The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

10 hours ago, Ghost_MH said:

Haha, well by this point I still do have a TON of side quests and most of the shrines I'm still missing are all shrine quests. I just spent the last twenty or so hours working through side quests when I realized that I'm liable to get the end of this game spoiled before I come anywhere close to actually completing the game.

believe me I understand completely

On 6/12/2023 at 9:12 PM, TheLeon said:

I’ve been running really hot and cold with this game. I’ll get obsessed for a day or two, playing from the time I get home from work until it’s time to go to bed, and then I won’t touch it for the rest of the week. Can’t really pinpoint why. I can’t remember the last time I played a game like that. 

It’s so easy to get distracted, sometimes you just know that you’ll keep going and don’t have the time for it.

I’ve been playing in sort of a handheld game play pattern.  Do one or two random things in it, take care of other real life chores, then come back to it, etc.

Just found the last bubbelfrog.  Feel dumb because it was in a place I wasn't looking and I spent almost 1 whole day looking everywhere else.  Prize is kinda meh.

I think I'm finally ready to go beat the game.  Trying to 100% everything on my one, first playthrough without looking anything up or watching any media on the game.  I've got all the shrines, all the bubbelfrogs, max inventory, and max upgraded the armor set I use.  I'm not gonna bother with the koroks because if BoTW is any indication it's a waste of time.  I'm still short 3 sages' wills to have all the sages upgraded, but after the days long bubbulfrog hunt I'm not sure if I have enough gas left to find those.  So I might beat the game tonight then finally go watch/read all the videos and articles about all the cool shit I missed/didn't know about. :P

• Halal 1

2 temples down, something like 80 shrines and a few less lightroots. My "plan" is to derp around until the juice doesn't seem worth the squeeze, and then finish it off. I assume that DLC and a Master Mode are coming and similar to BotW, I'll do my take on a 100% there, which is all the clothes, side quests, shrines, etc., and koroks until I get bored.

I have very few complaints at this point. One, non spoiler one... I still wish inventory management, especially tagging stuff for throws / attaching to bows, was better. There's just so much shit to potentially scroll through, and I don't know that "frequently used" or whatever it's called actually works? Some stuff I fucked around with is still close to the top of the list even though I haven't attached it to an arrow in probably 24 real time hours. It's weird.

Story wise, and spoilers if you haven't done any temple AND figured out what's up with the Master Sword.

Spoiler

It feels... a little dumb that Link lets the potential sages go along with the notion that they're following Zelda or be confused about why someone who looks like Zelda is in the past. The game does account for you doing things "early" in other character interactions. And it's clear that Link is actually talking to these people. So it's a weird thing for him to omit.

Fought and defeated my first 

Spoiler

Phantom Ganon. I was wondering what those creepy hands were. I had seen them before, but either avoided them, or they disappeared. 

I'm debating with myself whether or not to Google names of certain areas that look like they might be a place of interest, but I can't seem to find anything like a puzzle to solve, and might just be scenery. I could Google and find out, but then I might ruin the discovery for myself if I just look a little deeper. Hmm. 

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Wind.

Yeah I think that's what most people's first one was. Game does seem to guide you towards that one first. 

I wonder if there is a "suggested" order for the temples, even though you can of course do them in any order you'd like. 

3 hours ago, Brick said:

Yeah I think that's what most people's first one was. Game does seem to guide you towards that one first. 

I wonder if there is a "suggested" order for the temples, even though you can of course do them in any order you'd like. 

when they first discuss that quest they list the temple location, which I'm pretty sure is the devs suggesting people go in that order

1 hour ago, EternallDarkness said:

when they first discuss that quest they list the temple location, which I'm pretty sure is the devs suggesting people go in that order

I have an opinion on temple order but I wouldn’t dare to share it with anyone on here.  I’d like to be able to avoid these violent temptations that haunt me throughout the dauntless nights. The most depraved demons in the foulest pits of hell would cry for mercy merely baring witness to the horrors I plan to unleash should someone contest my order.

• Haha 1
  • True 1

2 minutes ago, stepee said:

I have an opinion on temple order but I wouldn’t dare to share it with anyone on here.  I’d like to be able to avoid these violent temptations that haunt me throughout the dauntless nights. The most depraved demons in the foulest pits of hell would cry for mercy merely baring witness to the horrors I plan to unleash should someone contest my order.

you can definitely do them in any order, I just think the devs had a certain order in mind. One of my nephews went straight to the desert which I think was the last one I did. 

11 minutes ago, stepee said:

Tell ya what. I’ll meet you back here in 3 years and we can discuss it. 

I have no idea what the fuck you guys are talking about with temple order. I just did them as I came across them and never got the impression that any were "meant" to be first or anything. I guess I could see an argument for the desert one being last but that's about it.

40 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

I have no idea what the fuck you guys are talking about with temple order. I just did them as I came across them and never got the impression that any were "meant" to be first or anything. I guess I could see an argument for the desert one being last but that's about it.

I think the game nudges you in the direction of Rito -> Goron -> Zora -> Gerudo. Its not a hard push, but a gentle nudge.

28 minutes ago, ThreePi said:

I think the game nudges you in the direction of Rito -> Goron -> Zora -> Gerudo. Its not a hard push, but a gentle nudge.

Yeah, that’s the path I’ve taken (just getting to the water temple now) and it felt pretty natural. 

4 hours ago, TheLeon said:

Yeah, that’s the path I’ve taken (just getting to the water temple now) and it felt pretty natural. 

I did Rito -> Zora -> Gerudo -> Goron and it also felt natural... because they're largely unrelated! 

7 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

As said you can do them in any order, so none of them are "meant" to be in any place, but it at least does seem to suggest doing Rito first because when you first get the quest Purah does mention something about them being in trouble, and doesn't say anything about the others, which to me seems like a hint that players might want to check that one out first as it did seem pretty easy to me. Now that I've done that temple the Rito are mentioning the Gorons having trouble in their area, which again seems like the game hinting at where the player might want to go next. I bet if I did help the Gorons, afterwards they would mention the Zora having trouble. I think it says something that most people here did seem to go to the Rito first, after all. 

There's no set order, but it might be a subtle way for Nintendo to be guiding players who might get lost and easily overwhelmed on what to do next. For more experienced players like ourselves we can choose whatever order we want.

I was just wondering if there was or was not a heavier suggestion on what order Nintendo wants you to do them in. Like if I help the Gerudo next (which I might since in BOTW that was my last Divine Beast, so I can switch it up this time), and then helped the Zora, after the Zora won't go, "I hear the Gerudo in the West are having trouble with...oh what's that? You already solved their issues? Well that's good, Link". 

I haven't done the Gerudo yet, but regardless I think Goron is actually the best starting group just because I think you get the most useful power out of it. Also, I just think the Goron just have the all-around most interesting setup. I like that the Goron are straight up addicted to rock, I like the Goron wearing a lucha mask, thought the dungeon was the most interesting.

Just did the Lynel “gauntlet” in depths.. that was fun..

the thing thats bugging me is getting to that stupid star shaped island in the sky right above Lookout Landing..its at one of the highest points in the map.. all vehicles poop out before getting there its very annoying..

Only 5 side adventures and 5 quests to completion..

then its all the other “completionist” things which i likely wont pursue

6 hours ago, 5timechamp said:

the thing thats bugging me is getting to that stupid star shaped island in the sky right above Lookout Landing..its at one of the highest points in the map.. all vehicles poop out before getting there its very annoying..

Just make a fan-based flyer that doesn't use the glider. Make it out of wood and it won't despawn.