The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

11 minutes ago, TheLeon said:

So far (just finished the first Sky island), I’m loving it. This toolkit is already a lot more fun than BotW. Maybe I’ll get annoyed the 30th time I have to construct a raft and attach a fan to it, I dunno. 

The fuse mechanic helps with one of my biggest gripes from the last game: the endless shitty weapons you have to use. Now, when you pick up some rusty sword, just toss a fire-breathing stone head on the end of that bad boy and have some fun! 

Yeah the fuse mechanic helps a LOT with this. Now it makes sense to have you try all these different weapons, before it was like doing it just to be a dick.

12 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you are talking about the 

Spoiler

Fans you have to strike them with a weapon but you also have to have found one of the Energy Cells to power them

Just now, Biggie said:

Hide contents

Fans you have to strike them with a weapon but you also have to have found one of the Energy Cells to power them

Spoiler

I'm not, but I don't want to spoil anything, so I will say no more! 

4 minutes ago, Biggie said:

Reveal hidden contents

Turns out you were right as that works for this situation as well, thanks @Biggie

• Hugs 1

I'm only about an hour in and on the 2nd shrine but so far this feel less like a series of physics puzzles and more like a game that centers around a robust crafting system. Because crafting feels a lot more personal in this game there is actual sense of accomplishment when you make something cool. The fuse technique is a lot more intuitive than I expected as well. It reminds me a lot of the ability to combine abilities in Kirby 64. It's fun playing around with the different objects you can fuse to your weapons and shields.

Breath of the Wild redefined what a Zelda game can be and this game continues down that route by making something that feels fresh yet still fundamentally Zelda.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Biggie said:

I got up at 5am to play for just a little while. Ended up calling out today lol. It’s that good. The exploration is so good. 

I was really tired so I slept in. Felt great but I just completed my first shrine. Magical as I was expecting. 

3 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It’s all about trial and error and exploration and it’s a perfect blend. 

Im not sure if it will be kept up but right now it seems like while yeah it’s a physics play box but also what they did is make the open world a puzzle in how you progress to the point you need to. It didn’t feel like that in BOTW to me, it didn’t have the toolset to pull that off. If it can keep that up and keep it fresh it will be an impressive game design trick to pull off.

• True 1
  • Halal 1

Also if you enjoyed playing as a sexy femboy in the last game there's already plenty to satiate your needs. Link's new hair and and arm is a hot look, and over an hour in and the only clothing so far is a short warrior skirt + sandals - still no shirt in sight! Nintendo knows what the fans want and they're delivering.

5 minutes ago, Kamusha said:

Also if you enjoyed playing as a sexy femboy in the last game there's already plenty to satiate your needs. Link's new hair and and arm is a hot look, and over an hour in and the only clothing so far is a short warrior skirt + sandals - still no shirt in sight! Nintendo knows what the fans want and they're delivering.

It’s not my scene but I noticed they really provide that fan service in the beginning!

I'm 10 minutes into the game so in 2 minutes if this isn't the best game ever I will be disappointed thought granted I haven't fused or explored or been in the open world or battled anything besides three enemies or visited towns or masturbated or did side quests

• Haha 2
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, SaysWho? said:

I'm 10 minutes into the game so in 2 minutes if this isn't the best game ever I will be disappointed thought granted I haven't fused or explored or been in the open world or battled anything besides three enemies or visited towns or masturbated or did side quests

oh yeah once you see the cum physics when you masturbate on top of a cloud you are going to lose your shit

• Shocked 1
  • Sicko 1

3 hours ago, AbsolutSurgen said:

I played about an hour of it last night, and I think I am in your camp.  I'll give it another go after I finish the games I already have on the go, but trying to go back and forth between this button layout and a modern one won't work in my head.

I just reprogrammed the buttons 

18 minutes ago, best3444 said:

I just really hope Nintendo comes out with their new console next year. The visuals are beautiful in it's own way, but it's fuckin dated now. Real shame because the game itself is so good which is really all that matters. 

The water looks great. Also I think it’s much smoother than BotW. Overall it’s a perfect 10/10. 

• Halal 1

Just cleared my 7th shrine and I think I have over come the puzzles in a way that would make the designer roll their eyes at me! That said, the fact that there is no one “trick” to each puzzle has my tinker brain working over time wearing a joker face smile! 

I'm enjoying making the dumbest weapon combos possible. I took a pitchfork and combined with a soup ladle and it's now my most OP weapon. I also stuck a spear on a broadsword and it's lolololol

I also stuck a sword to one of my shields because I could

• Haha 1
  • Halal 1