fight. 

You need to go to one that has them, as said above 

@Xbob42 @BloodyHell

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

the bomb flowers can be a pain early in the game, but if you can buy them from the Poe statues. I didn't until I'd finished up the Poe quest line and got all the possible gear, but after that I was left with Poes up the ying yang so I just started buying them rather then hunting for them underground or in caves. They are like 16 poes each 

15 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

Hide contents

the bomb flowers can be a pain early in the game, but if you can buy them from the Poe statues. I didn't until I'd finished up the Poe quest line and got all the possible gear, but after that I was left with Poes up the ying yang so I just started buying them rather then hunting for them underground or in caves. They are like 16 poes each 

Spoiler

I'm assuming poes are in the depths? Because I haven't even been down there but maybe I will tonight. 

36 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Hide contents

I'm assuming poes are in the depths? Because I haven't even been down there but maybe I will tonight. 

You haven't been down there? Go down there and explore. It's just as large as the surface and packed with all sorts of interesting lands marks.

1 hour ago, Ghost_MH said:

You haven't been down there? Go down there and explore. It's just as large as the surface and packed with all sorts of interesting lands marks.

this...hell for so much of my time playing I had more of the underground explored than the ground level :lol: Sounds like you are playing like one of my nephews did. He pretty much stuck to the land level for the longest time 

3 minutes ago, EternallDarkness said:

this...hell for so much of my time playing I had more of the underground explored than the ground level :lol: Sounds like you are playing like one of my nephews did. He pretty much stuck to the land level for the longest time 

Yeah, I have some 115 lightroots versus maybe 96 shrines. I've spent a huge amount of time underground.

2 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Nope, 88 hours in and I haven't even tried to go to the depths. I barely have searched the sky. I guess I will go down tonight. 

Well then you're in for a treat. The depths are great. I was a bit hesitant too, at first. However, there's a ton of stuff to find down there. I've been more surprised by stuff I find down there than anyplace on the surface. A lot of oh shit moments down there.

Just now, Ghost_MH said:

Yeah, I have some 115 lightroots versus maybe 96 shrines. I've spent a huge amount of time underground.

Well then you're in for a treat. The depths are great. I was a bit hesitant too, at first. However, there's a ton of stuff to find down there. I've been more surprised by stuff I find down there than anyplace on the surface. A lot of oh shit moments down there.

Nice. I was expecting it to be dark and boring. :p

29 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Nice. I was expecting it to be dark and boring. :p

Dark? Yes. Boring? No. You'll also find the strongest enemies in the game down there, and on top of it most of them deal gloom damage, so regular potions and food won't cut it.

The toughest enemy I've fought in this game is probably the gloom armored silver lynel I've found a few of down in the depths. Those were great fights.

If you’ve been pretty thorough on the surface, exploring the Depths is much easier. I forget if this is spelled out anywhere in the game or not, but

Spoiler

Light roots are found directly under shrines, so you can mark your map with a ton of waypoints that makes exploring down there so much easier. 

• Thanks 1

Im not too big of a fan of the depths.. the motif is redundant so exploring is mostly meh…

honestly to me an unsung MVP for making the map more enjoyable has been the caves.. they are so varied and have so many navigation gimmicks that they are a fun exploration each time…

I also love that there is a check mark system for tracking them as well

the fact that the game gives you 2 methods for “discovering caves is also well thought out given how concealed some are.. about the only downside is some watery/slippery walls and the more limited enemy variety in there

3 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Dark? Yes. Boring? No. You'll also find the strongest enemies in the game down there, and on top of it most of them deal gloom damage, so regular potions and food won't cut it.

The toughest enemy I've fought in this game is probably the gloom armored silver lynel I've found a few of down in the depths. Those were great fights.

I played 2 hours down in the depths and jfc you weren't lying it's massive. I unlocked a bunch of roots and I'm pretty strong at this stage of the game so I'm actually glad I held out this long to explore the depths.

I don't like the fact I have to constantly have to light up areas with bright seeds or whatever they are called. Nothing has been "really cool" down there but it's ok right now. I did get my bomb flowers down there so that was a plus! Where do I trade in my poes for bomb flowers? I have like 180 right now but haven't ran into anything to trade...

I'm not doing any duplication glitches. So is it worth it getting good pristine weapons from the depths and fusing great items, let's say diamonds or other rare material to the weapon and stopping just short of the item breaking in combat so you get go to Tarrey Town to have the fused item removed for 20 rupees?

Anyone else do this? Good idea or not?

4 minutes ago, Hand76 said:

I'm not doing any duplication glitches. So is it worth it getting good pristine weapons from the depths and fusing great items, let's say diamonds or other rare material to the weapon and stopping just short of the item breaking in combat so you get go to Tarrey Town to have the fused item removed for 20 rupees?

Anyone else do this? Good idea or not?

I've been fusing shit together up above it is absolutely worth it. The weapons last forever and do fantastic damage. I'd imagine the depths are even better so do it. 

• Like 1

BTW, I watched all the memories and cutscenes today and they are absolutely beautiful in every way. This is hands down the best Zelda game ever. It is now in my top 10 list. 

Like I said a while back, I have no idea why the glyphs/memories would spoil anything, story-wise. It's not just all story, but the best story that's ever been told in a Zelda game.

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

I played 2 hours down in the depths and jfc you weren't lying it's massive. I unlocked a bunch of roots and I'm pretty strong at this stage of the game so I'm actually glad I held out this long to explore the depths.

I don't like the fact I have to constantly have to light up areas with bright seeds or whatever they are called. Nothing has been "really cool" down there but it's ok right now. I did get my bomb flowers down there so that was a plus! Where do I trade in my poes for bomb flowers? I have like 180 right now but haven't ran into anything to trade...

I really hope you're not exploring on foot. Attach a giant lightbloom to a flying machine and explore in style! It's way too big to just walk or even drive around and get done in a reasonable amount of time.

Fun story (concerning a certain feature of the depths you haven't come across yet):

Spoiler

I started the depths super early and one of the very first places I found was a coliseum where you get locked in to battle a few waves of enemies. Fuck me that my first one was the Lynel coliseum, I swear I worked on it for like 2+ hours with my weak weapon, no-health, no-armor-having ass before I finally killed the last few armored silver Lynels. I also learned what ancient daggers did here by just fusing anything I could! I used one on I think a black Lynel and was happy that it one-shot it as I thought the trial was over... I only had the one dagger though and several Lynels left. :lol: It auto-saved after every wave so I could either try to escape, load an old save or keep fighting, and I stubbornly fought until I won. It was fucking hard but fun!

• Haha 1

Spoiler

I beat Phantom Ganon in the Deku Tree. Got the Master Sword and now tackling more main missions. How many hearts do you need to beat the game? I have only 15 I believe. Obviously I know you can attempt to beat it at any point but what is the recommended amount where it won't be as difficult?