What games have you purchased lately?

Chris-

Dead Space, Hogwarts, PSVR2 w/ Call of the Mountain, SW: Tales from the Galaxies Edge, Pistol Whip, Demeo, Moss 2, Pavlov and Zenith.

basically I went overboard, but it’s been worth it.

edit: and Awesome Asteroids, which is also a ton of fun, and immediately gives me Xwing VS Tie Fighter vibes, which I’ve played far more than the game probably deserved. My memories are extremely fond, and I’ve been afraid to go back and replay it because I don’t want to ruin that nostalgia. Thus fills that gap nicely, even if im not hunting Tie Fighters.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

I splurged a bit over the weekend and bought some Steam games on sale.

Great Ace Attorney, Streets of Rage 4 + DLC, Devil May Cry 5.

Look at me, being a doofus and rebuying games I own on Switch for my Deck(the first two).

Yeah Capcom sale is nice. I got RE Village with my birthday money.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Brian said:

I picked up the Ace Attorney games for the Deck and picked up the remaining Total War Warhammer 2 DLC. Just waiting a better sale for 3 and will finally play this series. 

I got you bro. Everyone should embrace the king of grim dark fantasy.

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

Hit up the steam sales. Triangle Strategy, Streets of Rage 4 and MR. X’s Nightmare, FFXIV Endwalker, Jedi Fallen Order. I have a couple of those on console already, but the price was excellent.

Fallen Order has to be an auto-purchase at that price.

I bought the Halo:MCC for my son.

• Halal 1

50 minutes ago, CastlevaniaNut18 said:

Oh yeah, I bought The RE Village expansion and Tales of Berseria on another sale a couple days ago. 

Berseria is one of the better recent Tales games, behind Arise, but it can wear out its welcome quickly. 

I definitely need the RE8 expansion, but I’ll wait until I get to it in VR.

1 minute ago, BloodyHell said:

Berseria is one of the better recent Tales games, behind Arise, but it can wear out its welcome quickly. 

I definitely need the RE8 expansion, but I’ll wait until I get to it in VR.

Yeah, I’ve always had trouble getting into these games, but this one had a setting that interested me more and it was only like $4, so I figured it was worth a try. 

I can’t do VR. But I love RE and think this was all I was missing. 

Not necessarily a game, but I just bought a Logitech steering wheel. When I was little I loved playing racing games on a controller, but as I actually learned to drive I never kept the same enthusiasm. I've gotten into watching racing for a few years now, and I think that the lack of a wheel is what has kept me from enjoying the genre. I'm looking forward to trying out Forza and F1, and maybe some of that will help me enjoy watching motorsport as well.

• Halal 2

I feel kind of dirty, I bought Dragon Quest 8 digitally for 3DS last night even though I own a physical copy (that i'm pretty sure I paid for less than what I paid for the digital copy). The issue is my copy is still sealed, I'm not sure when I will ever get around to playing (Kind of want t finish 7 that I'm about half way through). I mainly bought it to keep me from opening my sealed copy. =/

Why buy now? eShop closes at the end of the month.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anodyne

BloodRayne ReVamped

BloodRayne 2 ReVamped

Delirium

Demon Turf

Dustwind: The Last Resort

Far Cry: New Dawn

Feudal Alloy

The Forgotten City

Grow: Song of the Evertree

Infinite: Beyond the Mind

Intrepid Izzy

Kings of Lorn: The Fall of Ebris

New Tales from the Borderlands

Treasures of the Aegean

5 hours ago, Phaseknox said:

Anodyne

BloodRayne ReVamped

BloodRayne 2 ReVamped

Delirium

Demon Turf

Dustwind: The Last Resort

Far Cry: New Dawn

Feudal Alloy

The Forgotten City

Grow: Song of the Evertree

Infinite: Beyond the Mind

Intrepid Izzy

Kings of Lorn: The Fall of Ebris

New Tales from the Borderlands

Treasures of the Aegean

Never heard of any of those? Are they really cheap games?

8 hours ago, best3444 said:

Never heard of any of those? Are they really cheap games?

I’m surprised that you haven’t heard of BloodRayne, Far Cry: New Dawn, The Forgotten City, or New Tales from the Borderlands. The rest are all indie games, and some of them are on the cheaper side and are currently on sale at the PS Store for even cheaper so I bought them.

• Halal 1

spacer.png

I was eyeing an auction for danganronpa v3 but saw the seller had this and I decided to grab it while the price wasn't too high ($50 US). I've wanted this for a while but been lazy on getting a copy. I've played a bunch of Grand Knights History which this game is the spiritual sequel to.

I would also be showing off a copy of Soul Hackers 2 for ps4 but amazon.ca thought it would be funny to send me an opened copy with a cracked case (How the hell does this happen?!?!?!). Oh well I'm getting a replacement sent, the game was only $30 (Canadian). I also got the ps4 version since my ps5 is the digital edition (man my small ps4 backlog is starting to grow quite a bit).

Less purchased, but we were at my brother in laws for Easter and he ended up giving us Mario Kart 8: Deluxe and Hyrule Harriors: Age of Calamity as they’d been left in a drawer for years and not been played. It was very kind of him and I look forward to a little binge of MK8 at some point.

Destiny 2 Lightfall + Annual Pass on Feb 28. 

I think a few weeks before that I purchased Tiny Tina’s Wonderland when it was on sale to play coop with friends on our Friday night game night. It was alright, except waaaaaay too easy even on the hardest difficulty. It feels like enemy density was too low and enemies too weak.

we’re now playing Serious Sam 4 on Gamepass, and holy hell is this a much more satisfying game to play. 

Bought GOD of War: Ragnarok and also while I was there online on Best Buy bough The new Breath of the Wild 2 to surprise when it just shows up when ever. Lat game I will be buying is Diablo 4 day one. That there is a shit ton of hours in just 3 games, with D4 being rather limitless.

We went to the theatre today and as we were in town, popped into a game shop. My wife wanted something to tide her over until TofK, so she’s picked up Harvestella (she’s a big farming sim fan, and has enjoyed Pokemon so seemed an OK fit). I think I’ll try and finish Doom Eternal this week, and then decide on something else from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought Xenoblade 3 season pass for the story expansion.  Saw from recent footage that they start you from level 1 like in XB2’s Torna stand-alone expansion, which is all I needed to know to buy.

Still can’t believe I’m going to squeeze in another 25 hour (or so) RPG before Zelda.  Really wish they would have pushed this to summer, just to not feel rushed.  But I really need to play both.