The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

On 8/1/2023 at 5:03 AM, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Water Temple done. That was pretty short and sweet. Just the Gerudo to help now. Working for the next three, so it’ll have to wait til this weekend and we’re going to visit the in-laws, which means I have nothing to do but game and read. 

Slightly behind you, just getting to the Water Temple now.  I’m sure there will be tons of distractions along the way to Gerudo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm finally wrapping up exploring most of the sky/land in the bottom right corner of the map.  I need to see what that storm cloud is all about.

100%-ing this game for me will probably be doing every cave and all the sky stuff I can.  I don't find the depths not fun, but the cosmetic rewards don't excite me.  That's one of the benefits of prior Zeldas having heart containers, hidden bottles, etc.

• Halal 1

I think I'm about ready to wrap this up. I have all of the lightroots and 138 shrines. Sort of want to go for completion there, but I don't know ow many caves and wells I'm missing and not sure I want to track every last one down. Still a good few outstanding side quests. I can see myself messing around with this some on trips and such, but I am ready to play a new game. I've played nothing but this since I finished a replay of TLoUII in June.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I think I'm about ready to wrap this up. I have all of the lightroots and 138 shrines. Sort of want to go for completion there, but I don't know ow many caves and wells I'm missing and not sure I want to track every last one down. Still a good few outstanding side quests. I can see myself messing around with this some on trips and such, but I am ready to play a new game. I've played nothing but this since I finished a replay of TLoUII in June.

yeah it always seemed no matter how many damn quests I completed there always seemed to me more waiting. I have to say I certainly got my moneys worth from ToTK

32 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

146 shrines. I can do this.

I'm impressed you're sticking it out till the end. I got to about 70 hours in then got bored.

Don't get wrong, it's a phenomenal game and  the amount of creativity in the game is mind blowing. I absolutely agree with the  the praise it gets. 

Enjoy this masterpiece. 

4 hours ago, best3444 said:

I'm impressed you're sticking it out till the end. I got to about 70 hours in then got bored.

Don't get wrong, it's a phenomenal game and  the amount of creativity in the game is mind blowing. I absolutely agree with the  the praise it gets. 

Enjoy this masterpiece. 

It’s like sandbox heaven for me. I think this is the longest I’ve ever played a single game, aside from Animal Crossing. 

Easily GOTY. 

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"The first thing is just surprise, it's beyond even the development team's imagination of what kinds of things people created."

Aonuma adds: "When I was in college, one thing I did was work on creating puppets. And these were puppets that functioned by turning a crank of sorts to get them to move. And this was something that when we were working on the Legends of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, I wasn't able to do... But after the game came out, I saw that, oh my gosh, people created puppets like the ones I made in real life when I was in college, but with more complexity that I wasn't able to do during development. And so I see that and I'm like, oh man, they kind of one-upped me in that regard."

This sounds very cool! Did anybody here build something this cool in game?

• 1 month later...

Don't ask me why it took me 8 months, but I'm finally done. Got all the shrines, lightroots, and Sage's Wills. Got some armours maxed out. Phenomenal game really. Ending was great. Really only a few minor nitpicks I have, and hope they can improve on with the next one. 

• Hype 1