The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

4 minutes ago, Mercury33 said:

Been holding off in the hopes they release a remaster on Switch 2

I highly, highly doubt that Nintendo will remaster this. But it may run better on the Switch 2 so there's that. 

2 hours ago, MarSolo said:

Happy one year to Tears of the Kingdom!

It’s art book time baby!

WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

4,896 likes, 30 comments - zeldanintendo on May 10, 2024: "Japan 🇯🇵 - Tokuma Shoten has announced an official art book, “The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the...

I’m all over that as soon as I can preorder the English version. 

• Hype 1

15 hours ago, best3444 said:

I highly, highly doubt that Nintendo will remaster this. But it may run better on the Switch 2 so there's that. 

I agree they aren’t remastering it, and it might get a flat 30fps, which seems like it would be a major achievement for Nintendo. 

I would personally prefer a remake of Twilight Princess or a complete reimagining of Ocarina (and Majorah), or a new classic Zelda. 

I know Nintendo is full speed ahead on Nu-Zelda, but man, I would much prefer one in the classic style.

Just popping in to say that yes, I’m still playing this a year later. Still trying to get all the light roots and shrines.

I did a dry run to the depths to see the path to Ganondorf and HOLY SHIT, that’s a trek.

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

Just popping in to say that yes, I’m still playing this a year later. Still trying to get all the light roots and shrines.

I did a dry run to the depths to see the path to Ganondorf and HOLY SHIT, that’s a trek.

I remember early on checking that place out just to see it, and once I saw all the high level enemies, and all the gloom it was an immediate NOPE. 

15 hours ago, Brick said:

I remember early on checking that place out just to see it, and once I saw all the high level enemies, and all the gloom it was an immediate NOPE. 

I tried to AVOID all the enemies, going as far as to use an ancient arrow on the silver Lynel. Once I got to the first official battle against the army, I reloaded my previous save before I made the trek. 

I want the best armor and gloom meals before I even seriously attempt it.

• 3 weeks later...

Here’s my late game critique of this game. As a guy who doesn’t mind the weapon degradation system, by the game’s end it wears itself thin. A huge piece of this game is getting the master sword back, maybe more so than any other game in the series. It would fit narratively just fine if the damn thing didn’t need to recharge. Your player has put in the work by then, there’s still the option to use all the potentially more interesting weapons that will break… JUST LET THE MASTER SWORD NOT BREAK. 

• True 2

4 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

Here’s my late game critique of this game. As a guy who doesn’t mind the weapon degradation system, by the game’s end it wears itself thin. A huge piece of this game is getting the master sword back, maybe more so than any other game in the series. It would fit narratively just fine if the damn thing didn’t need to recharge. Your player has put in the work by then, there’s still the option to use all the potentially more interesting weapons that will break… JUST LET THE MASTER SWORD NOT BREAK. 

Didn't you play the first game? Should have learned your lesson then. :p

1 minute ago, Keyser_Soze said:

Didn't you play the first game? Should have learned your lesson then. :p

I did, but I was mostly fine with it in that one. Now I’ve played like another 100 hours of largely the same game and it would fit so neatly in how they do the master sword this time to just be like… it doesn’t break now cuz of what happened! 

I don’t think I cleaned up as much side content in the first game either. 

10 minutes ago, Paperclyp said:

This is so true and exactly how I felt. 

Yeah I cared about weapons breaking this even less than the first game. You can attach shit to even a basic stick to turn it into a killing machine, so you should be completely fucking stacked with insane weapons the entire game. 

Still don't care about the master sword breaking, it's just a regular ass sword that respawns.

1 hour ago, Xbob42 said:

Yeah I cared about weapons breaking this even less than the first game. You can attach shit to even a basic stick to turn it into a killing machine, so you should be completely fucking stacked with insane weapons the entire game. 

Still don't care about the master sword breaking, it's just a regular ass sword that respawns.

You can and they do a good job of giving you lots of good options during especially big battles. But by the end I was tired of even doing that. 

8 minutes ago, Xbob42 said:

Tired of doing what? Putting stuff on weapons? I feel like my last batch of weapons lasted the entire final 5 hours of the game. 

Yeah putting stuff on weapons. You musta made them out of more durable stuff than me cuz I was still churning through em lol. 

At least they let it go on the final battle. (Battles). (Lots of final battles). 

Honestly kind of a beautiful game plot wise imo. Def the most invested I’ve been in a Zelda game story. Really appreciate how pleasant it is just to be in the game world a lot of the time. The underworld really contrasts well with the beautiful overworld. Glad to have finished the game but super enjoyable experience. It makes me wonder what direction they’ll take the next one. I’m not sure they can do another BOTW / TOTK game.