The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

5 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Fuck I probably need to dust off the Switch and play this. I need a new pro controller too though. Did they get rid of the weapons breaking every 5 attacks thing for this one?

They did not but now it’s more about finding things around and combining them to make weird creative weapons so it kind of works better.

My plan is to hope that it looks so nice on that oled that I don’t need to tinker with emu settings and just dive in. If it doesn’t work for me, I hope at least the square rock texture thing is fixed by Friday (if not already). I wish I had a hacked switch so I could swap the save back and forth. The DF impressions sounded promising that it’ll be all good on the switch native though, and yeah that oled display.

• Halal 1

19 minutes ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

In my case it helped too much. Link got waaay too zippy. 

Lol how high was your fps? 
im not getting over 47 indoors or 38 outdoors, but its almost never going under 28, which for a switch game, not so bad.

Vsync on i was getting as low as 15-17, and never over 31.

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

im not getting over 47 indoors or 38 outdoors, but its almost never going under 28, which for a switch game, not so bad.

I didn't have a frame counter running, but I can tell you that I was moving fast enough that I was confusing the enemy I was locked on to so that it was bouncing around with crack head link until I stuck myself to a rock by mistake! 

1 minute ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

I didn't have a frame counter running, but I can tell you that I was moving fast enough that I was confusing the enemy I was locked on to so that it was bouncing around with crack head link until I stuck myself to a rock by mistake! 

Lol 😂 ya I had no such problems 

2 hours ago, ShreddieMercury said:

The hyperbole is on point.  BotW absolutely embarrassed modern games to a degree that I hadn't experienced when it released.  Sounds like this will do the same. 

I remember the discourse here at the time that Horizon Zero Dawn looked so much better than BOTW and Nintendo was really going to tank Zelda and the Switch by releasing it around the same time.

A week after it was like Horizon Zero Who?

Shit, I’m seeing the discourse on Twitter NOW over the scores it’s getting. 

1 hour ago, MarSolo said:

I remember the discourse here at the time that Horizon Zero Dawn looked so much better than BOTW and Nintendo was really going to tank Zelda and the Switch by releasing it around the same time.

A week after it was like Horizon Zero Who?

Shit, I’m seeing the discourse on Twitter NOW over the scores it’s getting. 

I mean, Zelda botw was a masterpiece and I don’t know who was claiming ir would be overshadowed by HZD. I don’t remember the discourse around HZD being more than “it’s a great game”.

so far everything about this is better than botw, which is still among my favorite games.

edit: you mean before hand? I mean sony pony’s gonna sony pony?

4 minutes ago, Brick said:

How so? 

Just their content has become a lot more low effort, and without Jones, kyle, and Ben, it’s not even close to the same anymore.

they have a dying patreon with a vert small but loyal base, but I can’t watch anymore. 

5 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

DF tech review:

Key thing:

They say it's exceptionally polished, with no bugs found

Other developers should take note. A AAA game launched in 2023 with no known bugs.

Not “no bugs”. You got it the first time. “No bugs found”. People will find and experience bugs. It’s inevitable. But it’s impressive that there aren’t any so obviously apparent it’s impossible the devs and QA missed them. 

though I’m sure the crunch was intense with this game. 

Hoping this one immediately grabs me more than BotW did.

Got BotW day one, but dropped it pretty early and didn't finish until like 2 years ago. Kind of ironic considering I'm a huge Nintendo/Zelda fan. Well, hopefully Amazon delivers it early tomorrow.

And it's funny, I just built a new PC, but I haven't even considered emulating Switch games. :mthinking:

Fuck, I tried to be skeptical because you can never tell with a new Zelda release if the anticipation is warranted but I think I have officially given myself into the hype. I was much more into the exploration of BoTW than I was the physics puzzle aspect so I am a little worried this may focus more on the later, but I'll find out soon enough I suppose.

I hope I don't have insomnia again tonight but if I do I'm playing this right at midnight.

2 hours ago, BloodyHell said:

I just played the opening minute or so, and was getting a solid 60.

3 minutes ago, Kamusha said:

Fuck, I tried to be skeptical because you can never tell with a new Zelda release if the anticipation is warranted but I think I have officially given myself into the hype. I was much more into the exploration of BoTW than I was the physics puzzle aspect so I am a little worried this may focus more on the later, but I'll find out soon enough I suppose.

I hope I don't have insomnia again tonight but if I do I'm playing this right at midnight.

It really does seem to be that great. BOTW was Nintendo's first foray into open world adventure, and they basically nailed it with a few key exceptions. They appear to have not only addressed those issues, but also added in something like 3x the content of BOTW, all the while introducing multiple new mechanics. AND they also made the story a bit darker and more interesting, while making the gameplay more creative.

Nintendo keeps winning.

Arriving from Best Buy tomorrow morning, it's been quite a long time since I dusted of my Switch. This will be a winner i'm positive of that. Probably at least 80 with possibilities of well over 100 depending on how much of a completionist or explorer you are. Loved Breath of the wild, I'm predicting all 9's & 10's

2 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

It really does seem to be that great. BOTW was Nintendo's first foray into open world adventure, and they basically nailed it with a few key exceptions. They appear to have not only addressed those issues, but also added in something like 3x the content of BOTW, all the while introducing multiple new mechanics. AND they also made the story a bit darker and more interesting, while making the gameplay more creative.

Nintendo keeps winning.

It likely is great, especially if it's being directly compared to the masterpiece that was BoTW. As a longtime fan I only get skeptical with hype because every 3D Zelda game gets effusive praise regardless of quality. Twilight Princess wasn't a bad game but it wasn't the pinnacle of the franchise either, which is what a number of the early reviews were calling it.

Sadly didn't get into BoTW until over a year or two after its release date so looking forward to experiencing this one alongside everyone else.

I mean, Zelda botw was a masterpiece and I don’t know who was claiming ir would be overshadowed by HZD. I don’t remember the discourse around HZD being more than “it’s a great game”.

so far everything about this is better than botw, which is still among my favorite games.

edit: you mean before hand? I mean sony pony’s gonna sony pony?

My memory of who was saying what at the time is hazy, but I remember a good portion here thought HZD was going to sweep BOTW under the rug.

Im so ready for this. I truly hope it scratches the itch that BOTW and Elden Ring gave me. 

as a side note, I played all of BOTW on the WiiU in handheld mode, so it will be nice to play this on the Switch. Will also be palying entirely in handheld mode, just wish I had the OLED version. 

• Halal 1

2 hours ago, Mr.Vic20 said:

Today's emulator updates have given me a massive performance boost. I previously could not crack 45 fps; now I'm hitting 60 quite often, especially after the shaders compile, with bad drops going into the 40's.  Those of you with an Intel 13th gen or Ryzen 7000 CPU will probably maintain 60 fps most of the time now.

Also there is a mod to make the game world run at normal speed when going above 30 fps, although cutscenes will still run faster. It's called the 60 fps mod, the downside being if you drop below 60 fps then the game will run in slower motion. As long as you can maintain above 50, the game feels normal in my experience. 

• Halal 1

1 hour ago, stepee said:

It’s obviously going to be the critics choice for goty at this point, and maybe it will be, but the question is, is it better than Elden Ring? That matchup almost happened kinda sorta.

Ain’t gonna be my GOTY.  

Sexy Spider-Man GIF

• True 1