The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

1 hour ago, BloodyHell said:

I just reprogrammed the buttons 

I want the Nintento "B" button to be both Jump (presently "X") and accept (presently "A") in the menus.

The only way I'll get it straight in my mind is to just play this game for long enough.

1 hour ago, best3444 said:

I just really hope Nintendo comes out with their new console next year. The visuals are beautiful in it's own way, but it's fuckin dated now. Real shame because the game itself is so good which is really all that matters. 

I was going to make a joke about my emulator's LOD being stuck on the low quality models/textures, and there being an audio bug where it won't play dialog, and that I am only seeing the subtitles.  But, there are so many defensive people here, that I thought it would go over like a lead balloon.

• Haha 1

I'm telling you guys, get a controller with rear buttons, preferably one like a repogrammable 8bitdo.

Pop the sprint on the rear left button, swap the jump and sprint in-game, and bam. You got B (bottom button) as jump, Y (left button) as attack, like any other game, and you just slap that rear-left button to sprint, like if you were clicking in the left stick but without it feeling like fucking trash like pushing in a left stick.

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

It’s not a chore. It adds a lot to the overall game and fun. 

Also @Xbob42 I love the icon you made from the avatars!

Thanks! I had no idea you even could build icons out of parts like that. That was the first time I spent platinum points on... anything, I think?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Xbob42 said:

I'm telling you guys, get a controller with rear buttons, preferably one like a repogrammable 8bitdo.

Pop the sprint on the rear left button, swap the jump and sprint in-game, and bam. You got B (bottom button) as jump, Y (left button) as attack, like any other game, and you just slap that rear-left button to sprint, like if you were clicking in the left stick but without it feeling like fucking trash like pushing in a left stick.

Here I am playing on deck (moonlight) and just using the back button to turn afterburner overlay on and off!

Can someone explain how they solved Tukarok Shrine? It seems so much larger than necessary.

Spoiler

I crossed the lava with the car, stuck the long plank vertically to the middle of the car, crossed back across the lava, stuck the ball to the top of the plank, climbed the ladder, and unstuck the ball. Shrine complete.

There's no way that was the intended solution, but it also seemed like such an obvious solution at the same time.

I'm taking much longer in the opening area that I would have otherwise.  I didn't head to the initial map marker, so saw the entire island before I had any extra abilities.  I forget if BoTW's great plateau worked that way, but surely I missed the boat.  (then I made one *oof* )

Combat is quite fun.  I'm surprised by how much damage enemies deal when you only still have a 3 heart reserve.

2 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I want the Nintento "B" button to be both Jump (presently "X") and accept (presently "A") in the menus.

The only way I'll get it straight in my mind is to just play this game for long enough.

Yeah that’s the thing and with the gui representing the button placements as is, changing the controls to Nintendo games never works for me when they do this weird stuff like with Zelda. I find it’s better to not even try and just get used to it since eventually that does happen.

1 hour ago, crispy4000 said:
1280x720.jpg
WWW.NINTENDOLIFE.COM

Zooming for Zelda - The release of a new Zelda game means that we are going to be hearing about a whole lot of speedruns o...

And the pressure they put on their self to beat it in x amount of time so they could get the jump on social media rep pretty much ruins the value and what the game has to offer...IMO. But maybe they have an expendable income and don't really care about 'the new game experience' or the franchise in general 

7 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

And the pressure they put on their self to beat it in x amount of time so they could get the jump on social media rep pretty much ruins the value and what the game has to offer...IMO. But maybe they have an expendable income and don't really care about 'the new game experience' or the franchise in general 

They care about clicks

• True 2

1 hour ago, TheLeon said:

Don’t speedrunners just like speedrunning? Obviously there’s the tiniest sliver of internet fame/cred that comes with it, but at the end of the day it’s just a different way to play games. 

I get that. It just seems like a super stressful way to enjoy a game 

Ok I caved and continued to be the absolute sheep I am when it comes to Nintendo. And already... I have no freaking clue who, what, where or how I'm doing. But it does feel like it will be a cool experience. Damn if Nintendo doesn't know what makes games tick 

• Halal 1
  • Hugs 1

Speedrunning is the dumbest thing ever. While I can appreciate the amount of work it takes to become one of the "the best" at it... funnel that energy into something else ANYTHING else. You could become an incredible musician or a master (insert hobby here) in the amount of time you spend on 1 single game. I have to imagine at some point after you move on it leaves you feeling empty inside, like how Michael Phelps talked about wanting to unalive himself after the Olympics were over. 

47 minutes ago, eventide11 said:

Ok I caved and continued to be the absolute sheep I am when it comes to Nintendo. And already... I have no freaking clue who, what, where or how I'm doing. But it does feel like it will be a cool experience. Damn if Nintendo doesn't know what makes games tick 

Just have fun. There is no right way to play this. 

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

What’s everyone dumping their Light of Blessings into? Hearts, stamina, or doing equal parts?

I pumped Stamina up to two full circles, then got hearts up to 8, now im doing stamina again. 

48 shrines and one temple down. 

8 hours ago, Xbob42 said:

Thanks! I had no idea you even could build icons out of parts like that. That was the first time I spent platinum points on... anything, I think?

You're right about back buttons, I took out my Scuf and it's way better!

1 hour ago, thedarkstark said:

Speedrunning is the dumbest thing ever. While I can appreciate the amount of work it takes to become one of the "the best" at it... funnel that energy into something else ANYTHING else. You could become an incredible musician or a master (insert hobby here) in the amount of time you spend on 1 single game. I have to imagine at some point after you move on it leaves you feeling empty inside, like how Michael Phelps talked about wanting to unalive himself after the Olympics were over. 

People do it because they find it fun, not to "become the best." Speedrunning as a whole is a massively collaborative effort, not just a bunch of hypercompetitive dudes competing for fake trophies. They love to break games. You could use the logic you just used for literally anything else. Why become an incredible musician? Put that effort into becoming a master architect. Why become a master architect? Put that effort into suckin' your own dick! There's no such thing as a more or less meaningful hobby, the hobbies that are meaningful to you are the only ones that matter.

• Halal 2

3 hours ago, best3444 said:

I know. I look forward to playing more tomorrow but this game is pretty overwhelming. 

literally just explore and talk to people. Its that simple. follow icons for quests, if you get stuck, check a guide. exploration and puzzle solving is the point. 

80% of the people on my friend list have been playing the game...granted I haven't many people on my list but still :p 

I do wish I had explored a bit more on the first sky island as I learned I missed a thing or two, but I'll get back eventually.

and DAMN

Spoiler

link lost his arm...that's pretty damn hardcore