The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

2 hours ago, best3444 said:
  Hide contents

I beat Phantom Ganon in the Deku Tree. Got the Master Sword and now tackling more main missions. How many hearts do you need to beat the game? I have only 15 I believe. Obviously I know you can attempt to beat it at any point but what is the recommended amount where it won't be as difficult?

4. Just as with BotW, you can beat the game with the minimum number of required hearts you have after leaving the tutorial area.

• Halal 1

27 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Don’t know what’s more annoying: tip-toeing around anything that can possibly be considered a spoiler, or this thread turning into best’s on demand walkthrough. :p

I think I asked for help maybe twice. It gets conversation going and I like to interact with others that are playing it. I could google everything if I wanted. 

3 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I think I asked for help maybe twice. It gets conversation going and I like to interact with others that are playing it. I could google everything if I wanted. 

Twice? As in 2? Two times? Are you insane. Lol. You’ve asked for help more than twice. 

7 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Twice? As in 2? Two times? Are you insane. Lol. You’ve asked for help more than twice. 

I honestly don't care how many times I asked for help. It's a videogame message board. I'll google from now on so leon can sleep at night. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I honestly don't care how many times I asked for help. It's a videogame message board. I'll google from now on so leon can sleep at night. 

I don’t care either. I wish we would just post like we did before Leon and Brick got their lady boy panties in a bunch. 

40 minutes ago, best3444 said:

35 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I don’t care either. I wish we would just post like we did before Leon and Brick got their lady boy panties in a bunch. 

Hey, I add the :p to say that I’m just teasing. I can’t sleep at night, but y’all can’t take credit for that. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

Sorry for being such a terrible bully. I just think it’s pretty funny to wait hours for someone to answer a question on this slow moving board that could be answered with a 10 second google. 

I was being sarcastic with me posting twice. It was a Fri night and I know it's slow then. This place is always slow moving unless you're in the circle jerk politics section. 

3 hours ago, best3444 said:
Spoiler

It was pretty cool to get the master sword off the top of the dragons head knowing it was Zelda. I guess she will return to her form once Ganon is beaten. 

OMG now that is a MAJOR spoiler. You better cover that shit up. Being serious. 

12 minutes ago, best3444 said:

You've got to be fuckin joking after all you've posted in this shit thread?

10 minutes ago, best3444 said:

There. But it’s funny we wanted to stop spoilers then I say something and biggie cries lol.

Bruh that was a major story spoiler. Even I had no idea. That wasn’t asking some lame ass questions about a quest or side adventure. It doesn’t bother me because spoilers don’t bother me at all because I’m not 14 years old. But I could understand where someone might be really pissed to learn that. Now that being said 

Spoiler

Fuck off don’t call me out about spoilers. lolololololololol

I hadn't played since last Sunday until I played last night again, and once again got hooked and stayed up too late. I found a cave that went on forever. 

Spoiler

A hole opened up in Lookout Landing's bunker, and it leads straight to the remains of the castle. Got some good armour in there too. 

12 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Alright, game completed! 1 day shy of 30 days spent in the lovely gem's grip. Currently my GOTY! :sun:

This year is aiming to be one of the best years of gaming in quite some time, but even then, I don't see how any game dethrones TOTK for GOTY. It's like Ender vs the rest of battle school.

• True 1

So I just got back from a 3 week vacation to Japan and man was the release timing impeccable. Hilariously I abstained from playing the week before I left for fear that I'd finish it before starting my trip. LOL. Now I'm 95 hours in and still have an absolute ton to do. I haven't been optimizing my play time at all, instead just picking a thing to work on (lightroots, stable quests, regional phenomenon, etc.), getting sidetracked by whatever I find for hours, before again picking a new goal to get distracted from. I'm seriously impressed by just how much there is in this game, and how it varies from the obvious to fairly difficult puzzles.

As someone who was never willing to immediately call BOTW one of the best games ever, TOTK is already entering that conversation for me. The sheer amount of content coupled with the incredible gameplay flexibility is an amazing experience. I keep thinking of new things to try and to do, and I'm confident that I'm not even close to pushing the bounds of what can be done. It's just been such a joy to play through.

I so wish the depths where more interesting, or at least that there was more motivation to explore them on foot. Once I built a nice hoverbike and I had enough battery, I've been using that to uncover lightroots, and I found that of all my self imposed quest lines, this was the one that generated the least discovery. For all the area the depths cover, there simply isn't much going on. It's mostly empty and even the interactions that do exist are so minimal. It's odd to me that you don't even have to clear out the Yiga bases you find, just kill the one guy that's lit up and you're done. I think there have only even been a couple of them that I was even bothered by any of the others in the camp. Like clearing mobs out of certain areas or the shrines where you have to kill all the robots, I think that probably should have been used on those Yiga hideouts. It's a bummer that basically every forge and mine is empty, when it seems like they could have been interesting combat or puzzle areas.

Other than some rather sparse content down below, I think my biggest complaint is that combat in general is rather un-rewarding. I find myself largely avoiding fights because odds are I'll be worse off than if I didn't. I'll have expended durability on a better weapon than I'll find, or used more zonanite building something than I'll recover. I don't necessarily think they need to add skill trees and experience points, but too often I think the value of combat is so minimal as to be problematic.

Overall though, it's hard to say enough good things about the game. Now that I'm home I have a new season of Destiny to dig into, Diablo 4 awaits, I never finished Jedi Survivor, and I have thousands of vacation photos to sift through, but all I want to do is play Zelda some more.

• Like 1
  • Halal 1

49 minutes ago, TwinIon said:

So I just got back from a 3 week vacation to Japan and man was the release timing impeccable. Hilariously I abstained from playing the week before I left for fear that I'd finish it before starting my trip. LOL. Now I'm 95 hours in and still have an absolute ton to do. I haven't been optimizing my play time at all, instead just picking a thing to work on (lightroots, stable quests, regional phenomenon, etc.), getting sidetracked by whatever I find for hours, before again picking a new goal to get distracted from. I'm seriously impressed by just how much there is in this game, and how it varies from the obvious to fairly difficult puzzles.

As someone who was never willing to immediately call BOTW one of the best games ever, TOTK is already entering that conversation for me. The sheer amount of content coupled with the incredible gameplay flexibility is an amazing experience. I keep thinking of new things to try and to do, and I'm confident that I'm not even close to pushing the bounds of what can be done. It's just been such a joy to play through.

I so wish the depths where more interesting, or at least that there was more motivation to explore them on foot. Once I built a nice hoverbike and I had enough battery, I've been using that to uncover lightroots, and I found that of all my self imposed quest lines, this was the one that generated the least discovery. For all the area the depths cover, there simply isn't much going on. It's mostly empty and even the interactions that do exist are so minimal. It's odd to me that you don't even have to clear out the Yiga bases you find, just kill the one guy that's lit up and you're done. I think there have only even been a couple of them that I was even bothered by any of the others in the camp. Like clearing mobs out of certain areas or the shrines where you have to kill all the robots, I think that probably should have been used on those Yiga hideouts. It's a bummer that basically every forge and mine is empty, when it seems like they could have been interesting combat or puzzle areas.

Other than some rather sparse content down below, I think my biggest complaint is that combat in general is rather un-rewarding. I find myself largely avoiding fights because odds are I'll be worse off than if I didn't. I'll have expended durability on a better weapon than I'll find, or used more zonanite building something than I'll recover. I don't necessarily think they need to add skill trees and experience points, but too often I think the value of combat is so minimal as to be problematic.

Overall though, it's hard to say enough good things about the game. Now that I'm home I have a new season of Destiny to dig into, Diablo 4 awaits, I never finished Jedi Survivor, and I have thousands of vacation photos to sift through, but all I want to do is play Zelda some more.

Great points on TOTK.  Where in Japan did you visit?  My wife and I went a few years ago and it's my favorite trip that I've ever been on.  I've been saving ever since so that I can go back someday.

Just now, ShreddieMercury said:

Great points on TOTK.  Where in Japan did you visit?  My wife and I went a few years ago and it's my favorite trip that I've ever been on.  I've been saving ever since so that I can go back someday.

Tokyo, Kamakura, Mt Fuji, Kyoto, Osaka, Kanazawa, the Kurobe Dam alpine route, and then all the way up to Hokkaido. We had a really great time. Japan is wonderful.

• Like 2
  • Halal 1

4 hours ago, TwinIon said:

Tokyo, Kamakura, Mt Fuji, Kyoto, Osaka, Kanazawa, the Kurobe Dam alpine route, and then all the way up to Hokkaido. We had a really great time. Japan is wonderful.

Did you see any depressed salarymen on trains, whose one bright spot in their day was playing TotK on their Switch? 

12 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

Did you see any depressed salarymen on trains, whose one bright spot in their day was playing TotK on their Switch? 

We spent a ton of time on all sorts of trains, using them almost exclusively (except for a flight to Hokkaido), and I was surprised not to see many Switches at all. I think I saw one in a station. It was pretty much all phones all the time, with the occasional laptop. Bunch of ads playing for the Switch, but no Switches themselves.

I did see one school girl in her uniform playing some insane rhythm game and casually getting a perfect score even while the train was jumping around.