The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - update: 10+ million copies sold worldwide in first three days (fastest selling title in the Zelda series)

Keyser_Soze

9 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I bought this and the BOTW as collectibles. The BOTW is worth quite a bit these days.

I never once bought one so I never understood the appeal. It's cool if you enjoy collecting them and I'm sure there is cool artwork accociated with them to. 

Players guides bring back a lot of nostalgia... that and gaming mags of old. It might be fun to play this sort of game again with a players guide like the good old days...

Although, I usually made myself not look at anything until my second time through the game.

8 minutes ago, ort said:

Players guides bring back a lot of nostalgia... that and gaming mags of old. It might be fun to play this sort of game again with a players guide like the good old days...

Although, I usually made myself not look at anything until my second time through the game.

I am definitely in the window of ‘using a video game magazine guide’ nostalgia. More so having one person playing the game and a friend advising what to do next.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm definitely in the "never saw the point of guides" camp. I guess I can kinda see the collectible perspective, but for me, discovering what to do in games and seeing the sights for myself has always been like the entire point. Plus, by the time I was like 10 GameFAQs already existed and when you're poor, $0 is a much better deal than whatever fucking silly price guides went for. So in the rare cases I was actually stuck, that was the solution. And as a bonus, I can use Ctrl+F!

I do remember having my mom help me call a video game hotline one time for some JRPG's shitty sliding tile puzzle, and the dude being completely useless and it being very expensive for getting nothing done. Good times!

• Halal 1

Got the game preloading on my Switch. I just decided to do the $100 voucher. Gotta decide what my other game will be. 

Husband doesn’t know I did this, so I’m gonna rush downstairs and start it up when I get off work Friday morning. He’ll have to wait for some work downtime and Best Buy to open to go pick up his copy. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Halal 1

5 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Is there any point in getting an OG Switch at this point? Or just get the OLED model?

You'll save $50, which may be worth it if you're only ever going to use the thing while it's docked. If you're ever gonna use it as a portable, the screen and the better kickstand are probably worth the $50.

27 minutes ago, Kal-El814 said:

You'll save $50, which may be worth it if you're only ever going to use the thing while it's docked. If you're ever gonna use it as a portable, the screen and the better kickstand are probably worth the $50.

I think you can plug an ethernet cable into the OLED dock as well.

• True 1

18 hours ago, stepee said:

I’m kinda torn if I want to emulate this or play on the oled switch, I think I’ll just try it on the regular switch and only do emulation if the IQ annoys me too much, got it preloaded now 

Join the dark side. Game can already be played at 4k+ locked 30 fps for most systems. 60 fps mods aren't quite perfect yet, and only the fastest cpus can barely get 60 anyway.

I just got a call that my Gamestop is doing a midnight release for this.  On one hand I miss midnight releases.  On the other hand the area my Gamestop in is kinda sketch so a bunch of people lined up for video game product seems...very robbable.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Slug said:

I just got a call that my Gamestop is doing a midnight release for this.  On one hand I miss midnight releases.  On the other hand the area my Gamestop in is kinda sketch so a bunch of people lined up for video game product seems...very robbable.

Gang bangers wanna play Zelda? lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Is it worth it to get a pro controller as well? Or are the main switch/joycons fine? I do have a Wii U pro controller, but I think I'd need a dongle or something to make that work.

Pro Controller is so much better than the joy cons if you're playing on a TV IMO, and they connect natively so no dongle needed.

2 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Join the dark side. Game can already be played at 4k+ locked 30 fps for most systems. 60 fps mods aren't quite perfect yet, and only the fastest cpus can barely get 60 anyway.

I played the opening in ryujinx and it was alright and I’ve seen improvements on custom builds since then but I haven’t seen that damn square rock texture glitch go away and yeah stable 60fps wasn’t happening yet. It might be pretty much perfect by the time it comes out and the new official emulator versions come out but the game seems so good and that experience just led me to wanting a nice stable way that let’s me dive all in. But I’ll check it out both ways after it’s out!

17 minutes ago, CitizenVectron said:

Is it worth it to get a pro controller as well? Or are the main switch/joycons fine? I do have a Wii U pro controller, but I think I'd need a dongle or something to make that work.

The pro controller imo is the best controller ever made. Buy it.

1 minute ago, Hurricane Game said:

How is this game supposed to be played, like elden ring? Can you go around and just find secrets and bosses. 

Absolutely. You never played BOTW? It's a gigantic sandbox game where you can go wherever the hell you want and discover all kinds of shit. With the new mechanics the exploration will be even better this time around. 

3 minutes ago, Hurricane Game said:

How is this game supposed to be played, like elden ring? Can you go around and just find secrets and bosses. 

That's more-or-less how Breath of the Wild was, so yes. You could basically skip everything after the tutorial area and go straight for Ganon if you wanted

So in my excitement I started drawing the main image every day as part of a countdown… and then I got a commission job that got in the way of that so I only posted this twice so far:

346272741_184260951228430_52358111616278
WWW.INSTAGRAM.COM

4 likes, 1 comments - Mario Maiale (@mariogmaiale) on Instagram: "THREE days until Tears of the Kingdom drops, so let’s paint this until it’s release day. #le..."

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, best3444 said:

Absolutely. You never played BOTW? It's a gigantic sandbox game where you can go wherever the hell you want and discover all kinds of shit. With the new mechanics the exploration will be even better this time around. 

Except imagine elden ring if your awesome weapons broke every 5 hits.

:sickos:

• Sicko 1

1 hour ago, CitizenVectron said:

Make sure it’s the Nintendo pro controller and not a knock off. 

3 hours ago, CitizenVectron said:

I tried to play BotW without a Pro controller and immediately went out and bought one. The joycon controls are too tiny and cramped to do stuff like the run-jump combination.

Even if you're playing directly on the Switch, it can be nice to use the kickstand and use the Pro controller. Less portable but much nicer to use. Did it shortly after Switch launch to do that to play in the hotel on a work trip for example.

• Halal 1

20 hours ago, cusideabelincoln said:

Which emulator are you using?

I already have one of those plastic clips that allows me to dump roms on to PC, as well as an OG switch I kept just for that. 

Damn, I’m looking forward to Saturday morning. I also got the Zelda OLED switch.